Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tanky DPS Xin Build without boots?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Master Dim Sum

06-14-2011

So I really like building Tanky DPS Xin. He can take an immense amount of damage and still dish out his own. Anyway I played a game where I basically got so fed, I had a ton of gold to build a 6 item, but it would leave me bootless. Just curious in games like this what could I build. Or in fact what could I have built to be better?

My build: FON, M. Treads, Trin Force, Atmas, BV, Warmogs.
Other Team: was a lot of AP hence all the MR.

But lets just say against a balanced team. I mean Thornmail is an obvious choice if they have someone like Xin, Yi, Tryn, Noc, Vayne Etc. But yeah what could I have changed out?

Just trying to figure out what woudl've been a good build that wouldn't have made me slow (obviously cus I need to chase ppl and Xin rocks with AS too), not squishy myself, and still put out a good amount of damage?

I was thinking maybe:
BT/BC
Phantom
Boots/Madreds/IE
FON/BV
Thornmail/Atmas
Sunfire/Warmogs?

Just curious, this was one of those rare games where I just couldn't think of what else to build to make a better Xin.

DENGY

06-14-2011

U need boots.
Boots need u.

Master Dim Sum

06-14-2011

Quote:
OrangeTreat:
U need boots.
Boots need u.

Well in that case, was there perhaps a better build I could've made?
like assume you are a fed XZ against a balanced team.

What are your 6 items?

zxlkcf

06-14-2011

My usual build goes -

Yoomuu, Merc Treads, Frozen Mallet, Banshee, Atma + Starks

iP1ayJarvan

06-14-2011

mine would be PD, PD, atmas, warmogs, frozen, and FoN. you no longer need boots due to your 2 PD, and you have mild defenses (4k hp, 100+ armor and 100+ MR) yet still be raping their squishies hard

edit: if you need arpen, get rid of 1 PD and get a last whisper, i just realized without boots you still have approx 400 MS with 1 PD, and frozen mallet slows them for u. or if you dont need arpen, just get a GA for more resistances.

TheAsianPlayboy

06-14-2011

Did you have 3 pots + oracles up at all times?

Make sure you do that before even thinking about replacing your boots.

Gooze

06-14-2011

Wit's End
Merc Treads
Ghostblade/Black Cleaver
Banshee's Veil
Hexdrinker
Guardian Angel

Xin Zhao should build more towards the DPS side than the Tanky side of the term "Tanky DPS".