Gold per second build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FluorescentBulb

05-05-2011

Its not bad, but shouldn't be your goal. I tank with philosophers stone and heart of gold early. The philosophers stone ensures that I can be aggressive in the lane indefinitely and heart of gold builds into Randuin's. As for the runes, they give so little I don't think its really worth it, but could be fun. I would only try it on characters who can get bonus gold naturally or easily like gangplank or twisted fate to amplify their natural bonus, but maybe I'm backwards on that.

Pentorius

05-05-2011

It sucks
ive had x3 runes with +1 gold
Mastery
and x6 items

The gold income still slow as hell and i don't think the runes work

SmileFACED

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2011

I find that the fastest way to get gold is by killing champs, and I build items that facilitate that goal.

C00LST0RYBR0

05-08-2011

Gold/time items are really strong on champions that can get away with their stats. For example you can do this on supports, some junglers, tanky dps and tanks. It's situational. AP and AD carries can never do this for obvious reasons.

Some champions that come to mind: Jarvan, Taric, Poppy, Nunu, Shen, Malphite, Lux, ...

Heart of Gold - 825g (~8 min 15 sec to pay off)
Philosopher's Stone - 800g (8 min to pay off)
Kage's Lucky Pick - 765g (7 min 39 sec to pay off)

Let me just put it this way. In a recent game our Tyndamere had 140 cs and 11 kills more then myself. I only had 1800 gold less then him (14k vs 16k). A tank with carry like gold = real strong.

Amaterasuomikami

05-08-2011

A full build? No not good.

2-3 with the mastery and quints on a support? Great.

It means you can let your lanemate get every last hit

Epsilon2012

05-09-2011

I buy Heart of Gold on Amumu...that's it though

Taskmaker2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-09-2011

if you do the math, it goes something like this, u can start out a match making 4 extra gold per 10 seconds, thats 24 gold a minute, then if you get another plus 5 gold per 10 second item lets say 5 minutes into the game you are now making 54 extra gold a minute... well that only amounts to a few minion kills right? well if you times that by 30 minutes, an average game, u get 1620 extra gold...(adding an extra 900 to that equation for every plus 5 gold item u add to it) now thats worth several extra champion kills... and thats just with ONE plus 5 gold item... Don't really have too much of an opinion on this. I have tried it with 3 plus 5 gold items and you are noticeably weaker when compared to playing with better items, but if you are up against tough opponents and playing defense you can still be making some gold on the side, like others have said if you are a jungler or holding back.
Last comment, i far too often see this build on a losing opponent... if it is part of your build buy it... if not, buy something that will help you farm better, like i said, the bonus is only worth a few minion kills.

Taskmaker2

05-09-2011

I have tried it with gangplank thinking that he would be great making tons of money with the bonus and the extra gold form his q but i ended up being far too weak and my opponents were able to kill me so i spent alot of time dead, haha good thing the gold bonus still counts when your dead right? but like i said in my other post, with the extra gold i earned it was worth like 8 kills without doing anything (4 gold at start and 2-3 plus 5 gold items) (oh and i forgot to mention they pay off when u sell them back anyway)

OnlyBotLane

05-09-2011

GPS is how you win ARAMs and 1v1s

OnlyBotLane

05-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by C00LST0RYBR0 View Post
Gold/time items are really strong on champions that can get away with their stats. For example you can do this on supports, some junglers, tanky dps and tanks. It's situational. AP and AD carries can never do this for obvious reasons.

Some champions that come to mind: Jarvan, Taric, Poppy, Nunu, Shen, Malphite, Lux, ...

Heart of Gold - 825g (~8 min 15 sec to pay off)
Philosopher's Stone - 800g (8 min to pay off)
Kage's Lucky Pick - 765g (7 min 39 sec to pay off)

Let me just put it this way. In a recent game our Tyndamere had 140 cs and 11 kills more then myself. I only had 1800 gold less then him (14k vs 16k). A tank with carry like gold = real strong.

Those items all have other benefits, not just GPS. So that time to pay off isn't completely true. Surely with a phil stone being able to lane longer is an instant pay off