Many HUD Recommendations

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wafer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-27-2010

Ok so, I have a bunch of ideas for the HUD of this game...

-First off, I think you should keep default HUD as an option but here is a list of things I think some people may like, which could be enabled in the options. Most of these recommendations will be based on visibility.

-Customizable crosshair, an array of shapes and sizes, some really small and hardly noticable, that way more visibility.

-The ability to disable tooltips from popping up.

-The ability to show, instead of ally champ portraits and health/mana bars in middle far left, simple health and mana bars with their name above each one, and allow that to be moved around to wherever is needed.

-The ability to compress and simplify the HUD completly, removing any and all unecasary graphics, leaving only health/mana bars and minimap.

-The ability to choose the transparency of certain things in the HUD

-The ability to move anything on the HUD around, in game, as well as lock certain things in position.

-The ability to simplify the overhead healthbars of all champions, to choose the transparency of those, and other options like choosing priority of overlap, or add displacement, if there is an overlap have on sit beside the other IE melee vs melee.

-with the above point in mind, the ability to remove all or some of the HUD depending on what is chosen (checkboxes to choose, in the options)

-Also the character potrait/health/manabars in the top left, yea that thing should be removed, kind of repetitive.

-The ability to disable weather effects.(also perhaps a map preference, based on weather so that players that dont want to play winter, dont have to.)

-Something to do with character portraits in minimap, something to solve overlap, perhaps smaller icons, color coded, transperency upon overlap etc.

-The ability to customize where, and how big in game messages such as "so and so killed by so and so"

-The ability to color code (on top of the ability to choose the colors for each) damage notifier numbers that scroll past when attacking or taking damge and to choose which ones types of damage show and which dont, and the ability to customize the size whereabouts and transperancy.

-Also, I don't know if this is exactly the place to say this, but I'm thinking, queable movements (NOT QUEUEABLE ABILITIES, That takes away the skill) But in order to plan the path your champion will take in order to avoid certain things instead of taking the way pathing decides (Which isnt always best) the ability to hold shift or something, and right click to where you want to move, then holding shift still click again somewhere else to go to the first location then the following location

-So, by now you pretty much get the point: Visibility, customizable: size, transperency and location. And the ability to remove certain uneeded things, the ability to disable and enable.

-| Now for somethings that don't worry about visibility (as much)

-the ability to add more alerts for when you are at low health, for newer players, ex. a noise when a turret targets you, and when you are low health a voice lets you know, or when you are being attacked by multiple people, it lets you know.

-Aggro % bars, for jungling.

-An ingame list with the names of all champs in game (customizable as listed above) which shows in someway who is missing and who isnt, and perhaps labels which lane they were last seen.

-Alerts such as, one of your allies has low health, thus certain things happen, perhaps on the minimap there portrait beeps (along with the ability to disable this of course)

-And many others of these sorts of options.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I know some of you may not agree with all of this, but this is more for experienced players, who barely ever need to read tooltips and deal with most stuff other than the important aspects, thus (an ex.), we will be fine without little pictures of our abilities in the bottom middle (but when we level up, the plus could come up with the corresponding letter inside it) Also some of this may not be allowed, and I am totaly ok with that.

*If there are any typos, mistakes, or anything that don't make sense, just let me know so I can clear things up.

*Also correct me if I am wrong in any part of this.

Dathadorne

03-28-2010

Someone has been playing a little too much WoW

Wafer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dathadorne View Post
Someone has been playing a little too much WoW
No. clearly you have been playing too much of it, seeing as you noticed this, and I didn't at the time.

I played WoW when i was 12... that was it. Sure a couple of those suggestions are like WoW now that I think of it but this is a completely different game, and right now, I'd say the hud is to repetetive and takes up way to much of the screen.

DeadHunter

03-30-2010

I pretty much entirely agree with Wafer, more simplified HUD would make me happy.

sidewinded

03-31-2010

An ingame list with the names of all champs in game (customizable as listed above) which shows in someway who is missing and who isnt, and perhaps labels which lane they were last seen.

i kinda disagree with this.

Pissfer

04-01-2010

I can agree to disagree: as you can do that already by TAB-ing. Though it's not efficient, not everything has to be super efficient in this game. However, most of the increased visibility ideas would be good additions (or if they could fix the health bars in the top left so that they actually updated properly)

Wafer

04-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinded View Post
An ingame list with the names of all champs in game (customizable as listed above) which shows in someway who is missing and who isnt, and perhaps labels which lane they were last seen.

i kinda disagree with this.
Ya I see where your going with that... it could take away from the skill a bit..