[Help!] Best Lane Synergy w/Poppy?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Varghul

06-12-2011

As an avid poppy player I can say that laning with a good support is the best way to go.
if your enemies are good harassing, that support will allow u to stay in lane and get some minions without becoming a free kill. If they cant...supports dont usually go for cs, so you are free to get minionfed.

I really enjoy laning with taric, but sona, alistar, janna and soraka all make great partners.

If a support is not what you are looking for, then a stong harasser with cc is ur best option, since getting kills shouldnt be that hard with a doble stun + massive burst.
only problem is poppy is not gonna get lots of minions so unless you manage to get kills, poppy's early-mid game is gonna SUCK.

Wuumaster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-12-2011

Generally, you want someone with some good CC and can hold the lane while Poppy goes off and kills people elsewhere.

Lux & Morgana can both hold a lane while providing decent damage and control.

Likewise, while Sion normally takes the solo top, he'd work well if Poppy sticks bottom. He might have trouble if the enemy lane has good harassment though.

Alistar and Blitzcrank are both excellent as well. Both are dangerous melee who's abilities suppliment Poppy's while adding decent damage. Neither can really hold a lane on their own, but it would be difficult for the enemy laners to get damage on the tower for fear of a Pull/Punt or Pulv/Headbutt combo into the tower.

Karma wouldn't be a bad choice either. While she lacks the CC, the Shield (and the bomb that comes with it) is very, very effective on Poppy, plus the AoE Heal/Damage cone on top. Poppy isn't going to argue with a slow/speed boost tether either.

Soulseeker78

06-12-2011

anyone with a stun, snare, or pull. I don't like others with knock-backs in my lane when I'm playing poppy. More often than not they get knocked away from me or the wall I'm trying to use.

StardustxDragon

06-12-2011

i would say either alistar or blitzspank is best with poppy

Tails

06-14-2011

Thanks for the suggestions! After trying Alistar I've completely fallen in love with the character, and with the collision passive, tossing kills to Poppy couldn't be easier. However, I also decided to purchase Vayne, and her absurd OP skill-set is even more successful with Poppy, though that may just be because I am good at ranged carries.

Chaoticon

06-14-2011

Alistar or Blitzcrank are the only two I would consider "good" while laning with poppy. How did you come up with Ashe? She is a terrible choice for poppy.

Mystfyre

06-16-2011

I think Maokai wouldn't be half bad with Poppy.

Herne

06-16-2011

Nunu. Giving Poppy a SECOND run speed buff and a fantastic targeted slow on your target is awesome. Granted, you're now a two-AP lane, but Nunu's perfectly sustainable, and can at least consume himself healthy (and consume away mobs) if you're being pushed. The pair are not fun to tower dive in the least.

Crownz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-16-2011

I main Poppy
I even make new smurf with id name " Demacia Poppy "
for me i cant play with pussies like soraka janna taric lane with me.
Though enemy harras is ignore still hard to farm.
I prefer like chogath singed xinzhao sona bull. at least getting kill or killed since poppy isnt easilly killed early game.

my equip ?
Trinity Force , Phantom Dancer ,Lastwhisper , IE ,Bloodthirster and Merc treads.
I want to try Change phantom dancer to Youmu. but havent got chance. When i play poppy at rank game. The two guys solo lose so hard and we surrender in 20 where i just got my trinity.

i want to ask did Poppy ulti canceled by cleanse or QSS ? as i know merc treads reduce its duration.

Lengone

06-16-2011

I have had great success with Gragas/Poppy in lane. Together they have an incredible toolset. Poppy has a push with potential stun, great burst and tower diving capability. Gragas has great poke, laneing sustain, a slow and a push that can be used away or toward.

The way my bro and I work it out is Gragas tanks with his body slam when the other guys try to zone us out or gank and pokes with barrel roll and BS. In a pinch poppy can save gragas by charging and hammer blowing on them and also if they follow gragas after he BSes them. For offense Gragas starts with his explosive cask to position them within range of a wall for poppy's charge then you both go to town on a slowed AS lowered target. Poppy can tank the tower with her ulti if Gragas has his ulti down.

The best part of this combo is that either one of you can initiate an attack even under tower range depending on whose ulti is up.