Urgot in Ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

One Russian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-18-2011

Hi guys!

I main Jungle Nocturne and have gotten fairly good with him. However I decided I needed something new and challenging.

I bought Urgot and greatly enjoy his gameplay, and am getting better with him.

Question is how viable is he in ranked? I never see him get chosen.

Also any tips & tricks from some of you expert Urgot players out there will be appreciated.

Thanks!

meneroth2

08-18-2011

He's a counter pick to strong mid heroes. Enemy team takes Leblanc or one of those types and you counter pick urgot and harass the **** out of her. He falls off a bit late game though so it's often better to build him as an off tank like irelia or jarvan rather than a straight dps.

One Russian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-18-2011

Yeah I usually get 2 defensive items on him. I've been able to out lane everytime I play him. Last game I was mid against Trist, I got to level 9 and the turret before she hit level 6

One Russian

08-19-2011

Bump.

Question still remains, is he worth it in ranked?

Thaseus

08-19-2011

He isnt someone you want to always play in ranked, hes a great counter champ with his early harrass and durability, like meneroth said he's a great counter to specific nukes like leblanc and kass as you can eat there initial damage with your shield, if you see an anivia though he's not worth playing as urgots slow movespeed allows a decent anivia to harrass easily and last hit with no problems, vlad can be a huge problem for urgot as well. He's strictly situational, he's great against champs like ashe/trist/mf as his early game damage is insane. God range on locked targets makes him fun as well, but if your looking for a champ to get good with that you can always play in ranked urgot is not one of them.

OmniOblivion

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkognito777 View Post
Hi guys!

I main Jungle Nocturne and have gotten fairly good with him. However I decided I needed something new and challenging.

I bought Urgot and greatly enjoy his gameplay, and am getting better with him.

Question is how viable is he in ranked? I never see him get chosen.

Also any tips & tricks from some of you expert Urgot players out there will be appreciated.

Thanks!
Urgot is my best AD range. Let's see what I have here.

The idea of Urgot is to punish for their mistakes. And he performs this task extremely well. You want to be passive until they make a mistake, and when they do, expect Urgot to shine.

Why I say this? Is how he works:

Urgot's passive reduces damage on his target for a short period. This means it's harder for them to counterdamage you and works even better if you build even a little durability on Urgot. I will stress how much counterstriking is throughout this post.

His Acid Hunter is a skill shot. Good positioning ALONE can give you great zoning with it . And it also applies his passive. Harder for them to strike back.

Terror Capacitator is his kiting tool. He can block a flat amount of damage, giving him better durability. And if you can manage to keep the shield alive, you can slow with your autoattacks and your Acid Hunter, making it difficult for opponents to run away or catch up to you. Once again, harder for them to strike back.

Noxious Charge is how you will connect Acid Hunter easily. Once you hit an enemy champion with it, you want to be extremely aggressive (but also careful not to get baited). 3 shots with no CDR can leave an opponent zoned out for long periods of the game. Again, strike back, zilch.

And his Ultimate, is what connects all these 3 abilities together. Offensively, you use your ultimate to setup yourself or your team for countless kills. Defensively, you can use it to kite opponents or even get away from ganks. It grants him temporary (but INSANE) durability.

Urgot is a true pub stomper. He gains strength from even the smallest mistakes. He's one of the champions I use on lower ELOs.

One Russian

08-19-2011

Thanks for your replys guys. I figured as much. I'm stuck at 1150 elo and trying to work my way up. I'm guessing he'll be viable up until 1300 and then team composition becomes much more important?

I guess once server is back up I will give him a shot in ranked.

Thanks again.

P.S. If anyone wants to duo queue with me feel free to add me in game.

SuperSmashSister

08-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkognito777 View Post
Bump.

Question still remains, is he worth it in ranked?
low elo, yes... the higher you get the harder it is to annihilate mid. if he isnt mid or in a solo then dont play him.