15% MP or 50+ Health Regen?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kallen Kouzuki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2011

Burb / Panzer

Any team with a good number of stuns would crush me with that because I'd pretty much be required to take Sorcerer's over Merc, and the Void Staff seems good, but there always seem to be more pressing items to build and I never get around to it (I'm still practicing Last Hitting so maybe that's it... but I am improving). Do you know any other items that have Tenacity that might make that a bit more realistic for games like that?

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

06-14-2011

There's a Tenacity item that builds from Philosopher's stone, but you mentioned not liking that item. (There's also a physical damage one and an AP one, but neither has stats that are great for you.)

I don't usually get RoA on Ryze unless I'm dominating, as it slows down your defensive items. Tear > Banshee's/Frozen Heart > other defensive item. (AA eventually, and boots in there somewhere.) Getting your Banshee's or Heart (or at least the Glacial Shroud) will help make you extremely durable, especially if you can get them early enough, before the enemy has finished too many core items. If I need the extra health, Rylai's and/or Haunting Guise both give him health and either Magic Pen or slows (the AP is just a bit of icing, you're not buying them for it).

Kallen Kouzuki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2011

Okay, thanks for the advice . I just like getting the RoA earlier so I can get the full benefits asap but next match I'll start like you suggested. As for masteries... well I guess getting defensive items will help so the magic pen should be fine I suppose, as I don't see survivability being such a huge issue if I buy defensive items right off the bat.

Yeah, the Philosopher's Stone is just kind of a weird item, and I'm not sure when I'd buy it. If I buy it before Tear... well then I don't have a Tear. If I buy it after that, then I don't have my boots early enough. Any later, and what little bonus it gives me is pretty much wasted as other items would be much more useful at that point, like a Banshee's or Glacial Shroud like you said. I guess I'll stick to Merc for Tenacity.

Burbinator

06-14-2011

Well tenacity is not NECESSARY on a ranged champion necessarily. Its really good, but as to whether or not you need it depends a lot on the particular game. I'd say that rushing BV would be good enough unless they have 4-5 snares/stuns on the same team. Getting hit by cc once in a while is unavoidable, but if you're at the point where they are chaining it on you continuously, you need to work on positioning instead. As important it is to stay alive, you also need to be fulfiling your role as dps, for which sorc adds a LOT. Either way, its not really a case in which you can substitute the mpen mastery for the mpen boots or anything like that. 15% is only noticeable late game when they have lots of MR, useful for stacking with voidstaff, but early game its like 4.5 mpen which is very negligible.