IE or BC for corki ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ebonclaw

06-13-2011

Trinity adds Physical Damage. However, the proc damage from Sheen/Lich/Trinity is added AFTER critical calculations. (Just like Warrrrrrrrrrrrax described above.)

Corki wants 2 things, AD and Armor Reduction. Well, and defenses, probably. :P

Redenbacher

06-13-2011

If you're not building any Crit on any champion reliant on AD and auto-attacks, you're not building effectively in my opinion.

Yes, AD boosts the gatling gun, and yes, he can trigger Triforce procs on every cooldown. I agree with that. However, reducing armor in to the negatives does not equal the damage boost granted by critical strikes.

The damage bonus from a BC/Stark's build is roughly equivalent to a BF sword on each auto-attack, I've done the testing.

I honestly believe both should be in every build. You need Crit to continue to be useful late game.

What I think people are forgetting is that Corki is auto-attacking during Gatling Gun. Having the same mix of AD, AS, and Crit on Corki is just as important as it is on any other champion, and I argue that Corki just benefits from it even more BECAUSE he is auto-attacking throughout the duration of GG. Which, makes his auto-attacks hit harder... why wouldn't you invest in crit?

Getting a critical strike while the enemy has -50 armor? That's priceless.

I wouldn't at all advocate something like PD, but an IE is a wise purchase.

Schweinhund

06-13-2011

Mm -> tf

Toymaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-13-2011

bt

StardustxDragon

06-13-2011

Treeforce/manamune

Enfillyon

06-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
If you're not building any Crit on any champion reliant on AD and auto-attacks, you're not building effectively in my opinion.

Yes, AD boosts the gatling gun, and yes, he can trigger Triforce procs on every cooldown. I agree with that. However, reducing armor in to the negatives does not equal the damage boost granted by critical strikes.

The damage bonus from a BC/Stark's build is roughly equivalent to a BF sword on each auto-attack, I've done the testing.

I honestly believe both should be in every build. You need Crit to continue to be useful late game.

What I think people are forgetting is that Corki is auto-attacking during Gatling Gun. Having the same mix of AD, AS, and Crit on Corki is just as important as it is on any other champion, and I argue that Corki just benefits from it even more BECAUSE he is auto-attacking throughout the duration of GG. Which, makes his auto-attacks hit harder... why wouldn't you invest in crit?

Getting a critical strike while the enemy has -50 armor? That's priceless.

I wouldn't at all advocate something like PD, but an IE is a wise purchase.
that sums up my view on IE vs BC
i get both, but i get the IE first

you already have something that reduces armor so capitalizing on that with crits instead of adding more negative armor is indeed priceless

shubomber

06-13-2011

I think the other reason people take BC over IE is the attack speed. But I guess since you're probably getting Stark's anyway you'll get it later on.

Master Dim Sum

06-13-2011

If you buy a BC, it's hard to debate what you would buy later, BT? IE? Starks. I guess either way it's not a bad option.

However, I decided after the Manamune, Trin force deal. To build an IE, then Zeal that would eventually become a Phantom Dancer. I though the IE, PD combo on Corki with Manamune and Trin Force was just outright awesome. But then again if you have a manamune, trin force, PD, and IE on Corki. You're probably already super fed, and anything with that amount of gold on Corki (assuming you didn't build tank) was going to pwn.

AegisStrife

06-14-2011

personally i dont get manamune, my spamming usually comes from blue from my junggler

anyway the reason i asked is because i usually get defensive items after a BF sword item and triforce, usually by then everyone focuses on you, despite having valk it still might be difficult to run.
i see so many corki failed by getting close to no defensive items and straight dmg/crit/etc.. and at the long run they fail. a dead corki deals no dmg.

might try IE for a change...