My Ranked Solo Queue Saga (I need help)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Myslead

06-13-2011

Game #26 (Warwick / Defeat / 74W - 80L / 1124 -11)
http://i.imgur.com/AYEVq.jpg

Right from the beginning of the game Galio complains that he is lagging like hell and gets killed by Vayne... then proceeds to disconnect. So at the 5 minutes mark it is 4 v 5. Somehow, we were still able to keep ourselves in the game. But then Galio comes back near the end of the game and proceeds to die twice again complaining that his internet is ****ing up who is also level 3 when everyone else is around 13-14. Lost the game because we couldn't outpush Mordekaiser and Heimerdinger, but it would have definitely been a win if the whole game would have been 5 v 5.

Don't you hate these kind of games... arg

Myslead

06-13-2011

Game #27 (Vladimir / Defeat / 74W - 81L / 1111 -13)
http://i.imgur.com/f5Qhx.jpg

Eve fed, Rammus and Sona kept leaving teamfights to chase Singed for I don't know what reasons, leaving me and Vayne by ourselves and our Rammus was too scared to initiate so we always were getting **** on.

Myslead

06-13-2011

Game #28 (Rumble / Victory / 75W - 81L / 1124 +13)
http://i.imgur.com/6TTcR.jpg

Rumble FOTM? Didn't score any kills, but scored a couple of assists. The opposite team couldn't really do anything throughout the game and I was never really scared to drop the game with this one. Still can't believe I lost that previous Vlad game though ahah.

paShadoWn

06-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunflame View Post
I did; a wall of text on topic how people wrongly estimate their IQ, although no one knows the heck what IQ is and why the heck it is so. Same as the most of "modern psychology": they notice something and go into blubbering lots of pseudo-latin terms to "describe it scientifically". In worst cases, then they try to mutilate some hapless, trusting (aka stupid) victims like monkies big or small, hairy entirely or almost hairless.

Warhammer quote: A healthy mind is a suspicious mind.

In terms of computer science, the discipline which brings palpable results (touch your monitor to become convinced) this is called "software-to-hardware compatibility": your brain may indeed be super-fast so you click 300 times per seconds never missing, but: if you act from flawed, rigid "template" tactic, some clumsy oaf like me who types with two fingers and cannot even lasthit, would own you. Period.

I purposedly do not improve my skills (perhaps i cant, LoL), so only equal in intelligence would pass through me.

A simplified example: what good makes you to hit with your fists as fast and strong as a jackhammer (yep, you spent your whole life training) if your enemy is a sniper? Only if you sneak on him first.

There was a fabulous example in St. Petersburg (Peter, a SAINT - BWAHAHAHA) when a famous boxer was murdered by bunch of hools. They thrown him down a staircase. LoLLLL. Arrogant sod, should have paid them "change" and "watches".

Study goblins, people, its rewarding. In life and change.

And if you want the reeeaally high elo, go and troll people on .tv. Few thousands of worshippers may help immensely. (AAAHHH its HIMMM i better quit before he pwns me O.O; and extra essence to burn). Signing pact with devil or another may also help. Devils are very good at LoL. Guess why, hehe.

Myslead

06-13-2011

Game #29 (Cho'Gath / Victory / 76W - 81L / 1137 +14)
http://i.imgur.com/VUSY2.jpg

Letting a Cho'gath freefarm is never a good idea. Another bad idea would be to get caught by his "nom om om" ability. Which they did; which led them to their demise. Ezreal was really dominant early game scoring a couple of kills; but slowed down as the game progressed; but me and Vlad picked up the pace.

BlGFISH

06-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myslead View Post
Game #26 (Warwick / Defeat / 74W - 80L / 1124 -11)
http://i.imgur.com/AYEVq.jpg

Right from the beginning of the game Galio complains that he is lagging like hell and gets killed by Vayne... then proceeds to disconnect. So at the 5 minutes mark it is 4 v 5. Somehow, we were still able to keep ourselves in the game. But then Galio comes back near the end of the game and proceeds to die twice again complaining that his internet is ****ing up who is also level 3 when everyone else is around 13-14. Lost the game because we couldn't outpush Mordekaiser and Heimerdinger, but it would have definitely been a win if the whole game would have been 5 v 5.

Don't you hate these kind of games... arg
This seems like alot of my ranked games currently at sub 1000 and not deserving

Gunflame

06-14-2011

Quote:
Game #22 (Vayne / Defeat / 71W - 79L / 1095 -12)
Vayne, Jarvan, Veigar, Teemo & Swain vs Twisted Fate, Nocturne, Rammus, Mordekaiser and Kogmaw
I went 8-8-7 which is horrible.

Right at the champion selection, Vayne, Jarvan and Veigar are picked... the last two picks decide to go with Teemo and Swain, I knew it right there that I would lose that game. Incredible how people still don't understand how to properly build a team.

Just lost 3 games in a row... all the hard work gone thanks to random strangers that don't belong in ranked.
This is a GOOD team if you ask me. Obviously it is not a perfect team, but it is good. You get substained DPS... tanky dps.. Burst damage... CC... Magic and physical. Also free map awareness with teemo, good movibility overall. It is lacking on AoE damage but thatīs the only problem and with your amount of CC and he squishies on the other team (kog/tf/noc) it is still a good team.

