Tribunal: Reward all its own

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mísanthropic

06-14-2011

I'm greedy and grudge-filled, and I like IP. I AM TEH LAW! Call me Frank Castle! Where's teh button?! Gimme those cases! Bwahahahahahahahahahaaaaah!

/endsarcasm

outfoxxed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2011

im gonna be honest here 99% of gamers dont think that the tribunal cases they vote on will affect them directly. the truth is they dont care about helping the community, it's like saying one vote can affect a whole election. (please dont say it does because the empowerment **** sometimes is quite overwhelming)

if the players are doing you a favour you should incentivize it. instead of playing games they're reading tribunal cases which might as well be work after 100 cases.

most people dont care about making the world a better place, and some people are attracted to the tribunal for the reward (the IP). Obviously you want to make it so that people who are accurate are rewarded. Even charities have people on the payroll. Because the more people who participate the better.

Handing out IP comes out almost 0 cost to Riot. Of course you won't want it to be excessive, but the current 5IP per correct analysis is terrible. I feel like that I'm not even motivated to make the best of my time because it's 5IP i lose out on.

Serpicos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scorpio View Post
I think the main complaint about Tribunal is that it's actually "work" to go through 10 cases a day [thoroughly] for peanut pay-wages. Should it be our responsibility to clean up the streets? Frankly I just want to play the game without people clowning around and ruining my personal time. Now I have to deal with these people both in-and-out of game.
This just in

You don't have to do it if you don't want to.

Malleus Deum

06-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxabellum View Post
I've been reading some of the threads, and listening to some of the players concerned about the IP they are receiving to doing the Tribunal.

How in the heck can you complain?

You've been asking for a better community. Guess what guys...YOU ARE THE COMMUNITY. Riot has pretty much allowed you input and giving some power back in their players and YOU'RE complaining about the IP you get for it? I would do it without the freaking IP just because it gives me an opportunity to help clean up OUR community, because in the end its really us that profit by this creation. Don't forget that. This is for us. How many other game companies can you say have given their players that type of power/input?

While the process and or results is slow, and you don't see the immediate results of this new implementation think about how its going to work in the long run. Eventually players are going to be weeded through for their offenses. EVENTUALLY everyone is going to learn that it is actually working. Come on be realistic, its going to take a few months for this thing to really get rolling and for it to become a noticeably effective tool.

Have faith Summoners

Good things come to those who wait.
Now this guy i can agree with. Keep up the good work. I actually havent even paid attention to the ip i gained and was sad when i finally realized you got ip by looking at this forum. the greatest reward is the eventual clean games that will be played somewhat troll free (trundle is allowed of coarse).

GG Crono

06-14-2011

+1. Right on, brother.

Pyroxite

06-14-2011

I feel like the Tribunal is already working a lot, simply because the cases I get now are less blatant. I can also notice the difference in games. It's working.

UcanBiteME

06-14-2011

I have been a part of teh tribunal now for a while. I have reviewed over 80 cases. I had no clue you get IP. I have yet to see any on my account hahahaha Not that I care. Would be nice though. Here is my criteria so far for punish/pardon:

1) leavers/AFK -- We should get an overall record for the violators. How many games have they played, how many leaves/afk's they have, etc.

If they have 4 people reporting in a game with 5 games or more afk... I vote for punish. I also look to see if this was just an end game afk/leave. In other words did they quit out just before the game ended, usually you can tell in chat. I would like to punish for first violation but that would be me raging since this one is my pet peave!

2) Offensive language -- We should be able to see chat after game complete too. We all know how many people really continue to rage here. This would help big time. not sure why people just don't ignore user, but this is a violation.

3) Assisting other team -- I look for more than one violation here. As much as I hate this, 1 game really not suspendable unless it is just soo obvious (ie: 0-30-0). I use same criteria as AFK unless it is extremely obvious as shown in ie.

4)offensive name -- ok I had a couple that I said "really!!" ... the one that really needed banned was kkk ****a.

5) Show how many votes for against -- Ok after we vote we should get option to view current voting results or go to next violator. This will also help us to understand how other people are voting, whether we are using same criteria, and help with better punishment, pardon, skips.

Well that is my $1 worth for now. I will add and delete as time goes on. Hopefully this gets some decent feedback and LOL will listen.

Velkorious

06-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haljegh View Post
I actually pardoned 4 players today. WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BELOVED TRIBUNAL!?!?!?!
Yeah booo who wants to see nice people talking to each other? Don't tell me all the 0/40 raging yis have been banned already.

YoshioPeePee

06-14-2011

at this point i'm getting in at least 1 pardon per day, sometimes more than that

things have certainly gotten more interesting in tribunal land

also you get your ip in bunches every week, they'll send an email informing you of what you got but my email always quarantines the messages and i have to dig around to see them. Your email may be filtering them as well

Dannthor

06-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad schnitzel View Post
How many other game companies can you say have given their players that type of power?

i dont like this sentence...
they get the community to do THEIR job ... wow how nice this company is

and which power? its just an illusion.. the illusion that he will be PUNISHED cuz i press this button...
for real there is a riot-worker who'll decide if he will be punished and how
its about feeling satisfied by pressing the punished button

its for us? yes maybe. we should do it even for no ip at all? yes maybe.
will it be done for 5 ip per case? no. never ever. all of the people i know stopped doing smth @tribunal after they saw the rewards. thats reality.
this thing wont succeed this way.
TL;DR

I am an angry child, and I can't drop N-bombs and be a jerk anymore cuz my other players are gonna ban from this griefers game.