Orianna Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BkRTerroR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2011

Thanks!

Zeikei

06-14-2011

OH HAI I AM LEVEL 6 NOO PLAYUR TO LOOL. I REED THIS GUIDE AND WENT 20-4!!!11!!1one1!

Basically, I'm bumping your guide again. BUT in order to have relevance, I will say...

Clarity is a pretty bad skill IMO but many are tempted to use it... that's why there is a Archangel Staff.. hmmmm... oh and if you just want to buy an item but don't have enough gold for a full item, chances are, you could use a Blasting Wand in one of the many items you can build, since heck, its only 860 gold.

Runeys

06-15-2011

First of all thanks to everyone for the positive comments (tho only like what 8 comments from 2k views is somehwat low xD.. not complaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeikei View Post
OH HAI I AM LEVEL 6 NOO PLAYUR TO LOOL. I REED THIS GUIDE AND WENT 20-4!!!11!!1one1!

Basically, I'm bumping your guide again. BUT in order to have relevance, I will say...

Clarity is a pretty bad skill IMO but many are tempted to use it... that's why there is a Archangel Staff.. hmmmm... oh and if you just want to buy an item but don't have enough gold for a full item, chances are, you could use a Blasting Wand in one of the many items you can build, since heck, its only 860 gold.
Yeah i have plans to overhaul the Spells section, with pictures and more indepth explanation per spell, but I'm currently restricted by school etc

On the other hand a lot of people grab clarity, not just for themselves but also for other temmates that rely heavily on mana, other people might grab it instead of archangel cause they don't like it for whatever reason :P Personally i find Clarity is good early game but looses a lot of its oomph later on.

Zeikei

06-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runeys View Post
First of all thanks to everyone for the positive comments (tho only like what 8 comments from 2k views is somehwat low xD.. not complaining

Yeah i have plans to overhaul the Spells section, with pictures and more indepth explanation per spell, but I'm currently restricted by school etc

On the other hand a lot of people grab clarity, not just for themselves but also for other temmates that rely heavily on mana, other people might grab it instead of archangel cause they don't like it for whatever reason :P Personally i find Clarity is good early game but looses a lot of its oomph later on.
Yeah I'm in school too, so pretty busy with finals and such, but this week is Orianna free week and I see one every other game, so I'll take some notes, see what people do, and perhaps look into other little things they do... I haven't been playing her too often lately, but I'll post anything useful I find.

Thegilaboy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-15-2011

Fantastic guide, can't wait to try out some of your tips tonight! Thanks again

Rajaon

06-18-2011

+1 on this guide, it's really nice and very helpful. In order to add to it i just want to throw in some general comments. A lot of debate goes on about maxing Q or W first on orianna. the argument is that W does more consistent damage early on. Whenever i hear this i smack my head thinking those noobs are trying to poke a champion with Q who's at the back of his minion line! The damage between Q and W is not that different (i think W has 10/20/30/40/50 more base damage at each lvl) however if you shoot through a minion wave to poke a champion, the damage on Q is awful. I find Q is a lot more reliable and better to have on low CD than W. Moral of the story : Max Q and get a better angle and shoot directly at the enemy champ...not through the minions.

BUHHHHHHHHHHHHH

06-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajaon View Post
+1 on this guide, it's really nice and very helpful. In order to add to it i just want to throw in some general comments. A lot of debate goes on about maxing Q or W first on orianna. the argument is that W does more consistent damage early on. Whenever i hear this i smack my head thinking those noobs are trying to poke a champion with Q who's at the back of his minion line! The damage between Q and W is not that different (i think W has 10/20/30/40/50 more base damage at each lvl) however if you shoot through a minion wave to poke a champion, the damage on Q is awful. I find Q is a lot more reliable and better to have on low CD than W. Moral of the story : Max Q and get a better angle and shoot directly at the enemy champ...not through the minions.
I don't know if this was mentioned in the guide, tl;dr to be honest since I don't play Orianna. But, you have a relevant point about how Q is awful when you need to shoot through waves of creeps. The best thing I've seen is an Orianna who can keep the ball behind enemy creeps so that it has free roam against ranged champs (and this is only for ranged champs). Once it's behind the creep line, zone them out by using Q (the zoning part of the guide should be more specific / include this). You're far enough that you should be able to last hit safely, but at the same time you can bash the ranged around with the ball behind their ranged creeps no problem. Looking for an angle that is direct is nearly impossible against someone who has position awareness playing ranged.

Once again, only talking Orianna vs. ranged here. Naturally, any melee would get smacked around 1v1 against a ranged.

dovvntempo

06-19-2011

some great points being raised here. Just played a game with her and went full support and have to say the better you get with her the more amazingly fun she is. She feels like a better, longer ranged karma with loads of cc. just my 2 cents.

Runeys

06-20-2011

Will edit it either today or tommorow depending on how much i have left to study... argh hate exams T_T to include the above points but as to either Q or W ill give a short explanation based on my choices.

W > Q, but the mana cost for W > Q, especially in lower levels the difference in mana cost is really noticable.
So in any situation where you have more then enough mana AND can consistently hit the enemey champion with Q and W, then you should level up W first, however i find that the mana cost is too high, if you only use it for harassing damage, and as was stated above Q's damage gets reduced by a lot if it goes through the minion wave first, so keeping The Ball behind enemy lines and harassing Q more mana/damage efficient then W is.
On the other hand if you plan on using your W's slow to get an early kill it can really pay off to get W up first for the extra damage and the slow, the downside to this is that you have to know how to time your skills effectively for the maximum damage output (including the truckload from your passive you can now hit because of the slow)... so there's really great options going both ways.

KimHyoyeon

06-20-2011

It's a solid guide for what seems like sidelane, but most people have learned to focus a good AP Orianna.

If you can get middle lane, forget all those items and consider a Deathcap -> Rylai's -> Frozen Heart -> And any MR item (Abyssal/Banshee's/Or Force of Nature)

All the killing power you need with the ability to walk away after fights.