black screen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pendorax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-27-2010

i have a little problem here...

if i install the newest driver for my graphics card, then when the games to the loading screen it is all black, cant see any champs or anything and its the same when the game starts, i can here the game running but i cant see anything

the driver i am installing is this one http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_wi...7.13_whql.html

and i have an old GEFORCE 6600 GT

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

03-28-2010

Are you running Windows Vista or 7? It appears as those drivers are for those operating systems and they may have a separate one for XP, if that is what you are running. If you have Vista/7 you can turn of anti-aliasing and see if that resolves the issue, and I would also make sure your resolution wasn't changed with the new install and it is something out of what LoL supports.

Pendorax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-28-2010

it is windows 7 i am running i will check on the anti-aliasing and the resolution.. thanks

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

03-28-2010

You can also go into the league of legends directory and manually set the resolution of the game by editing the game.cfg file. Here is the default path to it...

C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\game\DATA\CFG

Open up game.cfg with notepad, edit the Height and Width field to match the native resolution of your display, and save it.

Pendorax

03-28-2010

it didnt work... but i did notice that my monitor actualy give me an error message :P ( i was very tired before ) it says something like

Analog RGB
62 khz / 75hz
size exceeded

i think thats the right translation

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

03-28-2010

Odd. Go into your menu of the display and adjust the settings and see if that resolves the issue, also make sure in the software for your video card it matches as well. You may also want to download the drivers for your monitor and run those instead of generic Plug and Play if you haven't already.

Pendorax

03-28-2010

i am not sure wich settings you want me to adjust or where i should look to match them to my video card settings :P... i tryed to find my monitor drivers and everywhere i looked including trying 2 driver search programmes, it said my drivers were uptodate, wich i find a little odd since my drivers er version 1.0.0.0...
i have a medion md30999pd s22 if that helps in any way...

also, how do i set it to use the monitor drivers instead of plug n' play?

oh and thanks for all the help so far

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

03-28-2010

Just by installing the newest drivers for your display it will use them. What you want to do is see what your resolution on your desktop currently is, and in the Height and Width field in that game.cfg file adjust it to match. Then save the game.cfg and try and play the game.

So if your display is running at 1920x1080, go into the game.cfg and change the width to 1920 and the height to 1080.

Pendorax

03-28-2010

well as i said i do think i have the newest drivers for my monitor... i cant find anything newer sooo

and i tryed editing the cfg file to match my desktops.. didnt help

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

03-29-2010

You may be in the situation of having uninstall and reinstall the game in order to resolve the issue. If you go this route make sure you delete the Riot directory after the uninstall, and before the reinstall.