Whats the point of tryndamere?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voidgolem

04-07-2010

You'd be better off with items that'd outright help you endgame or can be upgraded to such (Zeal, for example)

*shrug*

xethik

04-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidgolem View Post
You'd be better off with items that'd outright help you endgame or can be upgraded to such (Zeal, for example)

*shrug*
One of the builds I go is getting two zeals right off the bat and then going Infinity Edge. However, Avarice Blades are nice too as they help out a tiny bit more getting there. I don't like straight rushing Infinity Edge, though.

Ligr

04-07-2010

Tryndamere used to be godlike in the days when cleanse gave you CC immunity AND his spinning skill had a bigger range AND his Q was better. Now he has been nerfed quite a bit. He is still a pretty nice character, but he definetely needs some lovin' from the devs.

Dodd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-07-2010

Tryndamere is a distraction. That's all he does.

Encoding

04-07-2010

Tryndamere is far from useless in TT. Even early game, I rush a Berserker's Greaves first then Zeal and straight to IE. I average 8 kills per 20 minute game and end with less than 2 deaths. The ability to Spin up walls and attack people when they think they're safe.

Then again, a lot has to be credited to my team. This is all in pubs, but I keep getting games with Shen, a stealth (Shaco or Eve) and then myself. One person will run out and try to finish me, I pop my ult and my team messes them up while I heal and run away with my tail between my legs. "Lolderpderp run away" yeah, but the greedy mofo just died, and a kill went to the other carry. I'm fine with that.

BoogiepopPhantom

04-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xethik View Post
It increases your critical strike chance and you can resell them. Avarice Blades are a very good investment for a character like Tryndamere who needs a lot of gold to shine.
Yes and no.

Critical strike is very good on him, so averace blades are always going to be at least decent. But for about the same price as an averace blade you can get a cloak of agility which gives 6% more critical strike, and is part of an item you plan to upgrade to (IE and phantom dancer) You can't upgrade the averace blades at all.

Getting any of the gold per 5 sec items is generally trading off your early/mid game to help get to late game. Tryndamere already has problems early game, so nerfing his early game by purchasing items that are less gold efficient can be very bad on him.

Eventually those blades will make you some money, but you will be doing less damage (and creaping and killing less) until that happens. Avarice blades costs 750 and will pay for itself in 25 minutes. When you sell it you lose half the gold you paid for it, so you need to keep it for at least 12.5 minutes to break even on selling it. Keep in mind that during these 12.5 minutes you are doing less damage than you would if you had bought an Agility cloak, and therefore you are getting on average less gold from creeping and hero kills.

Also if you get the agility cloaks instead of the averace blades you are already one item closer to your phantom dancer or IE. An avarice blade takes 30 minutes to get you 880 gold closer to a phantom dancer, but an agility cloak does it instantly (cause its part of the recipe)

Gorstog

04-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplz View Post
6 sec invincibility, 'nuff said.

No its not a 6 second invuln. As soon as you hit the ulti (if you can) the timer starts. If you don't actually die the ulti did nothing. If you die 3 seconds after hitting the button then you get 3 seconds of invuln. Any stun, silence,fear, taunt can prevent you from using your ulti.

This ulti REALLy needs to be tweaked. It should be Cast with a 5 second count down and "IF" you die then the ulti triggers. This way you would at least get to use the ****ing thing half the time.

xDiamantx

04-17-2010

I do pretty good with Tryn, his main weakness are Stuns and Silence since he won't be able to use Endless Rage which messes him up, also his passive isn't very good since you have to be closer to dying and you won't always have endless rage to help you. However, in a 1v1 Tryndamere owns.

Teknikk

04-17-2010

I main tryndamerk. At first, I thought he was kind of useless too. But he's one of those characters who can't do much early game, but once you get the right items, he's a beast. I have literally turned games around late game. If you stack a crit dmg rune page, plus IE and PD, he hits like a truck. 100% crit chance with endless rage popped makes you a force to be feared.

I kind of like how nobody plays him though, I face less mirrors. And I often people assume I'm useless, so I can just walk into team fights and clean up . Haha. But yeah, Trynd is a character that needs gold in order to be good. 3 Avarice Blades > Boots > IE. By level 13 you'll be a truck.

Tryndamerk, 110% Man.