Leaving a bot game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YoJinBro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-13-2011

Hey, I was doing my daily 10 tribunal cases, and I came across a player who was reported for leaving (as usual) but upon reading the chat log, the game was a bots match. Not sure if it was a custom game or a Co-op vs AI game, but evidently, this guy left a bot match and was reported for it.

This guy only had two games to judge from, and both of them were for leaving a bot game.

I chose to punish, because I think leaving is always a bad thing, and leaving bot matches can lead to bad habits with leaving that can carry into the future -- and this may also discourage afk-bot-gaming to farm IP. (However, I thought the leaver-buster system is supposed to take care of this, but whatever.)

Was I correct in punishing a bot-game leaver?

Adac

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-13-2011

Well until Riot tells us in the Tribunal what game mode the game was actually played in (and whether or not we can acceptable leave custom/coop games), I believe we have to punish for AFKing.

Scorch100dc

06-13-2011

Customs are a grey area imo

I know for sure leaving a custom game is not punishable. It's been said many times by Wrenchmen and Riot staff in the forums

Customs are made to stuff around

I do agree it can lead to bad habits in normals

Verbal abuse I think is still punishable in custom games. I stand corrected if I'm wrong

Darkcyd

06-13-2011

Let me throw my 2 cents in.

I am currently banned.

I moved and had Clear 4g wireless and it sucks at my new house disconnecting in game or during periods of high usage.

I of course dropped 2 games in a day. I came back the next day hoping it would be better....still disconnecting. I don't know if all 3 of these or just a few of these games were leaves, I tried to reconnect and play through all of them but being competitive wasn't even possible.

I call tech support then and try to get in on a bot game so I can trouble shoot it without ruining a game. THEN I get reported and banned for repeatedly leaving a bot game. A bot game while I thought I was being polite. So, since it is obviously on my chest. **** your rediculously overzealous judgemental and irrational view of what player connectivity is like. For 1000 games, I've had less than 20 leaves and almost 10 of those were when I first started and didn't understand. But I make somebody unhappy in a bot match while I think I'm being polite and fixing my connection and I get banned? You border on the slipperly slope of rational people telling you to **** off and I'll go play another game.

Let me calculate that up for you since all games are 5 mans, and I'd average a 35 min game each, I've played on average 2.4 months. This gives me about 1.4 leaves per week played continously. That is with crazy kids, irrate girlfriends, hungry puppy dogs and other acts of god. I still only really bail on a little over a game every week of continously play...but thats too much. Tell ya what. Mark punish....us adults will find a better home

YoJinBro

06-13-2011

Well, it was difficult to tell if it was a custom game or a Co-op vs AI game. Does anyone know if leaving is not punishable in Co-op vs AI?

Thanks

Darkcyd

06-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoJinBro View Post
Well, it was difficult to tell if it was a custom game or a Co-op vs AI game. Does anyone know if leaving is not punishable in Co-op vs AI?

Thanks
yes it is, push punish since you obviously can't read beyond one line posts.

YoJinBro

06-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkcyd View Post
yes it is, push punish since you obviously can't read beyond one line posts.
I read your post. Sorry for your connection issues (too bad you can't have bot games with just one player, right? that was the only real way of troubleshooting connection issues without bothering anyone else, but Riot often sets a minimum of two players per custom game) -- I get connection issues from time to time and I feel terrible if my team loses because of it. But the fact of the matter is, you did ruin 3 normal games... and having a game ruined by a leaver - doesn't matter why he left- feels just as terrible. You most likely only got a short, temporary ban anyway.

Anyway, I just thought it was funny that someone made it onto a tribunal case just for leaving a couple bot games. If it really is acceptable to leave custom games, I wish that:
  • it'd be easy to tell what kind of game you are tribunaling for
  • there would be a clear rule stating that leaving a custom or bot game should NOT be punished

But until then, I will continue punishing leavers in any game mode.

YoshioPeePee

06-13-2011

i am a frequent tribunal user

though i wasn't banned for it there was a period where i had to deal with a ****ty internet and used bot games to test my connection so i wouldn't ruin normals

about 50% of my bot games during this bad internet month were lag and DC filled though i tried to be polite, funny, and honest to avoid reports and it seems like i managed to do it

i won't punish cases that consist entirely of 1 or 2 games where it is not clear that the dude is leaving on purpose, the tribunal is meant to get rid of jackasses, not people who temporaily have computer issues, especially in the non competitive atmosphere of bot games

leaving/afk cases require judges to be subjective, if they are isolated incidents and the guy isn't clearly doing it on purpose we should give him a break, we never know when we will lose our beautifully reliable connections that we have now

Mayobe

06-13-2011

I will never punish a leaver/afk for a bot game.

I only punish leaver/afk in normals or ranked if they said something in chat that makes it an obvious rquit or if there's at least 5 games (not counting bot games) where they left.

I don't punish people for having incidental computer problems because that would make me the kind of person the tribunal is supposed to be getting rid of. I try to treat people with courtesy and patience.

When I was younger and more naieve I tried to treat people well because I thought they'd return the favor. Now that I'm older and more cynical I try to treat people well because most people don't know how to handle it.

Darkcyd

06-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoJinBro View Post
I read your post. Sorry for your connection issues (too bad you can't have bot games with just one player, right? that was the only real way of troubleshooting connection issues without bothering anyone else, but Riot often sets a minimum of two players per custom game) -- I get connection issues from time to time and I feel terrible if my team loses because of it. But the fact of the matter is, you did ruin 3 normal games... and having a game ruined by a leaver - doesn't matter why he left- feels just as terrible. You most likely only got a short, temporary ban anyway.

Anyway, I just thought it was funny that someone made it onto a tribunal case just for leaving a couple bot games. If it really is acceptable to leave custom games, I wish that:
  • it'd be easy to tell what kind of game you are tribunaling for
  • there would be a clear rule stating that leaving a custom or bot game should NOT be punished

But until then, I will continue punishing leavers in any game mode.
So I guess my question here would be how pray tell would I have known my internet would screw up in advance or should to play LoL we need 2 connections. Which btw, I now have. I currently have both Clear and Comcast as providers. I will never again leave a game. I will push punish for anyone who ever leaves another for any reason including being raped.
That is right, if you are being raped, you will be expected to finish game play. Think of how those other 4 people will feel if you just leave.