EU Tribunal vs. US Tribunal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CrimsonFart

06-12-2011

This is how we Roll in the EU.
Reports: What They are meant to be used for and what they are really used for.

Offensive Language

How do you make a law about offending people? How do you make it an offense to offend people? Being offended is subjective. It has everything to do with you as an individual or a collective, or a group or a society or a community. Your moral conditioning, your religious beliefs. What offends me may not offend you. And you want to make laws about this? I’m offended when I see the word "Bro" for god sake.

People report you for offensive language just because you disagree with them. Disagreeing with someone is offending them and their views. You can expect an offensive language report also after someone says quote: "don't tech me to play, i play how i want"

Leaving the Game/AFK

The game has been going on for 10 minutes, your bottom lane ashe is 0/6/0, mid is 0/5/0 and you have died to fed enemies 4 times by now. The game has allready been decided but there is still another 10 minutes to go until the surrender timer. Deciding to sit it out in the base not to further improve your kill/DEATH/assist ratio in a game that is clearly Over will result in an AFK report.

Verbal Abuse/Harassment

Quotes taken Directly from the US Forums from topics regarding the same matter:

"People really should read the logs, because I noticed that one report is all it takes to get someone to the tribunal, and some people report for the most trivial things, like a teammate saying "noob team" being reported as harassment."

"people are using report function as a self-defense mechanism towards any or all criticism they recieve."

"Verbal abuse can be found in significant partner relationships where there is ***, intimacy, and commitment. It also can be found in families, work or school situations, among students, and even among friends. It may even start when boys and girls begin to date. An individual can help prevent verbal abuse by learning more about what it means.

Verbal abuse (also known as reviling) is when someone uses word(s) and/or mind games to instill self-doubt in the victim and to build the abuser's sense of dominance and control. Verbal abuse is a pattern of behavior that can seriously interfere with a person's healthy emotional development. It leads to significant detriment of a person's self-esteem, emotional well-being, and physical state."

Now think about how many time have you seen Verbal Abuse actually happen in a game and how many times have report threats about it occured. (It is one of the most frequent report reasons in the Tribunal.)

Unskilled Player
After learning that RIOT Games does not punish anyone for being an unskilled player people just stopped using this, because there are other types of reports that can result in a case in the tribunal.

Assisting enemy team
In an ideal situation a player is guilty of this kind of behaviour when they use the following lines in chat:
"We're going baron!"
"Dragon lol"
"Care mid our bot is going to go gank you"

But In reality this is used when someone dies, because giving gold to the enemy team is assisting them.

Spamming
The team leader who pings and desperately types"BBBBBBBBBB" or "back back back" to a team that is as stubborn as donkeys gets rewarded with this glorious report for trying to coordinate a team of skilled players.

Tribunal is rewarding Vigilantism with IP. After a Defeat, hordes of Simple minded people firing up the tribunal with thoughts of vengance and hopes that they get to pass judgement on people they just reported or reported in the past.

If you use the tribunal you should not have any other gain from it other than just the thought that you help make the community a better place and help Justice prevail.

When using the tribunal without any material gain you will prove that you are actually interested in reading through the cases and carefully considering the evidence before reaching a verdict - Not rushing a daily chore.

Use the Tribunal and also the report function with more care, Do not let bitterness of defeat cloud your judgement when pressing that Report/Punish button, because some day the community is going to be fully self-governed by the tribunal and you might get an automatic ban for these kind of reports : )

People who do it just for the IP are downvoting :/ haelp

BASEDGOD23

06-12-2011

法庭是任择议定书

jessejsteeltown

06-12-2011

post of the night in my opinion

Krshna

06-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASEDGOD23 View Post
法庭是任择议定书
qft +1

RedUsagi

06-12-2011

Quote:
法庭是任择议定书
astounding insight indeed...

Ulfang69

06-12-2011

Good post, to many trolls and kids on this game who need to stroke their epenors

MyDeadGrandma

06-12-2011

By roll, you mean, farmers **** on their produce and give everyone E.Coli?

CrimsonFart

06-12-2011

I guess the downvotes are from people who report exactly like described in this post and hate how I satirized them ;p

Ary?n

06-13-2011

Quote:
法庭是任择议定书
Hoes on my **** cuz I look like Jesus

EthanQ

06-13-2011

I like oranges