#1 Method of Escaping ELO Hell

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Good Manco

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn3aks View Post
in fact i can count the games ive lost where ive played bad with bad k/d/ ratio and bad cs on my hands and still be able to suck my thumb and put a finger in somewhere else
That alone illustrates you dont know what playing bad means. Playing bad is doing anything wrong from "perfect", whatever that may be.

FPS games are simple. An idiot can do well at fps games, especially modes like TDM or DM, all it takes is some practice (cal-m/i here back when it was around). While saying that, I understand I simply do not have any idea about why some players act how they do in this game. I know that until I learn these enigmas, I will not be a top player.

You may have feeders on your team, but you still have to analyse what is going on. Elo hell (900 and under) is not simply a place you're stuck in, its a place where the worst players go every single time if they dont abuse the system or change their habits. In the end everyone is just as likely to have bad players on their team, it is how you deal with them that makes the difference.
--------------------------------------------------------
Look at the game as more of a stock market than an FPS. You have thousands of options of what to do every second, what "stocks" to buy and sell. Whether you win or not depends on how you use the information you have to buy and sell stocks. Something in your brain is making you choose poorly. Dont blame the TV feeding you information when similar people are using that exact same information and becoming rich. Blame yourself for how you are using the information it provides.

The Good Manco

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EggplantEggplant View Post
No matter how many times people claim this works, it doesn't. You should never blame yourself for losing games. A lost game is the end-product of a thousand thousand decisions, and blaming one person specifically for causing the loss(except in certain circumstances at certain levels of play) is incorrect. However, never blame yourself for a loss. That is the number 1 reason players will experience tilt. Blaming yourself for losses will never, ever make you better. You need to blame yourself for individual mistakes and nothing else.
You blame yourself for the loss because the mistakes are not often self evident. Blame yourself for the loss to get a wider view of what happened and look at the complex system of the game as a whole to see what could be changed. Sure you can say "I overextended 2 times" but that didnt cause the loss, and fixing it wont make you win. The idea is to simply analyse as much as is useful, and see if changing it makes an improvement.

Fishous

01-30-2012

I don't know. When you have a guy who insists on Heimer bot and we have 3 APs on our team already, it's hard for me to blame myself. It's also hard when Nunu says he'll play support but then he autoattacks constantly and doesn't buy a single ward all game (no exaggeration). I try to blame myself, because I know I'm the constant variable, but god **** it's getting harder and harder as I keep dropping.

Selcopa

01-30-2012

The chances are you didnt play perfectly, so even though someone else may have caused the loss harder, there were things you did that you could have done better

What this does is when you clean up mistakes on games you were gonna lose anyways, it means that you wont make those mistakes when they actually do matter

ephinez

01-30-2012

or they could just somehow make the ranked ques better so that even if you lose the game you should lose less elo if say you did the best on your team if you got the most assists etc. it is a team game thats why team play is most important, but when the teams fall apart an they try to be "heroes" it doesnt work most of the time.

Kansei

01-30-2012

Yes, your teammates will be bad. You have to expect this. Regardless whatever else happens, you can always choose to be the guy that gets fed, choose to be the guy making plays, choose to be the guy to be ridiculous. I didn't read this particular post, but I changed my attitude about ranked and went from 880 to 1200 by winning 12 ranked games in a row (2 of them were 4v5s). Waffled around there for a while, and now ive won my last 7 games in a row. Occasionally you lose games that you could have played better, the point is to just not worry about your rating and figure out how to take advantage of the other teams play. They are in low elo for a reason

TeanCookies

01-30-2012

No guys its cool guy left the game it was totally our fault.

I wish you guys werent dense about this Elo hell business. Its not your fault if someone leaves for whatever reason.

Sure you can blame yourself for an afk maybe you said something wrong or a feeder because maybe you didnt play to your fullest but there is absolutly NOTHING to be done about a leaver

Kansei

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeanCookies View Post
No guys its cool guy left the game it was totally our fault.

I wish you guys werent dense about this Elo hell business. Its not your fault if someone leaves for whatever reason.

Sure you can blame yourself for an afk maybe you said something wrong or a feeder because maybe you didnt play to your fullest but there is absolutly NOTHING to be done about a leaver
Carry harder, not joking. It is completely possible if you are really miles better than people in low elo. I've seen people do this with alistar like it was nothing, solo stealing barons and stuff. As the support!

So yes, not your fault if someone leaves, but the game is still completely winnable.

Selcopa

01-30-2012

Cookies if you want to try to get better i'd be more than willing to help you by watching your replays and giving you advice on things you need to get better.

ELO Hell is a state of mind, its the feeling of "I can't do anything more to win these games"

I've gone over many players replays and they all feel this way, however after I talk to them about the game they felt that way in, they realise so much more they can do. So far almost all of them have gained over 150 ELO after having me review just one of their games.

Tripc0de

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by amumulessthan3 View Post
i'm guessing you will be streaming this?
yup, smurf's not close to 30 yet, only level 15. Probably going to be playing free week champs, ad ryze, and whatever champs I got proper rune set ups for by then.