I'm terrible at SC2, I need some help.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

goldemerald

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2010

I've been playing Zerg mostly, Ive tried multiple rushes, fast expands, super turtle... but I always lose if they attack me first. My hardest RAGE was when he sent 3 hellions and killed most my workers.

But I always win if I can get 20 or more mutlisks ( I just stack them, makes it easy to kill anything), but that usually takes 15mins.

Any good strats? Ive tried looking up some, but there usually isn't any commentary so I'm not sure if what the guy is doing (maybe what he's doing is just situational).

UnholyTerror

03-26-2010

I'm pretty bad myself but always watch your replays and watch what your enemy does closely. It's helped me to improve my game a bit especially watching replays where I get completely stomped I usually pick up some new things to try out.

TL Phrost

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldemerald View Post
I've been playing Zerg mostly, Ive tried multiple rushes, fast expands, super turtle... but I always lose if they attack me first. My hardest RAGE was when he sent 3 hellions and killed most my workers.

But I always win if I can get 20 or more mutlisks ( I just stack them, makes it easy to kill anything), but that usually takes 15mins.

Any good strats? Ive tried looking up some, but there usually isn't any commentary so I'm not sure if what the guy is doing (maybe what he's doing is just situational).

a pretty decently successful build is
overlord
pool + scout
gas
queen
overlord

from there decide if you want to go roaches or speed lings and tech for muta.

Generally I'll try to scout a terran and if i only see one barracks and one refinery i can assume a heavy mineral build. Expanding versus terran is usually a good idea and you can use your natural expand to put creep and make spine crawlers to block your ramp with a few roaches. you can use ~ 4-5 spinecrawlers and like 4 roaches to block your natural and main from being harassed by hellions.

If terran is going heavy infantry switch up to early banelings and leave them outside your exo as land mines. Zerglings rock mauraders and banelings demolish marines.

If it gets very turtly with tanks you can throw a nydus worm near a terran mineral line and with the nerfs to scv hp it only takes 2 banelings to kill like 6 scvs

Wana

03-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldemerald View Post

Got a beta invite you can send me so I can help you up and personal? From vids I've watched:

6pool
Roach den
Roach army
Hydralisks
Nydus Worm
Ultralisk
GG

Raiku

03-27-2010

Zerg are pretty micro heavy. I say they tie with Protoss, and Terrans being the easiest.

Roach is easy mode. Not sure how they are after the nerf.

Anything, just Roach + Hydralisk