@Riot: Slow down creation of Champions, more maps!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dunsparcer

06-08-2011

For awhile, you guys have been spewing/throwing out new champions in quick succession. I believe that new champions should be slowed down so they could settle with players into the gameplay. You guys should concentrate on creating diverse maps that could further enhance the variety and battling strategy in LoL.

I've brainstormed several concepts of maps if you'd take them under consideration.

1. Jungle Map: Medium-sized. 3v3 or 5v5. Nexus of both teams are across from one another. There are no proper "lanes". Twisted, dense forests, with heavily spread tall-grass. Jungle creeps are located everywhere.

2. Mountain Map: Large-sized. 4v4. Nexus of both teams are diagonal from one another. There is a giant impassable mountain in the center of the map with two lanes that pass through it to each Nexus. The mountain acts as a menacing antagonist for both teams, sometimes causing environmental havoc. Boulders could sometimes tumble off the mountain, damaging Champions and minions and the Mountain could possible even be a volcano, erupting every now and then to disrupt basic gameplay. This map could possibly add more spice to basic battling in LoL.

3. One-lane Map: Small-sized. 5v5. Nexus of both teams are across from one another. Many players already play a version of a one-lane game in a custom set of rules known as ARAM. Thin layers of trees and alternative pathways w/ some creeps line the sides of the lane.

Emperor Bizarro

06-08-2011

5v5v5v5 King of the Hill.
Same size map as current 5v5.

Each Team is located at the corners with a standard base layout, Except there are only 4 lanes connecting the bases to a Circular platform in the center of the map.

Teams must occupy This Structure which has no towers, The Fortress Tower does however spawn Minions as do the Nexus Bases.
It should be circular and have walls Also Gates so when a Team captures it the Gates close for 30 seconds not allowing entry not even via movement abilities all wards are also destroyed and regenerating the Capturing team and allowing them to Shop.

The Occupying force is then allowed to traverse the lanes of enemy teams destroying their towers and nexus eliminating them from the game.
However teams must keep atleast one Player in the city to hold it.

The rest of the map is a massive Jungle with all creatures even new ones.

3v3v3
This map should be very large.

Bases in a triangle formation.
In the Center is a huge Labyrinth there should be roaming monsters in here.. im talking on the level of dragon hard think the Minotaur or boss monsters so its meant to be highly dangerous .

Fog of war would be quite interesting inside there perhaps even scary hah.

Outside there is the Jungle and the Standard lanes Connecting each of the bases.
There should be 2 Lanes each.

Would just like to know why its here but lol I suppose it is on the HUD when your creating a custom game haha.

XavierTheTitan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2011

guys just wait for season 2. new maps then... i hate when people complain about this.

DaejinTye

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierTheTitan View Post
guys just wait for season 2. new maps then... i hate when people complain about this.
Speakin' of which when is Season 2... *Goes to try and find out.*

Mansley

06-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierTheTitan View Post
Complaining? Are you dense? All I see here is good suggestions on how riot could make lol much more enjoyable and diverse.

TaE Imbuement

06-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansley View Post
Complaining? Are you dense? All I see here is good suggestions on how riot could make lol much more enjoyable and diverse.
It is complaining when it's worded that way. Anyone can acknowledge the suggestions for improvement in this but the tone sucks. This stuff is in the summoners code. It helps when people take the time to read it.

Wreckem

06-15-2011

New maps? That would mean riot would lose money on 6300 sales!

But serious note. Make more maps. The single lane 5v5 has been long awaited. Take the ashe tutorial map. Problem solved.

Tha Steelman

06-15-2011

The whole "wait for season 2" thing is a lie. The real facts, from an actual press release: the new map(s) will be delayed until the update of the graphics engine since it would be a waste to develop a map for both engines when it would only be used by the earlier one for a little while. Whether or not that will happen at the season switch is anyone's guess at this point.

Also, obligatory: "don't tell champion people to make maps, that's like telling a chef to get out of the kitchen and build you a rocket."

I like the discussion here though. The mountain map sounds flippin' awesome, environmental hazards would be intense. The main problem I have is: in a XvXvX or a XvXvXvX or however many teams you suggest, what does Karthus do? I mean, I'm just asking because if Requiem hits all 15 enemy champions that would be so OP it wouldn't even be funny.

Nemezote

06-15-2011

Riot likes money.

Riot doesent care about the thinking minority who wants the game to improve (More maps, replays, etc).

Riot cares for the people who will buy champ after champ after champ just cause its " the new guy" and they want to feel cool.

Can someone blame them for that? Not really, they are hard working people and they have mouths to feed.

Can someone say that the game wouldnt improve if someone took his eyes out of the money for a few seconds and gave the best from the bottom of his soul without being hindered by the shadow of money? That we cannot.

Its their move really.

DSkittlez

06-16-2011

while it does sound RLY cool at first thought i just dont see how multiple teams would work in this type of game. and as mentioned karthus' ult would just earn a decakill + after a full team fight has commenced and ppl begin to die down n he'd be on every team or premabanned.

again thinking about how HECTIC things can get when u find 1 fool running through the jungle and your team ganks him only to be ganked by another team who also warded( which would be KEY with SO MANY teams) the area. then the rest of the players make their way to said area and man i can see a lot of ppl laughing at some of the action and enjoying them selves However wat about ppl who play a champ that is quick to get focused like yi, xin, ashe, heim etc etc.... and u r knee deep in a fight only to be PERMASTUNNED by say mumu, sion, noc, panth,lux, malz, xin, malph(yes they dnt all have STUNS but hard cc to stop ur actions/movement) etc

umm if there is some type of BIG open space for all teams to meet and enjoy a hardcore showdown.....whos onna be the first fool to initiate that fight as the first thought in ur mind is there are about 15 ppl that will target me if i take another step forward

how do u keep tract of eve, twitch, shaco when they can constantly go invis n u are trying to keep track of up to 15 other players( a bg prob i can see in the long run)

and the BIGGEST issue of all.........WHAT ABOUT THE LAG!!!! soon as ppl die theyd be quick to say "so lucky i lagged there"- er wait nvm this they already say that lol

anyway as for te multiple teams of 3s Maybe they would be able to pull off 3v3v3 teams but i have zero knowledge on the matter

only other issue i can se with multiple teams is the WINNING condition. it deff could NOT be first team to destroy any other teams nexus wins cuz if my team has 2 ppl about to win but they att slow then a xin flashes in with his 2.3 AS n last hits nexus -.- > but on the other hand if its last man standing what if u have to wait after ur teams nexus is destroyed for the other teams to lose theirs as well. will u rly want to lose out on more game time once u lost

tho it would be interesting to see the laneing phase of a multi team map

and 1 last downside if i get off to a good start and pick up a few early kills and get fed am i now king of this match permanently while every1 is laning still or now that 15 other ppl know im on a streak will all come for my bounty but i am fed n have better items so the first fed who try only feed me more before i Finally die did those whotried solve the prob or just make it worse by giving me 2-3 more kills

anyway lets get more possible ideas for multiple 3s as i said 5s just dont seem very likely no matter how cool it could be but again its 2 am here and this is some of what came to mind on the matter..