If skips count, let us return to them

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bearywhite

06-14-2011

If I follow the high road and skip a case due to a different language or whatnot, why should it count towards my 10 cases to get rewarded (possibly). If that is working as intended, at least leave the cases there for me to come back too. I might be feeling saucy enough for google translate.

TL;DR: Skip is a penalty to judges

Kazaru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2011

Do you really care more about the reward than doing what is best for the in-game environment? I don't even know why Riot is giving us Influence Points for this, every volunteer's motive here should be to judge cases in a way that it will reduce the amount of offensive players/trolls/afkers/etc. in the game so it could be more enjoyable.

If you're unsure of a case then you should certainly just leave it, because even with some translator (for cases involving different languages) you may still misinterpret what is being said or how it is being said.... We need to be as accurate and just as possible on these cases.

Bearywhite

06-14-2011

I dont disagree, but I dont care to be punished for trying to do the right thing by skipping it either

Kazaru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2011

Is it really punishment? You may not get the Influence Points but that's more of a gift than something that should be intended.... This just really shouldn't be encouraged with Influence Point rewards, because then we get complaints over it and obviously less honest voting being done.

Edit: I'm not exactly going against what you're saying, I just wanted to give some input on the issue.

Bearywhite

06-14-2011

Yeah I'm not so much doing it for the IP but the IP is nice. I'm just saying if thats what they suggest we do, and I agree with it, why does it appear to punish us compared to the people who just punish/pardon the case?

It's not so much about the IP as it is questioning the intentions of skip. With or without IP I'd still like to judge 10 cases, not 8 because I listened to riot and skipped the ones in spanish. The IP just gives it a value missed. If that makes sense.