Leaving a bot game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dreampod

06-13-2011

I punished a bot game leaver the other day. He had 4 leaves from bot games including an epic ragequit. The sad part is I'm not entirely sure he was all there upstairs because he would occasionally send messages in /all directed towards the enemy team.

Phrixscreoth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-13-2011

The only time I'll punish a leaver is when I can be assured that they are leaving on purpose, regardless of the mode. If they just stop talking for a good long while and they haven't been raging (and others comment they have left) then I generally assume it's cause they d/c'd and it isn't their fault. I'd pardon someone with only 2 games reported for leaving should I find no evidence of their doing it on purpose.

WindWhip

06-13-2011

Originally I would have said it's no big deal if someone leaves a bot game, they are still pathetically easy to beat. However, after having three games where not only one, but three people left, some intentionally, others not, my opinion changed. If they leave intentionally, as with any other game mode, they should be punished. We had one person at the beginning of the game in champ select in one of mine who started with asking if he was allowed to leave in the middle since it was a coop vs. ai game and he only had ten minutes to play. Everyone told him no, if he wasn't going to be able to finish the game he should dodge. He didn't and when he left, you can bet he got four reports for it. That being said, I would be more lenient on someone who left in a bot game. If the had only one, maybe even two intentional leaves, then I might be inclined to pardon it.

Olera144

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-13-2011

I only punish games where the leaving seems intentionally disruptive. The type of game wouldn't matter to me if the leaving seems intentionally disruptive, but I try and avoid judging just on AFK because there is usually to little evidence to make the kind of informed judgement I prefer to make

Orion69

06-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkcyd View Post
Let me throw my 2 cents in.

I am currently banned.

I moved and had Clear 4g wireless and it sucks at my new house disconnecting in game or during periods of high usage.

I of course dropped 2 games in a day. I came back the next day hoping it would be better....still disconnecting. I don't know if all 3 of these or just a few of these games were leaves, I tried to reconnect and play through all of them but being competitive wasn't even possible.

I call tech support then and try to get in on a bot game so I can trouble shoot it without ruining a game. THEN I get reported and banned for repeatedly leaving a bot game. A bot game while I thought I was being polite. So, since it is obviously on my chest. **** your rediculously overzealous judgemental and irrational view of what player connectivity is like. For 1000 games, I've had less than 20 leaves and almost 10 of those were when I first started and didn't understand. But I make somebody unhappy in a bot match while I think I'm being polite and fixing my connection and I get banned? You border on the slipperly slope of rational people telling you to **** off and I'll go play another game.

Let me calculate that up for you since all games are 5 mans, and I'd average a 35 min game each, I've played on average 2.4 months. This gives me about 1.4 leaves per week played continously. That is with crazy kids, irrate girlfriends, hungry puppy dogs and other acts of god. I still only really bail on a little over a game every week of continously play...but thats too much. Tell ya what. Mark punish....us adults will find a better home
I'd mark punish. I have about 600 games and 3 leaves. Those 3 leaves were like the day I started. I've had lag issues, that I had to deal with, but when it started lagging too bad, I'd join a custom or bot game. You don't get reported in a bot game if you just suck (which lag can do). You do however, get reported if you d/c.

HatLlama

06-14-2011

I was actually suspended for 24 hours over this. Perhaps it was even my case. I NEVER leave real games, but I've afked in quite a few coops (because I play coops when I'm half busy but want the first win of the day) so I'm pretty sure that's what it was over.

Obviously I'm quite disappointed to be punished over something so trivial. In fact it's not too hard for 1 person to win a coop game alone, I've had to do it when everyone else afked xD.

Seriously though, handing out suspensions simply for leaving a game mode designed for those with less time/skill is pure idiocy. I can't think of any other game that would do this.

YoJinBro

06-14-2011

I'm really wishing we can get someone with authority to give us a word so we can continue judging cases with confidence. But until then, all we can do is continue giving our points of view, spur discussion, and understand each others' perspectives and be able to come to a fairer conclusion for ourselves.

I agree that being banned for leaving a couple of bot game is pretty ridiculous. But at the same time, I don't think that it's okay to leave any game, be it a bot game or not. Of course there will be situation when something urgent happens and we simply cannot wait for the game to end, but such situations should be few and far between... and if someone were to make it onto a tribunal case for leaving, I would like to be able to assume that such behavior is a pattern, and such patterns should be discouraged from continuing.

The tribunal is the system set in place to help enforce the summoner's code, and leaving for any reason violates a few tenets of the Summoner's Code:

I - Support your team
"Also, remember that you have to be there to contribute, so don’t leave the game or go AFK!"
I guess this is as close to an answer as it gets. It doesn't say anything about bots... so I'll asume that any game mode where you have a team, it is your responsibility to support it, no matter what kind of opponents you are facing.

IV - Enjoy yourself, but not at anyone's expense
Leaving a game means you are ruining the game for at least 4 other people.

IX - Lead by example
"Nobody’s asking you to be perfect, but we do want you to, whenever possible, strive to uphold the same standards of behavior that you expect everyone else to maintain."
I don't want people leaving during my games, so I should be expected not to leave games myself. Makes enough sense to me...

HatLlama

06-14-2011

Unless it's something like directed verbal abuse and harassment, banning people for not playing seriously in a game mode solely created for such type of player is deeply disturbing.

In the near future I hope they can at least add more detail to the tribunal cases so you can clearly see if the game was Custom/Coop/Normal or Ranked. The rules should not be the same for all.

Bees

06-14-2011

People report other players for leaving bot games? So, they are mad because they could have won a little quicker if the player stayed? That is not worth reporting or punishing.

NOVA Resonant

06-14-2011

HatLlama that's kind of a hard case but I would say that if you have to leave a co-op vs. AI game multiple times people are going to report you and with the current situation of the tribunal not showing what game mode each case was in everyone has to be a bit more careful not to leave games multiple times. I think that even though AIs are very very easy to beat if you're going to leave so much just play a custom game by yourself to try out whatever weird thing by yourself or with friends.