Tribunal Stress

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phatts

06-13-2011

Just voicing my concern for this.

I have had a few bad games here and there, probably like everyone else. The last bad game I had was the last one I played, where I jungled trundle against a very good nunu that counter jungled me. I didnt' do well with ganks because I couldn't keep up in xp/gold for wards/etc. Just a bad game.

So my entire team threatens to report me for not coperating with team, intentional feeding (I was 0-5-6) and stuff like that....even though I was trying to help, and I was not feeding on purpose and getting assists.

Even though riot staff may check out stuff before punishment, I still get a bit stressed....especially since I have sunk alot of money into this game. Alot of my friends don't even review cases, they just punish for the free IP.

Now every game I play I am terrified of bad performance and it's starting to lose it's fun. I can't even play to relieve stress because it's more stressful worrying about a bunch of trolls reporting me for just trying to have fun. ( I play normals only, I don't ranked).

Not sure where else to go with this, I think the system is flawed. You can't dish out a reward and expect people to not exploit it. I have had atleast 7-8 of my in game friends openly admit they dont' even read cases and just "punish" because thats what the mass majority does.

Just sad, love the game but it's not fun when you can't just mess around and enjoy it like a game.....

paulWHISKEY

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-13-2011

I wouldn't be worried over a few games. Most of the times I punish for feeding is when it's really bad (0-20) or they announce it. Or people say stuff like "gg noobs enjoy yout 4 v 5 im out". If someone seems to be communicating with their team and not obviously trolling they get a pardon from me.

Leib Olmai

06-13-2011

The fact that you might harrass and insult other teammate during that game will decide if you get banned.
Also, the report is based on mostly more than 5 games.

If you get banned from tribunal, it's not because the system is flawed. It's because YOU DESERVE IT.
Think before you act next time.

People that have "bad game" and don't act like a d**** don't get banned.

Phatts

06-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pious Pius Pie View Post
I wouldn't be worried over a few games. Most of the times I punish for feeding is when it's really bad (0-20) or they announce it. Or people say stuff like "gg noobs enjoy yout 4 v 5 im out". If someone seems to be communicating with their team and not obviously trolling they get a pardon from me.
I understand I'm the same way.

But there are alot of people just reporting all the time just to troll. They knew I was coperating and initiating (I was tankiest one on the team as trundle lol). But because we obviously lost I became the scapegoat and all gang up on me.

This is from a 0-9-1 zilean and 2-11-4 irelia who qued together as well.

Grunge

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-13-2011

I got a premade one game that reported me for feeding because I carried one of them bot lane. Ended up going 17-1 as Malz when the Fiddle I was with went 0-5 in 15 minutes.

They said they reported me for intentionally feeding and allegedly the other team did as well.

Some men just want to watch the world burn, Phatts.

Phatts

06-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHGrunge View Post
I got a premade one game that reported me for feeding because I carried one of them bot lane. Ended up going 17-1 as Malz when the Fiddle I was with went 0-5 in 15 minutes.

They said they reported me for intentionally feeding and allegedly the other team did as well.

Some men just want to watch the world burn, Phatts.
Yea thats what worries me. All the trolls reporting for no reason, then all the people just 'punishing' without reading the game logs. According to some of my buddies and how they do tribunal, you would have been punished for being 17=1 for intentional feeding because they don't even read it.

Isn't that some bs?

Xachariah

06-13-2011

People will tell you that if you get banned by the tribunal, its your own fault. They will tell you that you won't get to the tribunal for just a single game. I think that is for two reasons:

1) They fear that the system is flawed and errorprone and don't want to admit it as they are afraid to lose this cool system again.

2) The tribunal actually works for most of the cases.

I have by now judged on >100 of cases and whereas at the beginning I only got crystalclear cases of abuses and verbal harrasment, things are getting less obvious by now. And I also start to wonder if the system is indeed as good as people think.

One of the most strange things so far happening to me was a case with a single game, where all 4 teammates reported the player for verbal harrassment: Only that he didnt say a single bad word. Instead he was being polite despite being harrassed himself.

In another case one of the reports claimed that the player had said "Osama bin laden ftw", but there actually was not a single anti-american sentence by the player. In this case also only 2 games had been reported, iirc.

I think noone can honestly judge by now whether the system will truly work for such cases and people will pardon. The most obvious flaw is that indeed by just judging "punish" without reading you will be right in >90% of the cases. Time will tell how many people will just do that.

And people will get bombarded with flames if they ever dare to come to the forums to complain about and unjust tribunal judgement. Noone will believe them - noone will want to believe them.

fred321

06-13-2011

Riot should do something about IP farming via tribunal, like obvious control cases in wich if you vote wrong, you loose a LOT of IP, making auto-voting non-viable, or perhaps banning from tribunal people who get too much cases wrong.

Sorakan

06-13-2011

It seems like the more cases you get right, the more difficult the cases you get to judge, ie Intentional feeding reports where the 'feeder' has <10 deaths (after judging quite a number of cases this has seemed to happen for me). I assume your game would likely come under this category and so you are more likely to be judged more fairly.

Furycrab

06-13-2011

I'm starting to have the same fear the OP is having..

Not so much that I'll get banned, but that if a few bad apples could easily start flooding the system with reports of intentional feeding just by reporting anyone that played less than optimally.

Personally I SKIP ambiguous cases, but I don't really feel like it's to my advantage to ever pardon "intentional feeding" since it's usually super obvious or super ambiguous and I'll probably never see a case that was straight up wrong unless I see someone reported for intentional feeding with no deaths.

For now I'm not too concerned since if the tribunal ever comes to a point where it doesn't have terrible people in it for me to punish with my wra... err well that would be great , however if it becomes flooded with false ambiguous reports it might become difficult to actually get to the real offenders.