Shen - Advance Build : Occult and Leviathan

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bonegnasher

03-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AoNeS View Post
And i don't actually spam it, i can time it very well from dota practice can't remember what hero needed that though.
That would be Puck. Anyways, I thought I'd put my two cents into this discussion. Personally, I think that DPS Shen is pretty **** scary. His skills give him such great survivability that he doesn't really need tanking items. Thus, you can focus on getting beastly DPS or AP items, and in my personal experience, the DPS route is much better. Just my humble opinion.

Steve

Hltman

03-28-2010

Well, because of those two items which are useless without stacks, this build is a sort of gamble. U need kills, lots of assissts to be usefull in team. If u die twice you are becoming useless because you lose almost all of you`r stacks.

Phiphler

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

03-28-2010

This build would be good for stomping pubs, but I don't see how it could be viable in higher tiers of gameplay.

Calling it Advanced Build is misleading.

Do0M

03-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phiphler View Post
This build would be good for stomping pubs, but I don't see how it could be viable in higher tiers of gameplay.

Agreed, but it is kind of a advance build, given that it uses 2 items that gain stacks from kills.

AoNeS

03-28-2010

Quote:

Sadly i agree with you about the higher tiers, since the game play level is that much greater then pubs which is the only place i've done the build other than prac game with friends, and really have no way to test against players on the pro level + there is no ranked play for LOL yet. I think it could work but it would really depend on the heroes vs heroes set, just on the type of dps the team has. But then again i have 0 league experience on LOL so i can't even really support that theory without being r*tarded.

Ehh calling it advanced wasn't really misleading, only cause hey its a occult and leviathan come on!

TWINKLETITS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2010

Quote:

Sorry to bump an older thread. Aside from the downvotes due to his feint choice, the leviathon/occult combo is quite intriguing. They would work well together to increase total stacks...

Curious how it's less viable for a non pub-stomp game? If anything I would assume the stackable items would be more readily used in the higher tiers.

unentschieden

04-18-2010

Because high elo players donīt die all the time. Stackable items are meant to capitalise on an existing advantage. In an even Game stackeritems are at best comparable to the normal alternatives. Good Teams will gank you before your Snowballitems go out of control.

Shen somewhat works as Carry because he is durable. He doesnīt work because he is slow and his chasing mechanism is not the best. He has the basestats but outside of that NOTHING on him scales with attackdamage, crits or attackspeed.
AP Shen might be viable with the rework on the TR. Basically they made Feint not worthless, instead of being a single source HP shield it reduces all damage by a flat amount (might have AP scaling) for 2 seconds. The top rank is 200 less damage for 2 seconds at 5 second base CD for 45 energy. With this he can tank even without Tankitems if he is good with timing.

Vorpal is a decent nuke with AP since it has a 0.65 scaling on the damage which is a lot on an ability with 3 seconds base CD. It also has a 0.2 scaling on the heal which is often underestimated, 70 HP over 3 seconds equals 116 HP/5. Itīs not instant but the amount over Time is comparable with "real" healskills.
He also gains a much better Shield for his ult. AP Makes him much better support while not sacrificing all that much Tankiness, itīs harder to play though.