'AP twisted fate even viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lxxReDxxl

06-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PStrello View Post
AP TF really is the best build for him
he has low cds and good raitios.
TF has no steriod except his E which only gives 15% AS at max lvl

Nocturnes W gives 20% AT lvl 1
All other ranged AD carries outdamage him.
Completly Wrong, but you are correct thats why I build him Hybrid.

XTreeX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-10-2011

hybrid doesnt really get the best of both worlds.......just decreases the ability on both siedes......
if your going ap i say go full out ap....

Shamanb

06-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTreeX View Post
ok so ive started playing ap twisted fate and since i was not having much impact on games i was wondering if this build was even viable xD
if so what is AP twisted fates main role?
ganking and pushing is all ive come up with.

thnx
AP TF is the best way to play him imo. By far.

Pushes lane faster, more burst dmg for ganks.

XTreeX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-10-2011

when i mid should i get someone to cover my lane?

Kikhan

06-10-2011

You should run TP as well so you can get back to lane as soon as your gank is over.

Really AP or AD discussion is less important then learning when and how to use destiny. Destiny is game breaking since if your teammates are competent can turn most fights against your opponents by making them undermanned. It takes a lot of practice and eventual skill to carry; by learning when to and placement of Destiny.

MorikTheMad

06-10-2011

How to do well with AP twisted fate:
- Lvl wild cards whenever possible, except for lvl 1. So lvl order: W, Q, Q, E, then Q whenever possible, E otherwise for a bit more burst, or W if you prefer a bit longer stun early... the extra damage doesn't scale as well as the extra damage to E though, which also has the added benefit of lowering cooldowns and increasing your attack speed (not that you should be autoattacking very often...)

- Don't harrass with wild cards until it is at least lvl 2--just a waste of mana

- Try to zone your lane once wild cards hits lvl 2. Keep poking your opponents, you have a longer range than any other non-ult ability.

- Make sure to last hit all you can. Basically, use blue cards to last hit in between throwing wild cards at your opponent. You will need the money, and it keeps your mana up.

- I tend to start with a sapphire to make sure I have enough mana to stay in lane til 6, along with a couple healing potions. Once you hit 6, recall, get as much of sheen as you can (best if you can afford the rest of it--860), get boots if you can afford them (or stay a bit longer in lane if very close). Then gank with destiny. (If you are pretty sure there will be no opportunities soon, just destiny back to your lane, unless you have teleport)

- DO NOT try to solo gank enemies which are not pretty dead already. You are very squishy, and if your burst fails to kill them, you are pretty screwed. Best bet is to try to gold card and run.

- Sheen -> sorc boots -> rabadons -> lich bane is a pretty powerful build, but requires a lot of farm. If you can't farm that fast, get something cheaper instead of rabadons. (Not really worth building lich bane before you get your AP up a bit)

- During team fights, stay back and poke with wild cards, run in when W is off CD to gold or red card (red if you can hit a bunch of enemies). If not fighting near enemy turrets, nice to have destiny off CD, so that if your team wins and the enemy tries to retreat, you can cut them off.

kingkingmid

07-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLE R3D View Post
Completly Wrong, but you are correct thats why I build him Hybrid.
Lol what?