Help me fix this lag!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SkynJay

03-29-2010

Please. I have played this game for close to 300 games. I am playing on the same computer as I have the whole time, and it is used for very little else. Using same internet provider. I played this game almost lag free for about 200+ of these games.

For last three patches ive started having major spikes during team fights. I dont know if its on my side or servers.

If it is on my side i dont know if its connection or processor struggling with graphics.

Here is what i know.

-I am usually among the quickest to load.
-This computer more than meats the requirements of the game.

Can anyone point out ways to improve my preformence on this game?

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

03-29-2010

These are two completely separate problems.

Video Lag, generally referred to as low FPS is caused by your computer not being able to handle the level of graphics processing required. This can cause your frame rate to chug which makes it look like you're watching a slow movie. This is generally resolved by updating drivers, playing with the FPS presets, lower settings or upgrading hardware.

Lag, in the traditional sense is a component of high latency. This means your internet connection is having one of any number of issues that is causing your connection to function incorrectly. Common symptoms here include regular intervals of delays, freezing and then updating many actions at one time, and actions that don't register or register late. This is generally resolved by reviewing your internet connection for blockages, issues, playing on off peak times, or managing your connection.

To get a better idea where you're coming from, it would help if you could post your netlog and a netalyzr result.

SkynJay

03-30-2010

How do i post a netlog and netalyzr? I do want to fix this.

I have found lolclient.log. Is that the right item?

Broadshoulderz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2010

If its not FPS lag then is your internet provider comcast? They have been having some pretty epic internet problems since Thursday i believe. Really dumb they cannot fix it.

Zack Skyy

03-30-2010

I'm pretty sure I'm having the same issue, at least FPS wise. There are two threads that tell you about logs, and how to post them, they are:

http://kb.leagueoflegends.com/questi...o+a+Forum+Post
and
http://kb.leagueoflegends.com/questi...on+of+LoL+Logs
As it is I'm still waiting on a response to my thread as well, I can't believe I'm missing out on the TT release.