Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Gold per second build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TearMeApartLisa

03-27-2010

I just want to know if it is a viable option or if anyone has ever done it. If you got every single rune/mastery/item that all deals with nothing but raw gold aquisistion, I would postulate that you could make a great end game hero. Especially if you have someone like WW who can lay low for early game. I dont really know where Im going with this, but I would like to know if anyone has tried a build in which gold acquisition was the priority until mid game. I once got 5 lucky picks as ryze and was doing pretty well until mid game when they lost their effectiveness. I then held off for a little, sold them all and bough uber items to push the game ftw. The only reason it worked though was because we were against a **** team. Can anyone clarify a build or try it out?

Remunial

03-27-2010

The only way I can see gold/10 runes and masteries being decent is if you use it on a poor farmer. I can see it being useful on someone like Alistar since he is bad at farming but also doesn't really NEED to use those Quint slots for anything else. There are better Quints for him, but, he isn't one of those champions who will suffer greatly for using gold/10.

As for gold/10 items it CAN be viable to get a bunch of them, but, it's situational I think. I almost always play some sort of tank and I usually mix HP/armor/MR since most teams are a mix of physical and magic users. I will sometimes get at least one Heart of Gold for the HP/armor it has. If they have 3+ physical damage dealers then I might get 3 or 4 Heart of Golds instead.

I can see someone like Tryndamere getting multiple Avarice Blades as well. I'm not really sure who else could get much use out of an item with only +crit chance and gold/10. As for Lucky Picks i'm not sure if they're a great idea. Most people who will use them are going to be decent/great farmers compared to tanks using Heart of Golds so they won't need them as much. Plus, there are a bunch of really nice items for casters in this game besides a Lucky Pick.

Rhetorical Hippo

03-27-2010

Well the earlier you have the Gold/5 items, the more valuable they become. But you -really- hold yourself back by buying nothing but Gold/5 items until late game. By the time you get done juggling all the stuff you need to, you might get "done" only a couple hundred gold faster not to mention you'll totally bite mid-late game until you cash them in to buy the other stuff.

Short version: No, it's not a good idea. By the time they pay off, you will have wasted a lot of opportunity.

FeLpZ

Recruiter

03-27-2010

i find getting 4 or so averice's on gangplank works well, help keep the crit high all game.

Chisleu

03-27-2010

I've played and seen Taric played with the turtle shells. health, armor, gp5, good deal. I saw one Taric go overboard (had 5 plus boots and would sell one when he was buying something.)

I say don't go overboard, but they can be good as far as items go. When I play some characters (pre-change heimer especially) I would start with a pendant, then get the gp5+ap dagger, then upgrade to codex, then boots, then Rod of Ages, before I ever combined for the Deathfire Grasp. I find DG to be a much more useful tool late game and would use it as an opener on the tank so the other team's dps felt safer and move forward, then our DPS could do their job quicker.

As far as runes, I say no way. Several of my builds have the gp5 mastery, but only because I need a 20th to get me to the 21st skill. It's of little real consequence. In the same respect, all my builds use HP quints. I may go to something different, but I really enjoy the survivability HP quints and seals give me in early game. I am not giving that up for gp5.

Try things out... It's just a game. When I want to see how something works, I solo queue. When I find things that work, I use them in my team queues. My team right now is 20-3, but we will see how that holds up. lol. Most of us aren't leavers, so our ELO isn't maxed out.

GuyGin

03-27-2010

I buy 1 on some chars just as normal 1st or second item. 2 if i'm having a bad farm. Its prob a bad idea to get more than that. Some are better deals than others also (heart of gold pays for itself as soon as you buy it, reeally).

xSJx

03-27-2010

Stacking gold per 5 items is generally a bad idea, but I like avarice quints + greed, and a gold per 5 item as your first item. You will have 9 gold per 5 for the majority of the game, comes in handy .

Buddha Belly

Recruiter

03-28-2010

The thing most people forget is that if you get an offensive g/second items it contributes more than just the extra gold. Thats why stacking averace on a gang plank is so effective. hes getting the bonus gold AND the crit makes him a lot more deadly untill he replaces those items for something better.

The character I find myself getting g/second items the most are on low creeping tanks and maybe eve.

Spazzallo

03-28-2010

no

Palette Town

03-28-2010

really old pirate build, not sure if it's still usable as i haven't played for several months.

get smite/flash w/ smite mastery.

level up pistol as fast you can and save smites for enemy tanks while using e on your own tanks.

pistols give extra gold, smites give extra gold, you're guaranteed tanks every wave and you deny them your tanks.

avarice blades also give you 5g/s.