I am REALLY getting sick of this....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YourRoleModel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-13-2011

Yeah... instead of taking the tribunal as an opportunity to improve their behavior, they just find new ways to be abusive.

I think... if you try to communicate calmly in chat, saying what you're doing, and have reasonable numbers at the end of the game, you should be fine.

Where the reports like that can hurt you is if you have a report mixed in there... say, Game 3, where, you really DID do and say some bad ****.

I look at a few games and read chat logs instead of just hitting "punish".

Usually though, I find something, even in the cases that are mostly pardonable... where, in game 5, the guy bought all boots, called his team swearwords, and purposely fed.

I don't hit punish for "team tribunaling" though.

OnlyBotLane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by soylent View Post
I just had a match with 4 people, obviously premade. I got constantly harrassed by one of them for not helping the rest.
Ezreal (mid) had 0-4-1 after 10min. Poppy, who was laning with me (vlad) at bot was 80% of the time in mid, just to feed the enemie Annie in mid more (she was 7-1 after 10min). Yet I got blamed for not helping mid versus a SINGLE enemy, while I defended bot vs a hard pushing Jax and Shaco...
They reported me for "not listening to the team". I was the only one with positive stats after 20min (they all surrendered), but I am the one getting reported.

Just another bs reason, why the Tribunal fails and only destroys the game even more. Can't wait for DotA 2...
Well.. That's not necessarily the tribunals fault. I'm not saying the tribunal is great buuuut the matchmaking is worse.

Sovexe

06-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTinWong View Post
where is the problem
we got tribunal!

people get your case, wait 60 seconds and click punish without reading..

oh wait.. i suddenly see your problem

and i have a similiar problem :/
i love weird builds - and i am win a lot with them. But whenever a game fails - i get the blames and the reports since im not going for a standard build ...

i even had games where i got flamed hard for playing ap trist .. while having most kills and second most assists :/ ... reports for trololololling
Why would people press punish without reading? Getting cases wrong makes your max tribunal cases per day go down, you don't get IP, and you convict an innocent.

WarTornPanda

06-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Dan View Post
Why would people press punish without reading? Getting cases wrong makes your max tribunal cases per day go down, you don't get IP, and you convict an innocent.
Because most everyone else will click punish as well, so you wont be wrong.

Tenshi Jinn

06-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTinWong View Post
whats the entire point of tribunal? i doubt that riot takes a very very close look at those cases after the community did... most likely they just check the report reasons aka "negative attitude" and punish based on those... i mean the "community" already agreed to punish this cases

if riot had the time/ressources to check each case from scratch... there wouldnt be a tribunal

but thats just how i think it works... !
They said they'll review all cases that the community has decided to punish to see if said player deserves said punishment. The purpose of the Tribunal is to filter out all the punishable reports from the pardonable reports.

Orion69

06-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by soylent View Post
I just had a match with 4 people, obviously premade. I got constantly harrassed by one of them for not helping the rest.
Ezreal (mid) had 0-4-1 after 10min. Poppy, who was laning with me (vlad) at bot was 80% of the time in mid, just to feed the enemie Annie in mid more (she was 7-1 after 10min). Yet I got blamed for not helping mid versus a SINGLE enemy, while I defended bot vs a hard pushing Jax and Shaco...
They reported me for "not listening to the team". I was the only one with positive stats after 20min (they all surrendered), but I am the one getting reported.

Just another bs reason, why the Tribunal fails and only destroys the game even more. Can't wait for DotA 2...
It doesn't destroy the game in the slightest. First, you have to have a couple (at least 3 I believe) games that you are reported. Second, you would have had to do something against the summoner's code to get banned/warning. Third, Riots review all punishments before issuing a punishment.

Also, people fail to realize what the point of the Tribunal is:
1. Just by being here, there is a billion less trolling.
2. It's a filter before Riot actually looks at the reports. Basically, Pardons get taken out of the cycle and Riot doesn't have to look at them, but they do have to look at the Punish.
3. It helps make the community better.

Tenshi Jinn

06-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarTornPanda View Post
Because most everyone else will click punish as well, so you wont be wrong.
Yea you can be, if Riot says it's pardonable while the whole community says punishable the community is wrong. Also, Riot limits a player's use if they view them as just spamming away the punish button while also increases other player's use if they've consistently voted the proper verdict.

Tenshi Jinn

06-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion69 View Post
It doesn't destroy the game in the slightest. First, you have to have a couple (at least 3 I believe) games that you are reported. Second, you would have had to do something against the summoner's code to get banned/warning. Third, Riots review all punishments before issuing a punishment.

Also, people fail to realize what the point of the Tribunal is:
1. Just by being here, there is a billion less trolling.
2. It's a filter before Riot actually looks at the reports. Basically, Pardons get taken out of the cycle and Riot doesn't have to look at them, but they do have to look at the Punish.
3. It helps make the community better.
I believe it's more like 8 cases because all cases I've had so far had at least 8

Orion69

06-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Barbossa View Post
I kinda like the idea of tribunal!

for suggestion: I think that, to be fair, Riot should also punish those wrongfully accusing report

I have similar experience, I just finished up this game(blind pick) where I left alone on a path facing against two to three enemy champions, and my partner(that guy supposed to be defending with me) decided to jungle while I was facing three of them, it sucks I meant, but I can put up with that; so I got killed a lot because of that ...

And out of the blue, this guy (whom been jungling right from the start) start BLAMING me ... and for what? for not be able to fight off two to three of them at the same time, .... I was like WTF!!!! and the amazing thing was though, other teammates start blaming me as well, they said things like, I should of ask for help or something, but the fact was ... I had asked for help for 3 times in a roll, within 5 mins

so then, we were losing( seems like it), those A-holes kept on with their **** talks; and eventually when we start winning ( cause some of us pushed hardcore); that guy stop jungling and join us pushing, and stop his BS, at the end, we won that game.

so in this particular case, I was the one whom die-hard defening, and I had been called noob the entire game for being: trying to defence while some selfish A-hole decided not feels like to help at all, and I got all the blames, and they both said they wanna report me!

got reported for calling his SELFISH ASS OUT, and trying to do my part as a TEAM; got reported for playing as a team, try to defence ... so that his selfish ass could have free time jungling instead of fighting off enemy.

am not here to try to get even(what's the point, cause **** happens all the times), but I meant, players should get punished for wrongfully accuse others.. just to be fair! to make senses... in some cases!
Next time this happens (as you obviously don't know the point of jungling) ask to be bottom lane with a partner. Top lane will be solo and should only be used by players that kind of know what's going on.

Orion69

06-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenshi Jinn View Post
I believe it's more like 8 cases because all cases I've had so far had at least 8
I've had a pardon that had three games on it, hence why I said at least 3. I'm not sure if you can ever show up with 2 or less tho.