Low lvl ELO builds?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Screech79

03-29-2010

Hi everyone.

I have been reading alot of builds lately and it always comes to the same thing alot of the builds are high lvl ELo builds that expect u to have all the mastererys.

I have been playing for 2 weeks now and have gotten to lvl 13 i also have 4 other friends that play with me most nights who are all around lvl 6-8

We are all trying to work out what charcters we should be using to be effective but seeing as we lose every aranged game we make its clear we still need alot of practise.

So im wondering are there many guides out there that dont rely on masterys and runes to be effective?

How much difference does the gap in ELO actually make?

Thanks in advance

Azing

03-29-2010

Its all the same. You just won't have Masteries really. Only thing I can say is that if anything aim for the 9 point Mastery items. Magic Penetration effect in Offense should be a priority for most casters to get even though utility is the tree of focus. Most often though your points will likely be in offense since many of the effects at the start of the tier are very useful such as crit chance. Spell effects are also good investments if your going to have them since having not enough masteries to push in the good talents will leave many points left that spending in summoner spell talents won't hurt if they are up there on the list such as teleport.

Screech79

03-29-2010

Ic I guess the biggest thing is for the other low lvl charcters to unlock a champion that they can practise with. I myself brought the collectors edition so no such troubles there but its hard as a group of low lvl ELOs.

we use vent so that helps a bit

Original Ganker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-29-2010

low elo match's tend to take a lot longer then high elo match's. try to make sure your lanes have a mix of ranged and melee this will help a lot at the beginning. also why are you losing your arranged match's is it early deaths, getting out-levled, losing late game team fights

McCurry

03-29-2010

Get +5 gold items and play a stealth char. Stealth char are nub stompers

LittleBird

03-29-2010

If you like a champ and an opposing player completely destroys you with that same character, and if that player isn't a total ****** bag, ask them for some advice post-game.
It's helped me.

Screech79

03-29-2010

most of the time is is players on our team getting killed early

most of the players only have the free version of the game. this results in us latly one player playing Ashe the other Sivir (who they have unlocked with ip i think) and mondo and anyone else in this weeks lot.

I myself play annie and have got her pretty much down pact where i dont die and get 4+ kills.

we basicaly got done last night by Teemo, Rhyze, Warrick and fiddlesticks

I held fiddle sticks in center denyed him kills and we lvled about the same pace but the others got ganked by Rhyze and Warrick he then could not be stopped. at then end they were all lvs 12-13 with only myself 18 and the other team were 18 fully fed killing machines

the next game we had Rhyze again and he stomped them all again.

think we are 0 and 6 now hehe

I know we are all new but we are trying hard heh

Weretoad

03-29-2010

Another thing is don't be afraid to build some defensive items and try to counter what your enemy team is doing. Even if you're playing Annie and you want gobs and gobs of AP, use one item slot for something like a Banshee's Veil or Frozen Heart or something. Those defensive items aren't just for tanks, and one difference you'll likely see between high elo players and low elo players is that they don't necessarily build themselves to be glass cannons (and no, I'm definitely not high elo, lol).

Aarku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2010

When you team up with more then 1 friend you start getting put against lvl30s, I sometimes team with my mate and we still verse roughly the same lvl players (50/50 win/loss) but if I group with 2 or more friends we go against lvl30s and get slaughtered in record times.

finalfantasyzeal

03-29-2010

Sounds like you guys are dying too much early game.

The advantage you have over a premade is COMMUNICATION. You should know where all 5 champions are at all times, and where they are heading. If somebody leaves your lane, tell your friends. By being map-aware, you guys will avoid feeding early game, and be more successful. Most noobs are too aggressive to get a kill, so the people you are playing seem to be taking advantage of that, probably baiting you guys into easy kills.

In addition, make sure they all have good item builds from the forum guides, or solomid.net or leaguecraft.com . Otherwise, you guys will be unlikely to be effective late game no matter what happens early on. Remember that some of the guides are geared for higher level play, and not necessarily the best for low-ELO players to use against low ELO competition.

All that being said, just remember that with the 5man ELO boost from premading, the guys you are playing against SHOULD ALL BE BETTER THAN YOU. So don't expect to beat any one of them, so you must use your communication skills and good team comp to make it through.

Also, it will help you if you designate one friend for a tank (Alistar,Shen... e.t.c) and one friend for a healer (Soraka, Kayle, Zilean... e.t.c). This will give you advantage in team fights that most pubs do not have at most levels of play.