[Guide] WIP: Alt. Physical way of playing Twisted Fates

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VxkyPcgcbwL9iNRT

Emissary of the League

09-01-2009

Well its still a WIP I suppose and its 2am right now so I'll soak in the feedback properly tomorrow (that means responding too)

What I will say is: I DO use wild card a lot, I need to overhaul that part of the guide. If you're chasing someone; Use Wild Card as much as poss, that extra little bit of damage is a must have by far.

Edit: Oh and most of the guide was written whilst playing on a 1v0 =/. By the way the critting for 800 is the max I can do for him iin a normal. What I mean is you can crit for 660 with infinity, but BF swords beyond that improve it.

Mr Tibbers

09-01-2009

Oh ****! I just realized why your crit numbers seemed off, lol. I was thinking my Gangplank build which easily crits for 1k. My bad. xD

AquaBlue

09-01-2009

Generally I go

Wild Card
Gate
Wild Card
Pick a Card.

Around level 4 is usually when everybody picks up on what the enemy is doing and maybe when the first kills can be seen. Pick a card is really good for keeping melee heroes who charge in thinking you're an easy prey off your back. A blue card is no problem as it means extra damage and a red one leads to a nice wild card to the face. Golden cards popping up in the middle of a battle is one of the best things to have in the game, especially when you're chasing an enemy down.

My usual item build is take Doran's Ring and a health pot depending on the hero lineup on the other team.Usually a health pot isn't going to break your back and it keeps you in the lane while gate is down or you still have mana but no health.

Right off the bat you spam wildcards get a quick level and keep recalling/gating back to keep those cards up as much as you can. Low health heroes make for quick snacks once you call a gank. That is, if you can aim the cards properly.

Elmentar

09-01-2009

I have never gone AP with CM, and I've only played against one person who did(and although powerful in its own right, it's no match imo compared to a non-ap CM.)

If you get to solo a lane, and can last hit very well, a warmog/impaler build works godly, to make Fate much harder to kill early on, and eventually turn him into a beast late game. My items end up as, in order,(assuming the game lasts long enough to get all 6)

-Berserker Boots(I prefer the MS early on for chasing/escaping, and the attack speed boost is nice)
-Warmog(Straight into the recipe items, the extra health keeps CM alive with less effort on your part)
-Atmas Impaler(So you can actually start doing some real damage.)
-2ND Warmog(At this point, the game should start drawing to a close, unless you're going to end up in a longer game, 35+ minutes I'd say.)
-Phantom [Dagger?] (Time to put that tank into action basically.)
-(Last item up to player, depending on what looks most helpful. I usually get a 3rd warmog for more hp, but Infinity Edge works great too, among other items. Guardian Angel if needed, though at this point you'll have 4k+ HP.)

I've played incredible games with this build, people rarely expect a bulky CM that can tank towers by himself. It also scares away greedy solo champions that think they can handle you.

And I certaintly don't ignore his abilities, they supplement his attacks really well, and are usually the finisher.

It probably would help to get P. Stone or a similar item for gaining the gold faster, but I tend to avoid those items. It'd be a good idea to test them out with this build though(get boots later?)

But to each their own, I guess.

Mr Tibbers

09-02-2009

It's Phantom Dancer. Pretty close, but no cigar.

Elmentar

09-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tibbers View Post
It's Phantom Dancer. Pretty close, but no cigar.
Ah, thanks. I still get a lot of the items' names mixed up...

feardragon

09-02-2009

Good stuff. I've been meaning to try out this build but unfortunately I don't have any comments on it since I haven't successfully pulled it off. Hopefully this guide will help. But I just thought I'd post to let you know about this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuno View Post
Q: What are my biggest weaknesses?

[. . .]

*******file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/James/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg********
^Image not quite uploaded in the What are my biggest weaknesses section.