Reporters becoming a problem

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MolotovCaveat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-15-2011

TL;DR version:
The problem with the Tribunal system is that reports don't expire every week. On a long enough time line everyone will have a few games like the one I described. If they expired weekly this wouldn't eventually add up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiyuy View Post
It's an awesome new form of griefing apparently.
I just had a game where this happened to me.

Summoner level 29. I like to play support characters, but I can play tanks well, too. I play intelligently, & I like to play together with a team that's willing to communicate with me.

In the game where I was greifed I was playing as Maokai. My lane-ing partner was an Irelia. They were building only +Gold items (Philosopher's Stone, Heart of Gold, & components for other +Gold Items, but no boots).

Both of our lane's opponents - an Alistar & a Brand - were at about 200 Health. The Brand in our lane Recalls & (as we continue to poke at each other) he eventually comes back with full Health. This was about 6th or 7th level. We fall back under our tower.

The other team tries a push & I move out to take Alistar's attention so my teammate will be safe to take him out. Irelia starts spamming her ultimate at Brand, totally ignoring the almost-dead Alistar. He knocks my tank against a wall, tosses him into the air, & then chases me back to the tower. He manages to drops my Champion before walking off. The entire time Irelia is still trying to kill Brand. Irelia never attacks him.

I haven't said a word to her up until now, & she could have probably killed Brand, but he retreats with Alistar & she decides to fall back. I wouldn't have said a word against her, maybe asked her to coordinate better, but at this point Itelia starts saying in all-chat that I'm a n00b because I didn't ignore Alistar to help drop Brand. I pointed out, in team chat, to Irelia, that Items other than +Gold will be helpful, & that Alistar had less than 200 Health at the time. He should have been easy game for her. Irelia responds by telling me that I should know better; evidently common knowledge is that you never attack a tank. I roll my eyes, but whatever. I keep playing.

I was not obscene to Irelia, but the torrent of obscenities & accusations of feeding that followed from Irelia persisted steadily for the entire game. I'm not talking about someone making a comment when they get dropped, or raging while they're dead or something. I mean she was stopping fights so she could type obscenities at me. I'm thinking, "well, that's a bad lane parter. She's immature & she's embarrassing herself. I'll try not to push her buttons."

When I respawn I start heading top again, but our Miss Fortune, who's mid, gets dropped. I notice that mid is empty, so I head there to cover for her. She's been trash-talking with the other team's Kassadin the entire time, but neither have killed the other until just now, leaving Miss Fortune 0/1/0. I move into mid & do a good job of outplaying Kassadin. We're both at less than 20% Health as Miss Fortune moves back up into mid, & I throw a Sapling Toss before I drop back to let her take over. I step into the bushes like I'm heading back to top but when I see I'm not being followed I start to Recall (so I can go to base to heal). Miss Fortune & Kassadin start staring over the minions at mid again, neither of them poking at the other...

I notice the tower's under 50 Health & has been since I got to mid. He & Miss Fortune are both falling back, but Kassadin wasn't as good at taking out minions. My side's minions are going to wind up moving to the other team's tower. I stop Recall & I check the tower. Less than 100 Health! I know Kassadin is playing cautiously, so I decide to throw a Sapling Toss after him & rush the tower.

The minions are getting shot by the tower, so I easily drop the tower. Miss Fortune falls back & types "ks" while Kassadin Void Walks back to his now-destroyed tower. I drop him, too.

The Miss Fortune now starts cursing that I came mid to grief her & I that Kassadin was her kill. She starts saying I just KS'ed her twice & that she wants me out of her lane. I put her on ignore & Recall so I can head back up top with Irelia (who still hasn't stopped complaining about me).

I get back to top with Irelia. At this point Irelia & I are close to dropping the tower at top, & we make a successful push against a now-alone Alistar. As we're under the tower about to drop both the tower & Alistar she sees a chance to let Alistar kill my Champion again. She stops attacking him.

She isn't attacking anything at this point - she's just among the Minions moving back & forth. Alistar drops my Champion. She moves away & types that she did so on purpose, then accuses me in all-chat of being a feeder. We don't drop the tower in question - neither then, nor for the rest of the game. Miss Fortune joins her.

Irelia & Miss Fortune continue to tell both teams throughout the match that I'm deliberately feeding & that I'm causing problems. They're being vulgar in team chat. They're trying to coax our teammates to support them in getting the other team to report me.

At this point my teammates are actively avoiding being in a lane with me. Whenever I go to a lane everyone on my team moves to another lane. Since I'm playing our tank this seems pretty bad strategy to me, but Irelia, Miss Fortune, & our Akali are just focused on growing their k/d ratio. My teammates are mostly jungling & trying to gank, but run from me if I move to help them. The other team is sticking together & is pushing.

