#1 Method of Escaping ELO Hell

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DuffTime

06-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsKill View Post
It can be done

When normal mm was disabled I got to play with a 2k elo player.

If the guy I played with can carry 3 feeders, go 40-5, AND stretch the game to 45 minutes then what is the problem here? It has been proven over and over that high elo players can "carry" themselves out of "elo hell." I'm not high myself but I accept that I have flaws in my gameplay that I need to fix. Also ask yourself this, "Am I really skilled enough to be in the top 3% of players?" if you say no then you are most likely at your eloo.
Exactly.

Cameren

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-17-2011

You're full of ****, I'm not blaming my self when I get matched up with people who have down syndrome.

SeCKS Egai

06-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyphier View Post
Ask yourself why each time. Why you died, why you lost, why the enemy snowballed, why they had so much map control. Then think what you could have done about it.

If you were out of position, stand behind the tanks more often. Maybe take Flash Ghost or Flash Cleanse if the enemy has a lot of divers going for you.

If you died because you took a risk to get a kill, ask yourself if that was worth the risk. What would have happened if you didn't risk it? If you had a streak, a buff, or meijai stacks, chances are you shouldn't risk it.

If you die before level 6, the enemy will have a significant level advantage on you, and my zone you because they reached their ultimate earlier. Taking risks at this level is much more dangerous, thus you have to be sure it's worth it when you do.

Reacting to feeding team mates is a whole different matter, depends on your enemies lineup and your champions role. You got to figure out what's the best way to prevent him from continue the feed while minimizing your expense.

Did you buy enough wards? Even carries have to buy wards for hotspots. It delays your core items, but it allows you to farm safer once you spot enemies on the map by using the process of elimination. Protects team mates who enjoy facechecking bushes too.
You know its funny, I think about this stuff and I'll still hear a level 30 complain to me about not contributing enough even tho he's played far longer than I have and takes far more unnecessary risk. Even if I've got the best KDR on the team and dealt some of the highest if not highest dmg, people still find ways to blame you. Trying to explain your logic and the weakness in their own is pointless because their minds are set.

DixieNormus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-18-2011

Why would I blame myself when hobaggish autistic b a s tards feed half of the game and then leave. If anyone I blame you, OP, for ruining my livelihood and forcing me to pay child support twice a month to keep your ass out of my life.

Deathfairy

06-18-2011

Back when this thread started i was 900 elo, i came to basically same conclusion as OP now up to almost 1300. Sure it will be wiped out in couple of days, but i did make it out.

GingerBeardMan

01-30-2012

Or... you could just cheat the system as I assume several people have... Simply create a new account, select beginner on the experience question, meet the minimum ranked requirements and then queue dodge on it till the account drops to like 500 elo. Then take your main account, and play your 10 placement matches as a duo queue with that account. You will start at 1200 and be dragged down to somewhere around 800 to compensate for your terrible friend, which if you can't beat people at this elo you really do deserve to be there, and you will win 9 out of your 10 games. Then you instantly shoot up to 1500~ and whalla you are out of elo hell!

Unfortunately, you will most likely not be able to handle the competition because you think elo hell is the 800 elo range and therefore will just fall horribly by becoming the feeder you hate so much or you will finally be near the elo range you deserve to be at and you will either break even or win a few more than you lose until you stabalize.

GingerBeardMan

01-30-2012

Holy freaking necro... I didn't even pay attention to how old this post was, my bad... I got here from googling a config question...

Tripc0de

01-30-2012

profact:
If you cannot carry for yourself, you deserve to be worse than your own elo hell.
If you can only carry for yourself, you are at your elo hell.
If you can carry for 2, you have a slight chance to get above your elo hell.
If you can carry for 3, you will have a chance to get out of your own elo hell.
If you can carry for 4 while doing troll items, go stream it.

-making a smurf, going to leave till 0 elo, then get back up to 1300-1400~ np. Will probably do trollbuilds until 1200 or so.
hell, I'll even do triplestacks or ultimate bravery, and STILL win.

Op's somewhat right; blame yourself for being in that elo range, as its your own fault you can't carry for 3-4 feeders.

Oh, and there's no such thing as elo hell.

Case-in-point-s1 i thought elo hell was 1200-1300. s2, I'm grinding 1400-1500.

Also, I'm terribad at this game; I can only carry for 2-3 at my elo atm.

amumulessthan3

01-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripc0de View Post
profact:
If you cannot carry for yourself, you deserve to be worse than your own elo hell.
If you can only carry for yourself, you are at your elo hell.
If you can carry for 2, you have a slight chance to get above your elo hell.
If you can carry for 3, you will have a chance to get out of your own elo hell.
If you can carry for 4 while doing troll items, go stream it.

-making a smurf, going to leave till 0 elo, then get back up to 1300-1400~ np. Will probably do trollbuilds until 1200 or so.
hell, I'll even do triplestacks or ultimate bravery, and STILL win.

Op's somewhat right; blame yourself for being in that elo range, as its your own fault you can't carry for 3-4 feeders.

Oh, and there's no such thing as elo hell.

Case-in-point-s1 i thought elo hell was 1200-1300. s2, I'm grinding 1400-1500.

Also, I'm terribad at this game; I can only carry for 2-3 at my elo atm.
i'm guessing you will be streaming this?

EggplantEggplant

Recruiter

01-30-2012

No matter how many times people claim this works, it doesn't. You should never blame yourself for losing games. A lost game is the end-product of a thousand thousand decisions, and blaming one person specifically for causing the loss(except in certain circumstances at certain levels of play) is incorrect. However, never blame yourself for a loss. That is the number 1 reason players will experience tilt. Blaming yourself for losses will never, ever make you better. You need to blame yourself for individual mistakes and nothing else.