Shen - Advance Build : Occult and Leviathan

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Remunial

Senior Member

03-27-2010

Quote:
thanks a bunch dude ur guide helped me ALOT with my shen game he deff is a tank/dps
whoever says otherwise is kinda ignorant to those abilities but i advise giving it a go
i go with leviathan, ninja tabi, forzen mallet then wardens and so on iv found this to be very effective at saving my teammates and tanking and also killing so thanks heaps
He got his friend to post this and attempt to make his guide look better.

Personally, for my first 7 or 8 games as Shen I was trying to max W and E first and ignoring Q until late-game. It wasn't working out too well. You run out of energy too quickly and most of the time all you're doing is blocking weak auto-attacks or DoTs. His W is very situational and I don't suggest spamming it over and over. Yes, it blocks ~300 damage every couple of seconds, but, you will usually just be blocking minimal damage if all you're doing it spamming it.

Getting 1 point in W early and then maxing Q and E is a better build from my experience. That 1 point in W allows you to live in some situations, especially if you're getting chased. The Q allows you to farm/jungle very easily and also harass or even set a target for your team to focus fire on. The E is your bread and butter and you need to always have energy to cast it. If you're spamming W all the time then you won't be able to taunt when you need it the most.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lynxion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-27-2010

Lol you're f*cking stupid, AP Shen is great. The best Shen IMO.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AoNeS

Junior Member

03-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remunial View Post
He got his friend to post this and attempt to make his guide look better.

Personally, for my first 7 or 8 games as Shen I was trying to max W and E first and ignoring Q until late-game. It wasn't working out too well. You run out of energy too quickly and most of the time all you're doing is blocking weak auto-attacks or DoTs. His W is very situational and I don't suggest spamming it over and over. Yes, it blocks ~300 damage every couple of seconds, but, you will usually just be blocking minimal damage if all you're doing it spamming it.

Getting 1 point in W early and then maxing Q and E is a better build from my experience. That 1 point in W allows you to live in some situations, especially if you're getting chased. The Q allows you to farm/jungle very easily and also harass or even set a target for your team to focus fire on. The E is your bread and butter and you need to always have energy to cast it. If you're spamming W all the time then you won't be able to taunt when you need it the most.
haha no not my friend. I've got over 500 in friends list... if i really cared i would just ask them all to spam this.

And i don't actually spam it, i can time it very well from dota practice can't remember what hero needed that though.

W only takes 50 energy and you get it back in a matter of seconds... i'm not saying using Q and E is wrong. I'm just saying i've had nothing but 3-1 kill ratios and more with this build and people can atleast try it before hating on it. So either your right and this build sucks and im doing extremely well with a very bad build whichs makes me god, 2 shens op (maybe), 3 the build works and people to ignorant to try it lol.

Quote:
Lol you're f*cking stupid, AP Shen is great. The best Shen IMO.
it's all opinion and personal preference.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Do0M

Junior Member

03-27-2010

+1
I could see how this would work against the right team. However in some situations tank would be better.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sdjaks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-27-2010

3/4 of his skills scale well with AP and we're trying to make him into an auto attack dpser? Go play Sion or Mundo if you want to crit hard.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fedrex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

03-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remunial View Post
He got his friend to post this and attempt to make his guide look better.

Personally, for my first 7 or 8 games as Shen I was trying to max W and E first and ignoring Q until late-game. It wasn't working out too well. You run out of energy too quickly and most of the time all you're doing is blocking weak auto-attacks or DoTs. His W is very situational and I don't suggest spamming it over and over. Yes, it blocks ~300 damage every couple of seconds, but, you will usually just be blocking minimal damage if all you're doing it spamming it.

