My Ranked Solo Queue Saga (I need help)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Myslead

06-16-2011

Game #36 (Caitlyn / Defeat / 80W - 84L / 1156 -12)
http://i.imgur.com/DNr50.jpg

Mass AOE wins games... Amumu / Malphite / Kennen ult was gg... my team kept getting caught out of position, not that it wasn't hard to do with that many initiators on their team and were basically dying left and right... This Xin also kept tower diving early game and then dying because of it especially when I had 0 mana to back him up. I tried to side lane push a couple of times, but to no avail, my team life expectancy was way too low for me to push anything.

Myslead

06-16-2011

Game #37 (Malphite / Defeat / 80W - 85L / 1145 -11)
http://i.imgur.com/XHRhT.jpg

Here we go again... Laning phase was alright, but as soon as the teamfights broke out, things just got out of hands. People kept getting caught out of position again and mow down. Also people hiding Caitlyn was just not going to cut it. I was trying to best my best to find that opening, but my team wouldn't let me as they kept getting caught before an actual teamfight which led us to be way more reactive then proactive.

Myslead

06-16-2011

Game #38 (Caitlyn / Victory / 81W - 85L / 1158 +13)
http://i.imgur.com/8IjvX.jpg

I rarely get to play AD carries when I play with my friend Brian, which is a shame as it's one of my favorite role to play. But since I have such a **** ELO, I'm always last to pick when I queue with him. Anyway, if nothing went right in my previous two games, everything went well in this one. Got some early kills on Xin and Singed who kept trying to get us at our tower. That Alistar was a force to be reckoned with as he controlled the fights so well. He kept headbutting them into my traps which I thought was really amazing ahah.

Zixz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannatwirrl View Post
hahahahaha.
Shenanigan5 - 1, Crownz - 0

hit 30 last night. 1st ranked game: got rolled hard. Woot! Had a terrible game as chogath.

Is buying wards really that rare? Unless I have a teemo on my team, and they drop shrooms...I almost never notice wards of any sort anywhere on the map other than the ones I place. They are *so* effing useful, do folks just never spend the $ ?
A lot of people don't understand that the 75g is WELL worth it. Especially early game for the enemy jungler. I can't stress enough how important avoiding a gank is. For 75g? Why not. And of course you have your uses for later in the game for map control and dragon/baron sight and blah blah blah. I don't think anyone has really talked in-depth, maybe I'll make a post going into it. I honestly think they are an over-looked mechanic of the game.

Myslead

06-16-2011

Game #39 (Nocturne / Defeat / 81W - 86L / 1147 -11)
http://i.imgur.com/1Jqhi.jpg

Seems like today is not my day... I was ganked right at the beginning, a five men gank which set me far behind in the jungle. My team was doing okay though; but mostly back and forth. I caught up during mid game with successful ganks. But as the game let on, my team somehow, instead of targetting Vayne or WW as they should have been doing, went ahead and tried to kill Taric instead which had a GA, Hourglass and you know, could heal himself. My team was saying that targetting Taric was important BECAUSE he was healing his team and kept everyone up. Must I remind them that there is something called cooldowns? and we had the burst to take down people, Annie / Poppy / Maokai and even me, it's just that they were not able to target for **** which was leaving me going all by myself vs Vayne as my team scattered between different target. The game dragged on forever and my team, especially Poppy and Maokai kept making mistakes which led to a defeat, even though we were at their Nexus Towers around mid / early late game.

Crayth

06-17-2011

That irelia in your caitlyn victory last night is so ignorant. Nidalee is an amazing champ, one of my favorites. She does her best when fed, but then again, so does any champ. Nidalee's poke is one of the best in the game.

Had fun raping that karthus mid as soraka last night :P

TsurugiHikari

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-17-2011

This thread remind me of an old player back in beta who made a thread named something like "Follow my elo skydive" by IronBible. I don't think he's playing anymore after he announced that he was leaving this game a year back. This is when Normal games had elo and there wasn't any ranked games at the time note. Had a hard time as well climbing the elo for his games.

And to be frank, I'm having a hard time as well. Good luck on getting your elo where you want it. I'm hovering below the mark where it shows the elo you have on your profile so your buddies can see it.

godhunter1053

06-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayth View Post
That irelia in your caitlyn victory last night is so ignorant. Nidalee is an amazing champ, one of my favorites. She does her best when fed, but then again, so does any champ. Nidalee's poke is one of the best in the game.

Nid does have some of the best poke in the game...but she's all but useless in a teamfight besides cleanup. She has a medium/long cooldown heal and her spear is best used to hit runners or poke early where the range kicks in for full damage. In cougar form she kites extremely well, but if you dive into a teamfight in cougar, you will simply go squish unless very fed. Thats the argument being made. She's a beast throughout most points of the game, but requires a certain playstyle from not only you, but your team as well. Even extremely fed she dies just as quickly to cc as anyone else and while she can out sustain most people, its a bit tricky to teamfight with her, especially if you're team doesn't get a good poke phase first.

Myslead

06-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayth View Post
that was ridiculous indeed ! ahahah

Crayth

06-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by godhunter1053 View Post
Nid does have some of the best poke in the game...but she's all but useless in a teamfight besides cleanup. She has a medium/long cooldown heal and her spear is best used to hit runners or poke early where the range kicks in for full damage. In cougar form she kites extremely well, but if you dive into a teamfight in cougar, you will simply go squish unless very fed. Thats the argument being made. She's a beast throughout most points of the game, but requires a certain playstyle from not only you, but your team as well. Even extremely fed she dies just as quickly to cc as anyone else and while she can out sustain most people, its a bit tricky to teamfight with her, especially if you're team doesn't get a good poke phase first.
Good points. It's this analysis that makes me think that maybe Nidalee is a easy to learn, difficult to master champ, because the major difficulty that I see summoners have with Nidalee is understanding when the right time to throw spears and heal is, and when they should be in cougar form slashing up the carries.

I agree with you in that Nidalee has a different dynamic when it comes to team fights, and if she's not fed she can be difficult to contribute with. My advice with Nidalee for this sort of situation is to dance around the perimeter, chucking spears and healing if any allies are close. Once most of the cc has gone out, I quickly switch to cougar and go for the carry, ashe, cait, malz, etc. If they are a step away, I flash behind them to start the w-e-q combo. If they move away or flash away, its as easy as w, leaping towards them and continuing on.

I personally can't wait until Nidalee's bugs get fixed, because then I will start maining her again.