[Help!] Best Lane Synergy w/Poppy?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tails

06-12-2011

Hello all,

So the sad time has come where my best "LoL friend," whom I introduced to the game, has become significantly better than I. Unfortunately, he achieved this by deciding to play Poppy exclusively. He goes far beyond pulling his weight for the team, so I don't have much of a case to make against his choice of mains. Now that I've started to fall behind, I've found myself stuck in attempting to find the champ with the best synergism in lane with Poppy.

I have tried many different combinations, to varying degrees of success and consistency, but cannot help but feel either held back by Poppy's early-game style or helpless against our opponents' harassment (in the less successful games.) Poppy's anti-carry, heavy-assassin style game play really lends itself to sitting in the bushes waiting all too often, placing a lot of pressure on me to maintain lane control.

Our biggest problem is this however - the choices that work best, primarily Ashe, are common mid-lane champions. Once I have Ashe selected, the other three randoms in champ select usually follow suit by instantly locking melee champs, nearly always forcing me to go mid. It would be nice if this could be avoided, but achieving the best synergy is definitely my priority.

So, I ask you this - what have your best Poppy + _____ combinations been, and more importantly, why? I am open to any suggestions, and have the majority of the champions unlocked as it is. Thanks for reading, I look forward to people's input! :3

Malkna

06-12-2011

Blitzcrank. Why? Have him sit in bush while poppy last hits than when he pulls poppy wall smashes then blitz pops up. The amount of dmg done by this is kind of silly. Well this was one of my best poppy lane comps neway.

Grand Pryce

06-12-2011

Support. Janna+Soraka, or even Taric.

However, to 'win' the lane, you def will need CC , that is also probably range. I'd say Sion, Cait.

Overall- 1)Support, 2) CC or Range like caitlyn(but if they are 2 tanks...)

Mute Lunatic

06-12-2011

Taric does well. His stun is ez to land and gives poppy a chance to slam the opponent into a wall which is a huge part of Poppy's early burst. Also Tarics Stun + Shatter combo is pretty good damage in the beginning. His heal keeps Poppy up from the inevitable retribution from the other laner. By level 3 or so you can easily have a kill or the summoners spells gone from at least one opponent laner.

Birps

06-12-2011

Poppy + Alistar, just try it once you'll freaking love it =D Honestly its such an op lane. Alistar zones with headbutt and pulverize - poppy farms. When he uses pulverize he headbutts into wall and them poppy follows up with a charge. Trust me just try it once.

-It wont let me click on abide by summoners code xO

JedimasterDarren

06-12-2011

I agree that Allistar is a great Poppy mate.

I also like it when my friend plays twitch as he goes invisible in the bush, giving me LOS to slam them into the wall. His ranged attack with expunge helps seal the kill.

Tendrake

06-12-2011

The two best possible lane partners for Poppy are Taric and Alistar, both of whom are capable of healing Poppy and zoning the opponents with hard CC. Taric is a better choice if farm is prefered, as his heal leads to better sustainability, while Alistar is far better for kills due to his insanely hard CC and ability to tower-dive with poppy at level 6.

Tails

06-12-2011

Thanks for all the replies so far! Out of all the ideas mentioned I like the sound of Alistar + Poppy the most, I think I'll start practicing with him since hes free. Taric and Soraka....just way too support-ish for my liking.

If anyone has any other interesting ideas please don't hesitate to share. I was hoping to find someone who can dish out the damage fairly well while still providing the needed utility. Alistar covers that somewhat however.

Tails

06-12-2011

afternoon bump :3

Strains

06-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBirp View Post
Poppy + Alistar, just try it once you'll freaking love it =D Honestly its such an op lane. Alistar zones with headbutt and pulverize - poppy farms. When he uses pulverize he headbutts into wall and them poppy follows up with a charge. Trust me just try it once.

-It wont let me click on abide by summoners code xO
This is probably the best combo with poppy, both can knock opponents back into a wall and get stuns off. Since alistar can heal the laning phase is very strong. In terms of late game, ali would be able to help protect your carries while poppy goes anti-carry mode in team fights.

The second best imo is janna, the shield helps poppy cs much better and janna provides poppy with the movement bonus. Once again janna can help protect your carries as poppy goes berserk in team fights or janna can shield poppy for the extra damage and gaining assists along the way.

The third imo is akali/ireilia, both can hold their own in team fights and both are anti-carries the problem is that they both need cs so poppy would have to share some. I like this combo more just because of the team fights, poppy doesn't need support in fights and neither do akali/irel. I would recommend this combo because you yourself can improve by playing a champion that can carry a game.