Reporters becoming a problem

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mayobe

06-13-2011

I'm not suprised that the world is filled with idiots, but when you report someone for leaving and 'costing their team the match' and the supposed leaver's team won the match and they have dialog all the way to the end of the logs you're wasting everyone's time.

I've noticed that in game people are going nuts with the report feature now the way they have done with the surrender feature. I was in a game last night where our main carry lost his connection and INSTANTLY my team wanted to surrender and report. I mean INSTANTLY. I said no and lo and behold the guy reconnected a couple minutes later.

Maybe there should be a test of some sort that people have to pass in order to demonstrate the minimum intelligence level required to do things like propose a surrender or report another player. Something like link people to an IQ test and if they score lower than 10 then they don't get to do these things.

The problem with trolls/feeders/bungholes was really bad and the situation has improved drastically because of the tribunal, but now we're having problems in the other direction.

As a serious proposal, maybe some kind of tort reform is in order? If you report someone and they are pardoned then you lose 20 IP? If you propose more than one surrender vote in a game you have to pay 5 IP for each additional vote?

Or at least a 'demerit' button next to the reports given. If a reporter accuses someone of something they clearly didn't do, or otherwise abuses the report function (spam / obscenity) then you click the button and reports from that person are given a reduced weight in the future.

WindWhip

06-13-2011

The thing where it says whether the team won or not is broken and has a tendency to say the team won, even when they lost.

Olera144

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-13-2011

I don't think IP penalties will ever make their way into the game. Though maybe a system to punish overagressive reporters could. As it stands I'm not sure the identity of the people are associated with their reports. We can't tell, but maybe Riot's system can.

HatLlama

06-14-2011

There indeed is a lot of threats of reports and frivolous reporting. After all, reporting only takes 2 clicks and you lose nothing from it.

Amiyuy

06-14-2011

It's an awesome new form of griefing apparently.

I just had a match where my lane partner kept running out and tossing people back on top of us (he was Singed) and getting us killed. I tell him to stop ("Singed, stop it.") and he starts verbally attacking me and telling the other team in All that I called him the N word and to report me. He keeps up about it constantly. When I tell him I'm not afraid because I didn't do anything wrong he threatens me with that people just auto-punish.

Well he succeeded at griefing because it did bother me.

Auto-punishers paired with matches apparently showing up with only one match in the report - I think I have reason to be upset about a possible false report. I don't have enough faith that there are enough people actually reading the chat logs to counter-act that.

I am not a rager, I don't cuss at people, I don't call them idiots. If I say anything at all I tell them bluntly to stop doing something when it becomes necessary (Singed had already caused us to die three times before I said anything). But now I'm becoming afraid to say anything at all for fear of people reporting me to take out their frustration/anger on me via reporting as well as in chat.

So yes, I reported him for verbal harassment, but I hate that his harassment had enough "truth" in it to actually bother me.

LordZZX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2011

Bumping so peple read Amiyuy's post.

NOVA Resonant

06-14-2011

I agree with Amiyuy. I've had games where they just aren't going well and the team is doing badly and someone will attack me and tell the other team to report. As with Amiyuy I always am fair and keep my cool in these games and I think it is kind of out of hand with the reporting thing. However, I really hope that everyone that is in the tribunal is taking it seriously (As I have.) I definitely spend the time to read the chat log and judge whether the person actually deserves to be punished and I really hope that others are doing the same.

Don Kobra

06-14-2011

I report everyone after /ignore all.

Profit.

Marshmallomancer

06-14-2011

I was just thinking the same thing. People are so quick to report someone for a little smack talk. I'm not even talking dropping the f***bomb or racial epithets. Just ribbing the other team that they, in a fit of poor-sportsmanship and being bad losers, latch onto as an attempt to get some sort of revenge and a small victory. While I personally would like to see people be more polite in general, I don't think reasonable smack talk should be a punishable offense. It's a competitive game. Get thicker skin.

I guess I shouldn't complain. More free IP for Tribunal cases.

Amiyuy

06-14-2011

Reading this post by Jozrael helps:

Quote:
Also, please keep in mind that punishments are vetted by a Rioter before being implemented.
Still incredibly frustrating that people will do that at all though.