Getting 1 point in W early and then maxing Q and E is a better build from my experience. That 1 point in W allows you to live in some situations, especially if you're getting chased. The Q allows you to farm/jungle very easily and also harass or even set a target for your team to focus fire on. The E is your bread and butter and you need to always have energy to cast it. If you're spamming W all the time then you won't be able to taunt when you need it the most.
lol u fail at trolling moron nah idk the guy but the build did help me get outa my rut with shen
now i play him rele well actually but w.e floats ur boat


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AoNeS

Junior Member

03-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdjaks View Post
3/4 of his skills scale well with AP and we're trying to make him into an auto attack dpser? Go play Sion or Mundo if you want to crit hard.
Only reason i dont like the AP is because his shield already blocks for a lot and it doesn't take that much time to teleport. His W is apparently worthless so i've been told by a lot of people on this forum lol. I can see how it would be good because his Q's lifesteal part is affected by ap. but another ignorant person doesn't try the build and shoots it down... kinda getting old lol.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zirun

Senior Member

03-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AoNeS View Post
I'm just saying i've had nothing but 3-1 kill ratios and more with this build and people can atleast try it before hating on it. So either your right and this build sucks and im doing extremely well with a very bad build whichs makes me god, 2 shens op (maybe), 3 the build works and people to ignorant to try it lol.
Anybody can put DPS items on a non-DPS champ and do well against bad players, especially if the champ has tank or support abilities (Soraka, Taric, Shen, Janna, etc.). DPS items scale better than all other items. It's what makes physical champions so good late game, and it can make any champion do well against an uncoordinated team or inexperienced opponents.

That doesn't mean that you'll be useful to your team, just that you'll kill stuff.

Shen makes a terrible DPS champion. If you want to play a DPS champion, there are many with better range or abilities that increase their damage. A team is much better off with a real DPS champion + Shen as a tank/support than Shen as DPS + some other champion being a tank/support.

Aside from that, taunting enemies isn't nearly as strong if you can't live through the focus fire you'll get. Not to mention that being a DPS with a taunt is very, very bad. You'll either be gimped in the CC department (and an AoE taunt is such a huge thing to waste) or you'll get focused in a fight and not be able to do damage. Lose-lose, imo.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fedrex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

03-27-2010

aright listen please lmao ppl are getting technical bs for NO REASON NOOOO RAISIN AT ALL
my games i go for leviathan first i get my 20 stacks QUICKly while im just focusing on feint and dash the dash to bring enemies to me and my lane mate and the feint (shield) to survive then i get tabi to get the dodge up make it harder to hit me while i got shield up and i got someone taunted...then i go for the mallet cause ppl try running after the rape of taunting them to me and lane mate now i got alot of HP insanely more than fakin pure tanks at this point and i can tank casters with all my magic resist glyphs so after the mallet im getting my wardens mail so AS i lure to my mates and tank with shield and allll my **** hp theyr gonna get some slow to move and attack speed from wardens now ima start focusing on Q skill to catch the runners or add to team dps this IS A SUPPORT CHAR that can defend and ***King hold his own in battle stop fkin trolling abt hes fail dps hes as dps as a tank can get lmao..... and as for the ult iv saved ppl countless times with this...
now with my **** load of HP ima get ATMAS the BANE OF TANK DAMAGE O_O now i can deffinatley finish ppl off or make em run........and finally ur choice but i choose bloodrazor to make me a much more deadly of a tank seriouslly ppl i mean everyone has diff play styles but dont hate from ignorance and failure to try things out ....F**K
THANKS BYE!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AoNeS

Junior Member

03-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirun View Post
Anybody can put DPS items on a non-DPS champ and do well against bad players, especially if the champ has tank or support abilities (Soraka, Taric, Shen, Janna, etc.). DPS items scale better than all other items. It's what makes physical champions so good late game, and it can make any champion do well against an uncoordinated team or inexperienced opponents.

That doesn't mean that you'll be useful to your team, just that you'll kill stuff.

Shen makes a terrible DPS champion. If you want to play a DPS champion, there are many with better range or abilities that increase their damage. A team is much better off with a real DPS champion + Shen as a tank/support than Shen as DPS + some other champion being a tank/support.

Aside from that, taunting enemies isn't nearly as strong if you can't live through the focus fire you'll get. Not to mention that being a DPS with a taunt is very, very bad. You'll either be gimped in the CC department (and an AoE taunt is such a huge thing to waste) or you'll get focused in a fight and not be able to do damage. Lose-lose, imo.
3k hp + spamming w means i can't tank. If you use W right then you can tank anything and it takes very good timing, awarness and skill to use it right. I already clarified that my matches were against good players (for the most part) and some better than me, and even in losing games i'd get a high number of kills + assists. This isn't a full dps build. Its also tank. If you can't tank with 3k hp, 3.5k with 20 charges + 15% damage reduction then you shouldn't be playing at all.


123