Countering Akali: Low ELO Version

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThePsyborg

08-29-2011

Background info: I main Kog'Maw, AS/on-hit build, preferably mid.

So- after much, much pain and suffering- I'm learning how to avoid feeding Akali, and even how to outlane her. All the usual advice- tower-hugging, oracle's/pinkwards, CC, etc.

However, I have a problem. As soon as Akali sees she's not going to get fed off me, she just leaves- heads off and ganks another lane. My lane is usually already at my turret, and I don't dare push her tower when she leaves because...y'know...Kog'maw...so she roams for a bit feeding off my teammates- who _haven't_ been buying Oracles, even the smart ones, because they didn't expect to be laning against her. She's got the highest base movespeed in the game, so she can get between lanes very quickly, and following her to countergank is futile.

And once she starts getting kills, Akali snowballs insanely quickly. She'll be fed to a degree I only ever see on her and the occasional pubstomp Katarina, while our entire team is still in the early/middle of their builds.

At this point, Akali generally has enough burst to kill me (or any teammate with Oracle's) under our tower in the face of our whole team. At which point it's pretty much all over.

I am not asking for advice playing against Akali as Kog'Maw. I already know this is a losing game! Therefore, I want to focus on learning a new champion. (Kog'Maw honestly sucks for solo queue in general.)

So here's my real question: Given that, at low ELO, Akali will get fed off of someone (even if it's not me), and there is nothing I can do to stop this, which champions can either 1) counter a hyperfed akali, or 2) get fed faster and win the game in spite of her?

Steeomp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

08-29-2011

Champions with AOE. Carry at least 1 pink ward with you for when she uses her shroud. Doesn't Kog'maws ultimate reveal Akali?

Scorbolt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2011

Lee Sin is a good Akali counter because he can reveal her with tempest.

Simply carrying a pink ward in inventory rather then spending 400g on an oracle - which even with strong play can be honestly lost in a team fight -might be a good idea because you can drop it after she engages wherever a fight breaks out.

At the end of the day though Kog'maw will always have a difficult time with Akali as is the nature of their carry/anti-carry roles.

ThePsyborg

08-29-2011

Sorry, I think I was misunderstood.

I am not asking for advice playing against Akali as Kog'Maw. I already know this is a losing game! Therefore, I want to focus on learning a new champion. (Kog'Maw honestly sucks for solo queue in general.)

I'm asking which champions can beat her in lane AND win the game even when (not if) she gets fed off someone else?

Thanks.

GON the Mage Guy

08-29-2011

Lee Sin is one of the best picks against her. Too many times I've seen Akalis freak out and do the "Ogodwhatdoido" back and forth run when I reveal and kick her into a turret.

If she moves to another lane, follow her. Ask your teammate to switch so you can keep her down specifically.

Scorbolt

08-29-2011

http://www.solomid.net/forums/index....s-akali-guide/

"There are a few that can completely shut out Akali in a solo lane, that is (Cho'gath, Garen, Gragas, Kassadin, Kennen, Mordekaiser, Pantheon, and Urgot)."

DMPuffy

08-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GON the Mage Guy View Post
Lee Sin is one of the best picks against her. Too many times I've seen Akalis freak out and do the "Ogodwhatdoido" back and forth run when I reveal and kick her into a turret.

If she moves to another lane, follow her. Ask your teammate to switch so you can keep her down specifically.
This man knows what he's talking about. Lee Sin completely shuts down most Akalis. Kennen is a good counter as well. He can do a lot to her even when she's invisible, he has a good escape combined with a stun. Jax also does fairly well against Akali, if he doesn't hang out in her shroud or has a pink ward. If it's a mid-Akali, then Orianna is an AMAZING counter. Orianna can completely shut out and zone an Akali early game, leaving her to suffer mid-late game.

Duhizy

08-29-2011

pretty much any champ that can still hit her when shes in the shroud. lee sin can see her, anivia can place an ultimate on top of the shroud trust me anivia can beat akali, orianna kills her, brand gets her, annie rapes her usually if played right, kassadin is pretty much the counter to all ap carries but hes really underpowered at the moment imo, kennen will get her without taking much damage, urgot literally rapes her completely she has no chance at all lol aswell as any champ you want to buy oracles on because if you get oracles you really should have no reason to die at all and then in most cases akalis lose in this situation

irmm

08-29-2011

I main as akali, and from what I have seen lee sin is the best counter but I will just adjust my build depending on who I am laning against.

Morde I think is the best bet since he makes it almost impossible for her to farm.

RosesAreFF0000

08-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by irmm View Post
I main as akali, and from what I have seen lee sin is the best counter but I will just adjust my build depending on who I am laning against.

Morde I think is the best bet since he makes it almost impossible for her to farm.
I agree with lee, but I've never had "too" much trouble farming with akali against morde. I mean it's another and a lot of micro movement but I find people with huge AOE's more annoying. Like Brand....god how I despise and target Brand.