Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

100 minions in 14 minues

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zékent

06-11-2011

As long as it's a fairly even champion matchup, 100 creeps in 14 minutes is completely reasonable. It is possible to do it faster, but it's a decent baseline value; obviously more is better though. =)

-Zekent

J4w07FG6d2Ql2K3Z

06-11-2011

Mhm i always wondered, i'm in low ELO, around 1400. It is IMPOSSIBLE to get such an amount in 14 minutes. I've watched high ELO streams and the early game consists mostly of both sides last hitting with a gank or two and minimal harras. At my ELO range people value harrasing the opponent more than killing creeps. I see it as impossible to reach such an amount when you get harrased alot ;o, any tips?

Munzta1

06-11-2011

Quote:
Swift15:
Mhm i always wondered, i'm in low ELO, around 1400. It is IMPOSSIBLE to get such an amount in 14 minutes. I've watched high ELO streams and the early game consists mostly of both sides last hitting with a gank or two and minimal harras. At my ELO range people value harrasing the opponent more than killing creeps. I see it as impossible to reach such an amount when you get harrased alot ;o, any tips?

play master yi, farm while you harass

CooLTanG

Recruiter

06-11-2011

its like 10-15 minions killed to equal a solo kill (300g), so that's why u see high elo last hitting over forcing a champ kill.

Aesynil

06-11-2011

Yeah, if they're over-extending to harass you, punish them for it, drive them out of the lane, and nom nom the experience for yourself. Or, get zoned out yourself, and twiddle thumbs at your tower.

Remember the trick for killing minions under tower fire, though. It's..umm..Melee minions two tower hits then an auto-attack, or for caster minions, one auto-attack, one tower hit, then one auto-attack, yes? Just time siege minions right. If you're getting held on the tower, call for a gank, and reclaim lane control.

Frosty716

06-12-2011

107 in ten minutes

Atropos

06-12-2011

100 by 12 or 11 is a better average. It's possible to do it by 10, but not very likely

Samurus

06-12-2011

Quote:
Swift15:

this is just theoretical ... to explain that low rating problem:
imagine you play some equal lanes... like both play ashe
ashe basially only autohits and can harass/push with volley
you win your lane if you just hug your own creeps(to not get volleyed) and countershot/kyte enemys ashe if she dives you in your creepwave.
in case she attacks your first then 3-4ranged minions will shoot her once+you countershoot and kyte her
-> you lost 50hp she lost like 80hp
defensive play will make you able to still farm at last 80% of the amount that u would be able to farm without harassing. just dont go for kill just keep harassing if she does and try to get 100% lasthits

the point is... if you dont push your lane(what you do with harassing) then you will not get ganked so easily but the enemy is gankable. if he harasses you in bad position(while tanking creeps) he will loose his lane to farm or to gank...
u should learn how to hold creeps out of your tower range or just ignore it if you can 100% farm at your tower (like warwick or some others can at least do 80% or so)

dont play champions that cannot farm/push easily... or u will propably not learn it well.

ONEmortal

06-12-2011

It is very possible, but difficult. You have to establish more than just good timed last hits. You need to completely dominate your lane and almost exclusively need to be soloing as well. If you are in a lane with someone else most likely you will not see these kinds of numbers unless you guys really utilize zoning and harassment to control the situation.

That being said, once you have your lane dominated it is very easy to reach these numbers. The key here is control. Controlling your lane requires last hitting, harassment, zoning, and of course you need to have experience on the movement of the battle line. If your enemy is using abilities to push you back then you need to judge how much force you have to apply to keep the creep line in an optimal spot for yourself. If they aren't, then you too need to work on keeping the creep line at the area you want it. Creep lines that reach your tower reduces your farming drastically. It is difficult to last hit every minion with your minions and a turret shooting at them. You can also use the creep aggro to your advantage by pulling the line to a position better for you. This allows you to safely farm while your enemy is forced to lane on your terms. Helps with ganks too if you keep the line closer to your safety zone.

If minions do reach your turret, hit each ranged minion once, and in the best case scenario your turret will shoot it and leave a sliver of health leftover for you to net the last hit. If you don't hit them once before the turret does, you will require 2 hits after the turret shot and unless you can attack faster than lightning at those low levels you will be losing gold.

strains

06-12-2011

Quote:
NotProEnough:
I just read on another site that the "pros" of this game get about 100 minion kills in 14 minutes. Is this true/what I should be aiming for?

Imo, 100 by 15 minutes is the average solo mid lane in higher elo games. This is mainly because higher elo games people play a lot more passive and like to maintain a "non-messy" game where as lower elo games people like to play more aggressive to get fed and carry their team. In higher elo the game literally becomes more team-based rather than, "oh i am mid i will carry this game and get fed". To wrap it all up, 100 in 15 minutes is average give and take ganks and team play (such as dragon, buying items, counter jungle, and the occassional fights.).