Low lvl ELO builds?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Screech79

03-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfantasyzeal View Post
Sounds like you guys are dying too much early game.

The advantage you have over a premade is COMMUNICATION. You should know where all 5 champions are at all times, and where they are heading. If somebody leaves your lane, tell your friends. By being map-aware, you guys will avoid feeding early game, and be more successful. Most noobs are too aggressive to get a kill, so the people you are playing seem to be taking advantage of that, probably baiting you guys into easy kills.

In addition, make sure they all have good item builds from the forum guides, or solomid.net or leaguecraft.com . Otherwise, you guys will be unlikely to be effective late game no matter what happens early on. Remember that some of the guides are geared for higher level play, and not necessarily the best for low-ELO players to use against low ELO competition.

All that being said, just remember that with the 5man ELO boost from premading, the guys you are playing against SHOULD ALL BE BETTER THAN YOU. So don't expect to beat any one of them, so you must use your communication skills and good team comp to make it through.

Also, it will help you if you designate one friend for a tank (Alistar,Shen... e.t.c) and one friend for a healer (Soraka, Kayle, Zilean... e.t.c). This will give you advantage in team fights that most pubs do not have at most levels of play.

wow thanks for the information. i had no idea parterning up with friends putu against high lvl players we really had no idea. makes me feel alot better though as although we have been losing we normaly dont lose in under 50 mins.

Thanks for all the advice so far guys its going to be such a help. i love this forum as there are so many helpful players reading it.

KirbyHero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screech79 View Post

Thanks for all the advice so far guys its going to be such a help. i love this subforum as there are so many helpful players reading it.
fixed, the people in GD are much crueler.

Add me in game if you want I enjoy teaching newbs the basics.

Cyrenic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2010

Here's my suggestion for a Low ELO/Low IP tryhard 5 man team:

Annie (solo mid, ganker)
Sivir (pusher, DPS)
Ashe (DPS carry, ganker)
Alistar (Tank)
Nunu (Tank, Support)

All of those champs are 450 or 1350 IP, and are pretty easy to play at a basic level.

If you're the strongest player and you're playing as annie, you should go solo mid and then gank the side lanes with stun/tibbers when you hit level 6. Coordinate your ganks over vent.

Sivir should get a Stark's Fervor, Alistar should get an Aegis of the Legion, and Nunu should level up blood boil quickly and keep it constantly on Sivir and Ashe.

Also, if you're having a hard time with your side lanes getting ganked, teach your friends how to not push the lane by not auto attacking and only "last hitting" creeps. This will keep the creep wave at your tower and keep your friends pretty safe. It will also allow you to gank easier once you hit 6. Last hitting/lane pushing might be a confusing concept if you're brand new to DotA type games, I can explain it in more detail if needed, just let me know.

Chai

03-30-2010

In Low ELOs, teamwork is almost non-existent. On top of that, there's pretty much a guarantee of a feeder on your team in 50% of your games.

I may occasionally go on a noob account to try out some random fun build or some new champion. Since then I've learned to carry regardless of who I'm playing, and try to stay away from champions that can't get kills (Soraka, Taric, etc).

That's pretty much all the advice that I can offer you. Everyone in the low ELO are pretty bad and don't have great insight on the game mechanics, so if you make mistakes, it's okay, just learn from it.

Geddyn

03-30-2010

As others have pointed out, communication is the key with premades. Without that communication, you might as well be solo-queueing.

I'll recommend something others haven't so far: Make use of the practice games option. Yes, I know the bots are terrible, but that's not the point. Practice games are a great way to work on communication and learning the ins-and-outs of how each champion works. Don't just bum-rush the towers and end the game as quickly as possible. Try to play the match as you would against other people (call out when the bots go missing, etc) and try to see if you can spot problems in the way your group operates. You might be recognize something your teammates are doing incorrectly (both players in a lane blue-pilling at the same time, etc) when you're playing in a low-stress environment where you're not getting rolled by the opposing team.