According to riot... 1100 is SLIGHTLY BELOW AVERAGE in ranked.

8-8-7 is not a horrile score by any means... you really need to rethink your priorities.

Quote:
Well you start at 1200; all you need to do is win you first couple of games for the +40 boost and you are set for life lol.
Not really... you are only "set for life" if you actually know how to play... but the funny thing is that if you actually know how to play you can carry yourself higher.... I know I did carry myself from 1000 to 1400.

Quote:
Game #25 (Warwick / Victory / 74W - 79L / 1135 +15)
Just as a reference... compare the score with the one you said that sucked. You only said it sucked because you lost. If you lose your score will suck.

Also I see you all over the place... Rumble, Warwick, Xin, Vayne, Orianna, Chogath, Vladimir too much variety which opens room for failure. You can't say you are equally good with all those champions, you should pay close attention to which are your best 2-3 champions and try to stick with them even if the team composition is not ideal.

Just look at your profile and study your most played champions. Basically any champion that give you 55%+ with more than 10 games should be a good champion for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paShadoWn View Post
blah blah blah
Your point is? The illusion of superiority has very simple premise... you "believe" you are better than you truly are... that was my point with that post and it has not much to do with IQ.

Myslead

06-14-2011

Quote:
This is a GOOD team if you ask me. Obviously it is not a perfect team, but it is good. You get substained DPS... tanky dps.. Burst damage... CC... Magic and physical. Also free map awareness with teemo, good movibility overall. It is lacking on AoE damage but thatīs the only problem and with your amount of CC and he squishies on the other team (kog/tf/noc) it is still a good team.
We didn't need the Teemo AND Swain for the exact reasons you stated. Another beefy character and hard CC would have been a much better pick.

Having an even KDR is meh for a carry, at least for me.

Quote:
Just as a reference... compare the score with the one you said that sucked. You only said it sucked because you lost. If you lose your score will suck.
Oh no, sometimes I say that I have a terrible score even if I win.

Quote:
Also I see you all over the place... Rumble, Warwick, Xin, Vayne, Orianna, Chogath, Vladimir too much variety which opens room for failure. You can't say you are equally good with all those champions, you should pay close attention to which are your best 2-3 champions and try to stick with them even if the team composition is not ideal.

Just look at your profile and study your most played champions. Basically any champion that give you 55%+ with more than 10 games should be a good champion for you.
This I agree, but you've stated the characters I usually do good with... except for Vladimir in ranked for whatever reason ahah; so I don't know. But yeah, I tend to try and fufill the team comp I think I still have a problem at trusting people in in their abilities at being good which I really shouldn't.

Myslead

06-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor345 View Post
i know you start at 1200, but i never ward (need to learn to do that, working on it in normal), and my instinct for when to attack seems to have a personal vandetta against me, im always dead wrong.
Play a character with an initiation skill and/or hard cc. That way your team might follow you once you do use that ability and warding is a really important thing to do; also when to do it is also another thing to know.

Gunflame

06-14-2011

Quote:
We didn't need the Teemo AND Swain for the exact reasons you stated. Another beefy character and hard CC would have been a much better pick.
Swain is exactly like mundo... but it is AP instead of AD. He does really decent damage, but he is a TANKY DPS (just like rumble). He has a slow and a snare which are good CCs. At least the way I play Swain I usually end up tanking the enemy team really well.

I consider you had enough DPS with 2 Tanky DPS (jarvan/swain), 1 assasin/chaser (vayne) and heavy burst (veigar). Teemo gave you good pushing power, good map awareness and a blind that counters, TF, Nocture and Kogmaw. Again not the perfect team composition but it was a good team composition. Now wherever they suck or not at using their champions is something completely different. I would've let teemo solo top, Jarvan jungle, swain or vayne mid and veigar at bot with the other that didn't mid. If jarvan couldn't jungle I would've done Teemo mid, jarvan + veigar (lizard side) and Vayne +Swain (blue golem side) . Jarvan would focus on protecting veigar while swain+vayne get early kills in bot and Teemo shrooms the whole map.

Quote:
This I agree, but you've stated the characters I usually do good with... except for Vladimir in ranked for whatever reason ahah; so I don't know. But yeah, I tend to try and fufill the team comp I think I still have a problem at trusting people in in their abilities at being good which I really shouldn't.
Basically when I find a champion I'm doing good with I stick with it no matter what. Of course after 1600 ranked games and 1200 normal games, I don't really worry much about it. That's how I had a 70% win rate with Brand and trundle (after bout 15 games).

As of now my "best" champions are: Evelynn Jungle (always banned). Renek Jungle/solo or Chogath solo top. From casters I can either pick Ryze or brand. Ryze for mid range (if I solo vs melee or ashe or something like that), and Brand if I solo vs very long range champions. If I'm forced to duo lane I can only use veigar or soraka... 90% of the time it is soraka unless I get a taric or janna willing to give up their farm.

I can also use Swain, Anivia, Annie, Tristana, Caitlyn, Trundle, Kayle and a bunch of other champions, but they are not my optimal champions so I don't use them in ranked (except for maybe Swain to hard counter a Vladimir or if need AP+tank)