Change in-game settings in PvP.net

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WindScorpion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-11-2011

There really should be a way to change in-game settings outside of a game. Every time I change my settings in-game, my screen freezes for somewhere between 10 seconds and 3 minutes. If I could change outside of the game when I know it's going to be a problem (like when I'm running other programs), I could avoid that huge loss of in-game time.

Vaurnbarn

Platform Engineer

06-13-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Yeah I'd also like to see this.

Bojangles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-13-2011

You could also change in-game settings in custom games where you can leave without any interruptions prior to starting another!

Petercantropus

06-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkman View Post
You could also change in-game settings in custom games where you can leave without any interruptions prior to starting another!
Really? this is isnt the real solution to the problem. Should I spend 5-10minutes just to change a screen setting before starting a game?
This would hurt the schedule to a casual gamer that can only play a few games a week.

What If I have a monitor that incorrectly reports a high resolution, thus cant be changed while in-game.

Jimbolomeloyelo

06-14-2011

I totally agree that doing custom games to change settings is not a viable solution. It's like putting a band aid on a broken arm. Your little dinosaurs will look cool on you but it's still a pain in the ass.

TheFlyinHobo

12-21-2011

I know this is a necro, but I agree with the post and it is still valid for today!

ThumpedBunny

12-21-2011

i would like it if riot made it possible to leave game freely and let another player come in. the rank system in game may have to go to make it fair for new players who come in to be able to play like they have been in the whole time, but its do-able. and would mke gaming easyer on those who cant play for an hour. it would bring more players in and possibly convince them to buy RP. a new map wouldnt hurt either. maybe a village based one. the gold earned would be fine. but it would just be an overall cool mode if created.