Missing space on D drive?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dmirtygorachyov

03-29-2010

Hi, i need some general tech support if this area can help me with it please. Ill try and keep it brief, as this has almost nothing to do with League of Legends.

I recently formatted my computer, and now im getting way better framerates in league of legends, but i made partitions this time. Drive C has 180gb while drive D has 5.6gb.

My windows folder and my docs and settings are in the D drive, while everything else is on my C drive. But theres one weird thing though, as when i highlight all my folders in my D drive, and check its properties, it says that its only taking 4.03gb of space. If i went to my computer, and checked its properties as an entire drive, as opposed to its folders, it says that its using 5.3 gb of space, and with 300mb of space only left.

Does anyone know what happened to the extra 1.3gb?

Just fyi, ive turned off system restore, theres no reserve space for recycle bin, page file is set to 2mb, and 4GB on my C drive, and hibernation is disabled. Help plz top men : )

dmirtygorachyov

03-30-2010

Bump

DonJuancho

03-30-2010

Try setting explorer to show hidden files / folders

dmirtygorachyov

03-30-2010

Did that, thanks for the response.

dmirtygorachyov

03-30-2010

Bump, still need help please.

dmirtygorachyov

03-31-2010

Bump : (

DonJuancho

03-31-2010

well, were there any "large" hidden files?

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

03-31-2010

Please try not to bump more than once a day.

There are a number of different components involved in your OS and it's management that take up space that aren't necessarily going to show up in files and folders. This can be things like reserve space for your recycle bin, reserve space for system restore, page file, drive space for the partition setup.