ELO hell, explained by quantum physics.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Pumbo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-09-2011

Finally someone posts the truth
no good players struggle getting out of 1200-1400 range

if you are losing elo its because you are playing bad

Bálsagna

06-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pumbo View Post
Finally someone posts the truth
no good players struggle getting out of 1200-1400 range

if you are losing elo its because you are playing bad
That is not true at all, what so ever.

You can have good games, even great games but because of select individuals, you can still lose. And in this case, lose Elo

And it's proven that lower tier players do 'bad' on more occasions than higher tier players. As I stated before, I didn't have a problem in Premades, it's the Solo Q's that make it tough.

Yes, I'm gaining Elo just fine in Solo Q, but I'm also losing it as well to my original point. DURR's are on either team still. I have better competition and team mates in Normal than I do in Ranked in the 1100's...

IS1a420802574b139f7409f

06-09-2011

I suspect you have no idea what quantum physics is.

I also suspect you haven't played more than a dozen ranked games. If any.

Tinate

06-10-2011

A sign you're stuck in Elo Hell:

Every champ select page, you're banning and people below you, last picks, are picking Garen when you have two tanks, 2 other DPS carries and the enemy has a singed and morde.

Meh, the issue is that, it's a whack ass world out there. People are bad, in general. The exceptional, find themselves crowded, too often.

But, this ranking system is broken to ****, that's why it is how it is. We're not matched up, based on individual skill level, just what our individual rating is. And this isn't an individual game. However, to accurately place individuals amongst their peers, one needs to be rated based on performance. Hence, a win/loss based system is broken.

I posted the fix to this issue, here; hopefully it gets considered. If lolbase.net can do it, why can't Riot.

DuffTime

06-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinate View Post
A sign you're stuck in Elo Hell:

Every champ select page, you're banning and people below you, last picks, are picking Garen when you have two tanks, 2 other DPS carries and the enemy has a singed and morde.

Meh, the issue is that, it's a whack ass world out there. People are bad, in general. The exceptional, find themselves crowded, too often.

But, this ranking system is broken to ****, that's why it is how it is. We're not matched up, based on individual skill level, just what our individual rating is. And this isn't an individual game. However, to accurately place individuals amongst their peers, one needs to be rated based on performance. Hence, a win/loss based system is broken.

I posted the fix to this issue, here; hopefully it gets considered. If lolbase.net can do it, why can't Riot.
It's an interesting idea, but then you'll be starting off at odd places with every new champion you play.

While a truly great player should rise steadily no matter what champion he plays, there are champions such as supports, that are harder to carry games with (For example HotShot says just play safe carries if you're good and want your ELO to rise. That's just his advice, I make no claim to an opinion regarding it.)

The possible result would be, if people play like this, no supports in high Elo, and all carries, hahah.

Yet, at that Elo there are players capable of using supports to good effect.

I'm not trashing your idea, just raising thoughts on possible issues.

ZAQWXSCDE

08-27-2011

I bring my short story to show the system is bad.

I started ranked once i hit 30 lvl. I won couple of games (10 out if 15) and hit 1432 rating.
Then i started to troll a bit, trying champs on ranked. Picking jarvan jungle every game or such. My elo slowly started to drop. Just below 1200 I started to worry - at that time I had same amout of wins and loses - doesn't mean lot but still. At 1100 i started to worry really and decided to play bit more for real.

I started to pick champs who can really carry game if fed quickly and especially can tarverse map quickly (Kassadin/Panth/TF) to help my teammates who sometimes struggling on lanes when was part of succesful gank start to play really well.
ALL games I played I wasnt feeding at all, depending on game I ended mostly as top creepscore, kills/death ratio for sure. I hardly die, really.

Thing is even playing so good and hard trying I cant go up. I win more games than I lose but still I am going down with rating. WTH?

Each game I am top performer and not just cause I tak carry and stay off battle till 5 enemies with 50hp left. I am playing really good, WAY better than I was at 1400+ and tbh if I would play same as now then I wouldn't drop below it.

CHANGE SYSTEM.
No matter if I would have 0-10 7cs or 10-0 250cs I will recieve -12/-13 rating for lose and opposite for win. WTF! Change it dudes, i really doubted in ello hell, maybe its not there and I am just SO bad, but let me get -6 when I lose. but play good or +24 if we win 4v5 since minute 1.

END.

RearPillager

08-28-2011

"Elo hell" usually said to be around 1100ish right? Well if the top 25% of all players are above 1250, then 75% must be below that, il be generous and say 50% (prob closer to 65%) sounds to me like people are just blaming their team for their imperfect play, admittedly having a fed enemy mid makes games tough, but I don't think anyone can say that they have never played poorly or fed. People in lower brackets just don't know how to adapt their play style if they are behind or watch their positioning so they don't get caught alone in the late game. You are placed against people who are at a very similar rating to you so how could it be just your team? There is a reason you are where you are and it is not singularly your team, if you think you should be higher then practice, work on the flaws in your own gameplay and you will eventually go up.

TL;DR Less QQ more Pew Pew, there is no hell

tapobu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2011

so you're good and want to climb out of elo hell, eh? two words: duo queue.