The Tribunal: When do YOU punish?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

InfernalPanther

06-13-2011

I suppose a better question might be, when do you pardon? I'm mostly looking at games where people supposedly afk'd. If you don't see something in the chat log that would indicate that the player intentionally left, do you still punish, or do you pardon simply because it could be a disconnect?

Rhakhar

06-13-2011

I haven't pardoned anyone yet. If it was a DC that sucks, but it happens. For example if I know it's going to be storming and there's a potential for a power/HSD outage I simply do not play because I don't want a leave and I don't want to waste 9 other players' time. I don't think asking for that type of precaution from players is too much.

And, if his DC was a 1-time thing then there shouldn't be any further consequences and he'll only get a warning.

InfiniteBoat

Recruiter

06-13-2011

most of the time i pardon people if the only thing they do wrong can be removed by careful use of the /ignore command

Typhnox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-13-2011

Sorry, but I punish in cases where I think it's a disconnect, I had hella leaves, but I fixed my problem eventually. I expect others to do the same.

InfernalPanther

06-13-2011

I've only pardoned one or two people just because it seems like you can't punish someone for afking if they may have disconnected. I'm no expert though XD

Saint1y

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-13-2011

One afk is understandable, but 10+ is kind of pushing it. Most of the ones I have encountered fit the latter.

Best Lolicon NA

06-13-2011

iv yet to use pardon....xD

so iv punished every case as in every case they have been...undeniably guilty

Subdue

06-13-2011

Punish on the first instance of breaking the rules. If they've made it to the tribunal they have been reported many times. Besides, you aren't deciding how much punishment they deserve. If their transgressions are minor, they'll likely only get a warning.

UcanBiteME

06-13-2011

OK here are some serious suggestions for the tribunal. Feel free to add your opinion and/or additional suggestions.

1) leavers/AFK -- We should get an overall record for the violators. How many games have they played, how many leaves/afk's they have, etc.

If they have 4 people reporting in a game with 5 games or more afk... I vote for punish. I also look to see if this was just an end game afk/leave. In other words did they quit out just before the game ended, usually you can tell in chat. I would like to punish for first violation but that would be me raging since this one is my pet peave!

2) Offensive language -- We should be able to see chat after game complete too. We all know how many people really continue to rage here. This would help big time. not sure why people just don't ignore user, but this is a violation.

3) Assisting other team -- I look for more than one violation here. As much as I hate this, 1 game really not suspendable unless it is just soo obvious (ie: 0-30-0). I use same criteria as AFK unless it is extremely obvious as shown in ie.

4)offensive name -- ok I had a couple that I said "really!!" ... the one that really needed banned was kkk ****a.

5) Show how many votes for against -- Ok after we vote we should get option to view current voting results or go to next violator. This will also help us to understand how other people are voting, whether we are using same criteria, and help with better punishment, pardon, skips.

Well that is my $1 worth for now. I will add and delete as time goes on. Hopefully this gets some decent feedback and LOL will listen.

Ashgard

06-13-2011

I punish all day, everyday.
I feel good while doing it. I feel good after it. I feel good thinking about the next days punishes.

It gives me a constant flow of mature pines.

I am

THE PUNISHER