How do I punish or pardon based on 1 game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Psybeerian

06-11-2011

Items

Score
0 3 0
Statistics
Champion: Garen
Champion Level: 4
Minions Killed: 5
Game Outcome: Loss
Total Damage Dealt per Second: 7
Total Damage Received per Second: 6
Time Played: 11 minutes
Reported Player Enemies Allies
Report Comments
Leaving the Game/AFK
Leaving the Game/AFK
Leaving the Game/AFK
Most Common Reason for Reporting Total Reports This Game Leaving the Game/AFK 0 allied, 3 enemy
Chat Log
REPORTED GAREN [All] [04:20:47]: uh oh.... lol
ENEMY PLAYER [All] [04:24:57]: gg

So do I punish for leaving because they obviously left? Do I give benefit of the doubt for a possible disco because it's one game? Do I just skip it?

I only have the 1 game for this case number with those two lines of chat...

Qari

06-11-2011

I'd punish. You can check their stats in the ingame client or on lolbase or something to elucidate the matter, but I'd punish. Riot said that one game cases are of people with other reports that didn't make it to tribunal because of lack of information.

Ohforfsake

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-11-2011

I actually just pardoned a guy who only had 1 case. He did leave the game, and was 1/7. But he had a couple teammates who were non-stop talking **** and generally being rude from the first minute of the game. Honestly I can't really blame the guy for leaving.

Psybeerian

06-11-2011

I guess my issue in this case is that I don't know whether this is the guy's first leave or 50th leave... I don't get that information. I also don't know if the other players on his team are even there or if they left before him. They don't talk and I don't get a look at the after game lobby to see who has a big LEAVER sign beside them...

If his two allies already left and then he leaves I can't really justify punishing him.

RBeckham

06-12-2011

A leave is a leave. The severity of the penalty is for Riot to decide.

GG ResidentChief

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-12-2011

I'd skip, I don't know if the uh oh is a lag spike causing him to dc or uh oh i've fed and im qq'ing!

Kaylya

06-12-2011

I don't think it's worth punishing a small number of leaves when there is nothing in chat to indicate it was intentional. In this case the "Uh oh" is maybe indicative of intent but really hard to say for sure. I pardoned someone today who had about 3 reports for leaving with nothing said by the person in chat, and then one other report for offensive language that seemed baseless. Riot does have some automated systems for detecting patterns of afking/leaving.

I did get a case today where there was just 1 game, but it was clear cut leaving combined with some somewhat offensive/insulting language so I punished. After complaining about his teammates early on he was quiet for a long time before saying "Back for IP!".

The Blue Player

06-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qari View Post
I'd punish. You can check their stats in the ingame client or on lolbase or something to elucidate the matter, but I'd punish. Riot said that one game cases are of people with other reports that didn't make it to tribunal because of lack of information.
Do you have a link to this?

Qari

06-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blue Player View Post
Do you have a link to this?
Google mother****er, do you use it?

http://www.lolbase.net/us/Qari

Sorry just always wanted to do that. It looks like lolbase isn't as informational as it used to be.

The Blue Player

06-12-2011

Haha, sorry I knew about lolbase, I should have been more clear - I meant the link to the riot comment on the 1-report cases.