I wind up putting three of my team's members on ignore (Miss Fortune, Irelia, & Akali). We fight a couple of team fights like that, in both of which I was the last Champion of my team still standing. I can tell based on what the other team are saying in all chat that all three of Irelia, Miss Fortune, & Akali are all accusing me of feeding. The other team has figured out that my team won't stay with me. I'm under level compared to the other team, & they start moving to whichever tower I try to defend & all tower-diving at me.

Despite playing as a tank I've managed three kills, an assist, & have been killed about five times, but have destroyed towers as well. I'm the only player to have dropped any of the other team's buildings, & I'm not giving up the kills easily. Each time my Champion drops more than one opponent is present against me on my own. At this point I know I have to stop pushing because I don't want to actually become a feed, so I start to defend towers. The other team pushes all three lanes to our base while the whiny trio refuse to help. Akali spends most of her time jungling, while Miss Fortune keeps dying to the inner tower at mid. Irelia is bouncing around between the other two. Whenever I ask the team to try to stay together they refuse to help.

By the time the other team is up to our Inhibitors in all three lanes they've figured out that if they go for the tower I'm defending nobody will show up to help me.

My team surrenders, & in the post-game lobby the three of them are trying to convince the other team to report me. I point out that I was obviously trying to help. I point out that I killed more minions than anyone else. I point out that I'm the only one with any tower kills. I point out that I wasn't being obscene. I ask the other team to look at my match history. I point out that I've won most of the games in my match history, & that in my previous game (also as Maokai) I had a very good ratio. I point out that the other three were intentionally trying to make the game hard for me, & that the other team was admittedly trying to focus on me.

Since the whiny trio wouldn't stop talking about Alistar, I'm asked why I "kept focusing Alistar." I explain that the only time that came up he had been almost dead & that I was doing my job as the tank.

This game requires teamwork, which means that when someone isn't pulling their weight you need to be free to get them to work as a team. The problem is that, when you allow harsh encouragement, everyone will (on a long enough time line) get blamed for that one game that is an absolute nightmare. I don't feel I should need to defend myself for the three games out of a hundred. The Tribunal system, as stands right now, will force that.

TL;DR version:
The problem with the Tribunal system is that reports don't expire every week. On a long enough time line everyone will have a few games like the one I described. If they expired weekly this wouldn't eventually add up.

CG DataS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolotovCaveat View Post
TL;DR version:

I just had a game where this happened to me.

Summoner level 29. I like to play support characters, but I can play tanks well, too. I play intelligently, & I like to play together with a team that's willing to communicate with me.

In the game where I was greifed I was playing as Maokai. My lane-ing partner was an Irelia. They were building only +Gold items (Philosopher's Stone, Heart of Gold, & components for other +Gold Items, but no boots).

Both of our lane's opponents - an Alistar & a Brand - were at about 200 Health. The Brand in our lane Recalls & (as we continue to poke at each other) he eventually comes back with full Health. This was about 6th or 7th level. We fall back under our tower.

The other team tries a push & I move out to take Alistar's attention so my teammate will be safe to take him out. Irelia starts spamming her ultimate at Brand, totally ignoring the almost-dead Alistar. He knocks my tank against a wall, tosses him into the air, & then chases me back to the tower. He manages to drops my Champion before walking off. The entire time Irelia is still trying to kill Brand. Irelia never attacks him.

I haven't said a word to her up until now, & she could have probably killed Brand, but he retreats with Alistar & she decides to fall back. I wouldn't have said a word against her, maybe asked her to coordinate better, but at this point Itelia starts saying in all-chat that I'm a n00b because I didn't ignore Alistar to help drop Brand. I pointed out, in team chat, to Irelia, that Items other than +Gold will be helpful, & that Alistar had less than 200 Health at the time. He should have been easy game for her. Irelia responds by telling me that I should know better; evidently common knowledge is that you never attack a tank. I roll my eyes, but whatever. I keep playing.

I was not obscene to Irelia, but the torrent of obscenities & accusations of feeding that followed from Irelia persisted steadily for the entire game. I'm not talking about someone making a comment when they get dropped, or raging while they're dead or something. I mean she was stopping fights so she could type obscenities at me. I'm thinking, "well, that's a bad lane parter. She's immature & she's embarrassing herself. I'll try not to push her buttons."

When I respawn I start heading top again, but our Miss Fortune, who's mid, gets dropped. I notice that mid is empty, so I head there to cover for her. She's been trash-talking with the other team's Kassadin the entire time, but neither have killed the other until just now, leaving Miss Fortune 0/1/0. I move into mid & do a good job of outplaying Kassadin. We're both at less than 20% Health as Miss Fortune moves back up into mid, & I throw a Sapling Toss before I drop back to let her take over. I step into the bushes like I'm heading back to top but when I see I'm not being followed I start to Recall (so I can go to base to heal). Miss Fortune & Kassadin start staring over the minions at mid again, neither of them poking at the other...

