Tribunal Stress

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dreampod

06-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furycrab View Post
I'm starting to have the same fear the OP is having..

Not so much that I'll get banned, but that if a few bad apples could easily start flooding the system with reports of intentional feeding just by reporting anyone that played less than optimally.

Personally I SKIP ambiguous cases, but I don't really feel like it's to my advantage to ever pardon "intentional feeding" since it's usually super obvious or super ambiguous and I'll probably never see a case that was straight up wrong unless I see someone reported for intentional feeding with no deaths.

For now I'm not too concerned since if the tribunal ever comes to a point where it doesn't have terrible people in it for me to punish with my wra... err well that would be great , however if it becomes flooded with false ambiguous reports it might become difficult to actually get to the real offenders.
Why not pardon cases that don't have clear evidence?

If the tools they give us don't support the charge then our limited information will result in a pardon. If they really are misbehaving they will come back into the tribunal or get caught by the leaverbuster. Really the only thing that skipping does is empower the auto-punishers.

Ultimately though a pardon vote has a lot more power than a punish vote so even with people auto-punishing the system should still work if there is a modest amount of fair judges.

Mísanthropic

06-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreampod View Post
Ultimately though a pardon vote has a lot more power than a punish vote so even with people auto-punishing the system should still work if there is a modest amount of fair judges.
Requires "hope". I don't have hope in players. Especially if they're the very ones initiating cases and wrecking our in-game experiences with, "REPORT [insert victim here]! GG TRIBUNAL! AAAAAHAHAHAHAAH!" attitudes. I don't exactly see the "judges" being fair or modest if these trolls are capable of logging onto the Tribunal and clicking the "punish" button almost incessantly...

oO Undersky Oo

06-13-2011

Leaving the players to judge themselves is a horrible idea ,im glad that now people are figuring it out

mpank

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-13-2011

I gues everyone with 500+ games will get a 2-3 days ban sooner or later. Imposible to play that many games and dont have at least 1 DC, 1 bad game with the score of 1/10/1 and say something bad in chat.So, who is next?

YoshioPeePee

06-13-2011

i pardon when i don't feel like the player is being a jerk and breaking rules

just play the game and do your best. In my experience most people review these cases carefully and pardon or skip iffy cases

step 1 is to tell your friends to start taking thier time with the tribunal and being fair, if they give a **** about you your story should be enough for them to be more careful

step 2 is to just play, have faith that tribunal will pardon bad reports and especially that riot will ignore a nonpunishable case that the tribunal sends thier way

Vulgar Dentist

06-13-2011

If you're stressing about the tribunal you're taking the game too seriously.

Phatts

06-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by med1ckyomouth View Post
If you're stressing about the tribunal you're taking the game too seriously.
Sorry I had to leave to go into work and leave the conversation.

I'm more stressed that I've spent alot of money on the game trying to support riot for making a good game, but now I'm worried that some trolls will get me banned...even though I do try to win every game I play and never rage, etc. I have a bad game and people report me for not coperating with team or intentional feeding....that's what stresses me.

I work full time and have a family. I am not good at this game and don't pretend to be...but I should be able to log in and just blow off some steam and not have to worry about a bad performance banning my account when I had good intentions the whole time.

I'm happy to see some peeps in this post who do take the time to read and judge fairly like I do. I just hope we outnumber the IP farmers. =(

Synlarch

06-13-2011

I have to agree with OP.

I'm also learning Trundle right now and my games are very hit or miss. This is my first proper jungle and I run into a lot of issues with people not guarding or people not playing 1v2 well and all the blame goes on me. Then if the team is afraid to fight as a melee champ I do really badly, unlike my other champs (Anivia and Urgot) I can't sit in the distance and poke, I'm either hitting people or useless.

Can result in pretty negative scores at times and I would really prefer not to get banned for some misinterpretation of "intentional feeding".

Mortos00000

06-13-2011

You seem like a good guy, so even in a worst case scenario where you are malisciously reported, it somehow gets punished in tribunal, and a riot employee judges it harshly. At worst you could expect a warning or a 1-2 day ban. And that is absolute worst case scenario in the system. You're 99% likely to make it through without incident, and you definitely won't lose your account unless your actions are clearly intentional, persistent, and inexcusable; which it doesn't sound like they are.

So far as far as I can tell every single person complaining about their ban has thoroughly deserved it. So rest easy.

Phatts

06-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synlarch View Post
I have to agree with OP.

I'm also learning Trundle right now and my games are very hit or miss. This is my first proper jungle and I run into a lot of issues with people not guarding or people not playing 1v2 well and all the blame goes on me. Then if the team is afraid to fight as a melee champ I do really badly, unlike my other champs (Anivia and Urgot) I can't sit in the distance and poke, I'm either hitting people or useless.

Can result in pretty negative scores at times and I would really prefer not to get banned for some misinterpretation of "intentional feeding".
Yup, my game prior I was 6-0 and forced a 20 min surrender with Trundle. Right afterwards I get a duo que harrassing/reporting me for just flat out getting outplayed by the nunu.

I know it's frustrating, i've had games where I go 20+ kills and still lose because my team can't close the deal....just had one a few weeks ago with Cait 24-5-13 and we lost....but I would never report someone for just having a bad game especially when it could incure a suspension/ban.

People are taking advantage of the system. =(