Shen - Advance Build : Occult and Leviathan

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AoNeS

03-27-2010

QUICK INTRODUCTION

This build is my own unique build. It turns a tank hero into tank dps (kind of op might be nerfed but until then i will use it regularly as shen)

I have been doing a lot of different Shen builds against very good players and i really do enjoy doing this build. This build truely relies on your personal skill as a player, if you are not a very good player i do not recommend this build at all. I probably have a lot of spelling errors because i just tiped dis out. <------like this.

I so far have a 11-2 win ratio with shen using this build. ( 15 - 4 overall ) After the Leviathan

Stonewall008 also has a jungling guide with Shen. I use a variation of this sometimes but if you want to know how to jungle with Shen https://www.leagueoflegends.com/boar...hen+Hero+Guide

SHEN'S ABBILITIES

Ki Strike - Every 8 seconds, Shen's next attack deals bonus damage.

Vorpal Blade - Damages target unit and life taps him, healing allies that attack the target.
Deals 60/100/140/180/220 (+0.6) magic damage to target unit. That unit becomes life tapped for 5 seconds, healing any champions who attack it for 15/30/45/60/75 +(0.2 Ability Power Ratio) health over 3 seconds.

Feint - Shen blocks damage from the next champion attack or spell.
Shen defends the next champion spell or attack, blocking up to 50/115/180/245/310 (+0.3) damage; lasts for 1 source of damage or 2 seconds.

Shadow Dash - Shen dashes rapidly toward a target location, taunting enemy champions he encounters.
Shen rapidly dashes to a target location, Taunting enemies he collides with for 0.8/1.1/1.4/1.7/2 second(s).
Restores 40 Energy if you hit a champion.

Stand United - Shen shields himself and a target ally from incoming damage, and soon after teleports to their location.
Places a shield on both a target allied champion and Shen, absorbing 400/600/800 (+1) damage for 8.5 seconds (Shen's shield absorbs half as much damage). After channeling for 2.5 seconds, Shen teleports to the target's location.

Skill Order

EWEWERWEWERWQQQRQQ

This skill order really relies on your abbility to spam the sh*t out of w. His shield at level 5 blocks 310 damage every 2 seconds and with 10 Leviathan Charges + Frozen Mallet you have 3k Hp (Without Runes or Masteries) 10 Leviathan charges is just 5 assists. If you can't manage that then you shouldn't be doing this build, or maybe even playing shen at all lol.

OR
EWQEWRQEWQREWQERWQ

Masteries
I Personally use 29 in Offensive Masteries and use the 1 mastery in Utility that makes your Ghost move faster

Runes
Varies by player. I use Armor Penetration
(Also Can Use)
Health + Armor Runes
Damage Runes
Attack Speed Runes

Summoner Spells
Ghost - Flash - Heal
I usually use Ghost and Flash because with this build if you die you can use a lot of health + damage.

Items!

I'm not going to say what regen items to get or health potions because it varies from game to game. Some games you can go straight into Leviathan with a Ruby Crystal without any regen items depending on your lane partner + your opposing heroes.

1. Leviathan
2. Boots of Swiftness
3. Sword of the Occult
4. Frozen Mallet
5. Madredís Bloodrazor
6. The Blood Thirster

5 & 6 Sometimes i also go Last Whisper and The Black Cleaver for armor penetration.
Justification

1. You want to get Leviathan as soon as possible because the health will play a crucial role as the game progresses
2. I use boots just because i like the extra movement speed if you want to switch it up with a different boot it wont affect the build that much. (+ In games where they are AP heavy you may need the +35 Magic resistance)
3. Its very hard to kill Shen and i usually have no problem getting to 20 charges and even 10 charges gives +50 damage for the price of 1369.
4. Hp + Damage + Slow can't really argue this.
5 & 6 These 2 items REALLY depend on your opponents heroes. It's pretty safe to go with Madred's Bloodrazor + Thirster just cause its attack speed & massive damage. But there may be games where you will have to go Banshee's Viel to counter for massive AP heroes.

Tips
-Don't tower dive and lose charges
-Don't try and 1v5
-Don't stick around if you have under 100 hp and you want to try and snipe a kill
In other words don't be a F*cking r*tard (Palin don't flip out)

Lynxion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-27-2010

No, Shen is AP or Tank, nothing else. None of his skills support DPS.

Thoreau

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-27-2010

E-W-E-W-E-R-W-E-W-E-R-W-Q-Q-Q-R-Q-Q

How does this skill set have any synergy with DPS? You have no skills that support it.

You're taking a strong tank and turning him into an auto-attack hero.

marlbor0

03-27-2010

Yeah really i would like to hear how W or E is better than Q as first skill even, W is so low that wont do much even againts lv1 parrley and despite de Q healing is rly low, its a haras skill. I got so many kills even fb's with exaust+ignite and Q while they run, E would work too but Q is my personal preference for starters.

Actually i was hoping that W was gona be something like sivir E but omfg they made a hero (shen) with only 3 skills(Q,E,R)...lol

Also i never seen AP shen, all the shen iv seen not stacking HP/Armor got owned bad or got carried bad, AP can be good for suport but then you sacrifice HP, you must be good and know what you doing.

Shen best budy is his pasive, huge HP + armor pen = every Ki hit will be massive.

AoNeS

03-27-2010

the reason W is so good is because of the 2 second cool down that blocks 310 + hp i beleive at level 5. I personally like making him a tank for about the first 15 minutes and turning him into tank/dps at level 16+ which is why i get his Q last. Also with the Leviathan at 10 charges + Frozen Mallet you get 3.2k hp, and being able to block 300 damage every 2 seconds + ghost + flash or heal makes him really difficult to kill.

Quote:
No, Shen is AP or Tank, nothing else. None of his skills support DPS.
Not true. I can't say that this build is better than a pure tank build cause the tank build is also very good. But 100% this is better than AP Shen, hands down no question. Try it first.
Could of Atleast tried it be for voting me down

treegun

03-27-2010

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=81743

learn my friend.. learn
W costs too much energy to spam and wastes your best ability.. DASH. Hope it feels good to watch your team get slaughtered :-P

AoNeS

03-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by treegun View Post
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=81743

learn my friend.. learn
W costs too much energy to spam and wastes your best ability.. DASH. Hope it feels good to watch your team get slaughtered :-P
I actually read your guide before making mine lol. I disagree with the hating on W, i'll give it time though. Probably won't be a while till people think Shen can be DPS its like all the heroes when they first come out. When my friend just told me when he first posted his Elxir build on Shaco everyone hated on it. Now you see lots of people go elxir first on shaco.

rEv3

03-27-2010

Leviathan + Atma's, all you need.

fedrex

03-27-2010

thanks a bunch dude ur guide helped me ALOT with my shen game he deff is a tank/dps
whoever says otherwise is kinda ignorant to those abilities but i advise giving it a go
i go with leviathan, ninja tabi, forzen mallet then wardens and so on iv found this to be very effective at saving my teammates and tanking and also killing so thanks heaps

AoNeS

03-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rEv3 View Post
Leviathan + Atma's, all you need.
wow i feel so noob, going to try getting this after occult then mallet then ... infi maybe. see how it works.

Just tried adding Atma's... ended the game 12-7-14 and lost cause it was 4v5 entire game and they all went thornsmail to counter me.