I notice the tower's under 50 Health & has been since I got to mid. He & Miss Fortune are both falling back, but Kassadin wasn't as good at taking out minions. My side's minions are going to wind up moving to the other team's tower. I stop Recall & I check the tower. Less than 100 Health! I know Kassadin is playing cautiously, so I decide to throw a Sapling Toss after him & rush the tower.

The minions are getting shot by the tower, so I easily drop the tower. Miss Fortune falls back & types "ks" while Kassadin Void Walks back to his now-destroyed tower. I drop him, too.

The Miss Fortune now starts cursing that I came mid to grief her & I that Kassadin was her kill. She starts saying I just KS'ed her twice & that she wants me out of her lane. I put her on ignore & Recall so I can head back up top with Irelia (who still hasn't stopped complaining about me).

I get back to top with Irelia. At this point Irelia & I are close to dropping the tower at top, & we make a successful push against a now-alone Alistar. As we're under the tower about to drop both the tower & Alistar she sees a chance to let Alistar kill my Champion again. She stops attacking him.

She isn't attacking anything at this point - she's just among the Minions moving back & forth. Alistar drops my Champion. She moves away & types that she did so on purpose, then accuses me in all-chat of being a feeder. We don't drop the tower in question - neither then, nor for the rest of the game. Miss Fortune joins her.

Irelia & Miss Fortune continue to tell both teams throughout the match that I'm deliberately feeding & that I'm causing problems. They're being vulgar in team chat. They're trying to coax our teammates to support them in getting the other team to report me.

At this point my teammates are actively avoiding being in a lane with me. Whenever I go to a lane everyone on my team moves to another lane. Since I'm playing our tank this seems pretty bad strategy to me, but Irelia, Miss Fortune, & our Akali are just focused on growing their k/d ratio. My teammates are mostly jungling & trying to gank, but run from me if I move to help them. The other team is sticking together & is pushing.

I wind up putting three of my team's members on ignore (Miss Fortune, Irelia, & Akali). We fight a couple of team fights like that, in both of which I was the last Champion of my team still standing. I can tell based on what the other team are saying in all chat that all three of Irelia, Miss Fortune, & Akali are all accusing me of feeding. The other team has figured out that my team won't stay with me. I'm under level compared to the other team, & they start moving to whichever tower I try to defend & all tower-diving at me.

Despite playing as a tank I've managed three kills, an assist, & have been killed about five times, but have destroyed towers as well. I'm the only player to have dropped any of the other team's buildings, & I'm not giving up the kills easily. Each time my Champion drops more than one opponent is present against me on my own. At this point I know I have to stop pushing because I don't want to actually become a feed, so I start to defend towers. The other team pushes all three lanes to our base while the whiny trio refuse to help. Akali spends most of her time jungling, while Miss Fortune keeps dying to the inner tower at mid. Irelia is bouncing around between the other two. Whenever I ask the team to try to stay together they refuse to help.

By the time the other team is up to our Inhibitors in all three lanes they've figured out that if they go for the tower I'm defending nobody will show up to help me.

My team surrenders, & in the post-game lobby the three of them are trying to convince the other team to report me. I point out that I was obviously trying to help. I point out that I killed more minions than anyone else. I point out that I'm the only one with any tower kills. I point out that I wasn't being obscene. I ask the other team to look at my match history. I point out that I've won most of the games in my match history, & that in my previous game (also as Maokai) I had a very good ratio. I point out that the other three were intentionally trying to make the game hard for me, & that the other team was admittedly trying to focus on me.

Since the whiny trio wouldn't stop talking about Alistar, I'm asked why I "kept focusing Alistar." I explain that the only time that came up he had been almost dead & that I was doing my job as the tank.

This game requires teamwork, which means that when someone isn't pulling their weight you need to be free to get them to work as a team. The problem is that, when you allow harsh encouragement, everyone will (on a long enough time line) get blamed for that one game that is an absolute nightmare. I don't feel I should need to defend myself for the three games out of a hundred. The Tribunal system, as stands right now, will force that.

TL;DR version:

I agree.

ICantPauseMom

06-15-2011

Agreed. Everyone has a bad game, but then that game will haunt you for the rest of your LoL career and can get you on trouble, I was having a terrible game with Ashe, I was like 3/8/6 and the entire team and enemy team reported me, I hope I don't get banned for that because I didn't do it on purpose and EVERYONE has a bad game.