Whats the point of tryndamere?

1234567 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Excession

03-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaz3king View Post
The only thing i ever see tryndamere use his ult for is running away cause he gets his but kicked.
during his ult, if people dont attack him, he lifesteals half of his hp by the times its over, if they do, your team is free to rape them. hes not nerfed to hell, but yes, he is very difficult to play

Brontobeuf

03-28-2010

I don't see him played anymore. It means that either he suxx or he's *very* hard to play with.
It was a time when he was in all games, and destroying everyone... but it was few months ago.

He needs a buff.

Mighty Sandwich

03-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsevrah View Post
He doesn't suck, he's just hard to play
I always see people defending Tryndamere use this excuse and it doesn't hold up. Tryndamere is no harder to play than any other melee carry - your role is to deal damage, and to deal damage you get in close and right-click your enemy to death.

The reason Tryndamere is bad right now is that he's utterly incapable of fulfilling that role. He's severely gimped in having to rely on crits to deal the bulk of his damage and the one ability he has that gives him crit. chance needs him to be critically low on health for it to have any major impact.

Therefore, he has to farm up the gold to grab the items he needs to even work, and therein lies an even bigger problem - he is easily shut down from farming. Tryndamere has next to no harassment potential, is melee, and takes a lot of damage early. This delays his development to the point of uselessness. Tryndamere has so many hard counters in the laning phase it's sad. Truly sad.

Tryndamere used to be great, even without Cleanse, primarily because Q gave him crit. chance instead of crit. damage, allowing him to snowball with a lot of minions around or pop his Ult and become a truly fearsome glass cannon. With all of his combined nerfs he's lost almost all of his usefulness. His damage potential is still very much there but it's locked down by his awfulness.

Blaz3king

03-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Sandwich View Post
I always see people defending Tryndamere use this excuse and it doesn't hold up. Tryndamere is no harder to play than any other melee carry - your role is to deal damage, and to deal damage you get in close and right-click your enemy to death.

The reason Tryndamere is bad right now is that he's utterly incapable of fulfilling that role. He's severely gimped in having to rely on crits to deal the bulk of his damage and the one ability he has that gives him crit. chance needs him to be critically low on health for it to have any major impact.

Therefore, he has to farm up the gold to grab the items he needs to even work, and therein lies an even bigger problem - he is easily shut down from farming. Tryndamere has next to no harassment potential, is melee, and takes a lot of damage early. This delays his development to the point of uselessness. Tryndamere has so many hard counters in the laning phase it's sad. Truly sad.

Tryndamere used to be great, even without Cleanse, primarily because Q gave him crit. chance instead of crit. damage, allowing him to snowball with a lot of minions around or pop his Ult and become a truly fearsome glass cannon. With all of his combined nerfs he's lost almost all of his usefulness. His damage potential is still very much there but it's locked down by his awfulness.
Ty for explaining it better than i have so far.

KOZZAK

03-28-2010

As someone who plays tryndamere almost exclusively, I have to say that yeah, he is difficult to get used to. A lot of times his ult is used as he runs away. And yeah, if you don't have a good partner with you, or play against people who know what they are doing, you end up playing a lot of catch up during mid-game. Most of my usefulness as tryndamere is a well placed mocking shout to do a mass slow(the slow is impressive). He needs a buff next patch. He doesn't need a total overhaul though, just a couple of adjustments, and he will be perfectly viable as a hero...

Blaz3king

03-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOZZAK View Post
As someone who plays tryndamere almost exclusively, I have to say that yeah, he is difficult to get used to. A lot of times his ult is used as he runs away. And yeah, if you don't have a good partner with you, or play against people who know what they are doing, you end up playing a lot of catch up during mid-game. Most of my usefulness as tryndamere is a well placed mocking shout to do a mass slow(the slow is impressive). He needs a buff next patch. He doesn't need a total overhaul though, just a couple of adjustments, and he will be perfectly viable as a hero...

Agreed , they need to make him so he dosent have to rely on critz. Thats what really makes him bad.

Splits

03-28-2010

He is pretty weak now, but back in the day, i scored 681 kills in 24 games. still the highest with any character per game that i've played. Now there are much better options. Tryndamere is the only toon who could kill an entire team by himself rather easily post mid-game, and also solo the baron with full bloodthirster stacks at 18.

MapNinja

03-28-2010

I've tried my hardest to do well with tryn, i can do well with many other characters, but despite my best efforts, and him being my 2nd most played, i dont do well compared to others. I'm sort of theroizing that it's my computer, and latency, holding me back. Other champions are much less effected by it than him possibly. I cant prove this, but if thats not it, then tryn is seriously just a weak character. I've never played jax or yi.

DonRamon

03-31-2010

Wow, I can't believe that I am actually reading this thread. lvl 18 with tryn I two no more than 3 shot people. I have a ss of me killing an entire team by myself on rift. I went 34-0-6 that game. The last game I played last night I got a triple kill solo on TT. I'm glad very few people know how to use him. When you see me playing in game bring your jax or whoever and I will watch you cry!!!

@ Map. Yes, latency is a big deal with him as I just moved and have a **** connection and now he is much harder to play. As for people who turn on ult and then run... lol... You have such a high crit chance by the time ur hp drops to zero...

Galtath

03-31-2010

tbh, i'd remake him into a tank >.>

he has intiation, a mass slow, a heal, and a ult that doesnt allow him to die for SIX SECONDS.

he could easily farm a warmogs too, so he could tank, grab a merc treads, a aegis and probably a starks.

i think it would work well tbh.

but ofcourse, im not high ELO and if you wanted a GOOD tank you'd pick rammass or alistar

1234567 ... 12