[VIDEO - GUIDE] POPPY - WTF... a little smurf owns the battlefield?!?!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

exploreforce

06-09-2011

^^

exploreforce

06-09-2011

almost reached 400 subs! awesome! <3

Teldin

06-09-2011

This was an excellent guide, thanks for making it! Having never played Poppy before it definitely makes me want to give her a shot.

exploreforce

06-09-2011

thank you!!!

Kreicus

06-09-2011

There a 'tank' poppy build? or does her ultimate kinda make her tank w/o changing items much? Seems like poppy can cover AP/AD and tank roles as needed by the team

OMG Laserguns

06-09-2011

I think you're over-estimating the effectiveness of Poppy's passive, but otherwise a fairly good guide. The main purpose of Poppy's passive, I've found, is to stop you from getting nuked down instantly when you ulti an AP carry, but it normally won't do much against most auto-attack champs (unless they're Nasus or have insane crit chance/damage) and will do nothing against DoT spells.

I normally play AP Poppy, and for her core items, I think Abyssal Scepter is better than Rabadon's Deathcap, for a couple of reasons. Between Armour seals and her W, Poppy will have about 135 armour, but Merc Treads + Lich Bane is only giving you 85 MR, leaving you a lot more vulnerable to AP casters. Secondly, the magic penetration. Sorc boots are nice, but in probably 90% of games you're going to want Merc Treads instead, so the MR reduction from Abyssal is really handy. That it's a passive aura is just extra nice. And thirdly, Abyssal Scepter is 1000 gold cheaper. Poppy is a fairly poor farmer, and having your core build that much cheaper is nice. Obviously if the enemy team is really AD heavy with little/no AP, the Abyssal loses some of it's strengths.

And for both AD and AP Poppy, I really think the starting items should be Sapphire Crystal + 2 Health Potions > Sheen. If you're putting off Sheen in order to get a Philosopher's Stone, you're doing it wrong.

Edit: Oh, and one thing I forgot, in the guide you said that her ulti gives her a 60% damage buff. This is wrong, it/s 20/30/40% damage increase from all attacks/abilities/items/summoners, not a flat 60%.

ComanderMolander

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-09-2011

you get his e way too late, you should not be focusing on kills with rupture, spikes sustains your health by making last hits a breeze. with spikes at lv 1 you can laugh at harassment while you heal back from last hits

exploreforce

06-10-2011

ah

exploreforce

06-10-2011

400 subs so awesome! thx

exploreforce

06-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG Laserguns View Post
I think you're over-estimating the effectiveness of Poppy's passive, but otherwise a fairly good guide. The main purpose of Poppy's passive, I've found, is to stop you from getting nuked down instantly when you ulti an AP carry, but it normally won't do much against most auto-attack champs (unless they're Nasus or have insane crit chance/damage) and will do nothing against DoT spells.

I normally play AP Poppy, and for her core items, I think Abyssal Scepter is better than Rabadon's Deathcap, for a couple of reasons. Between Armour seals and her W, Poppy will have about 135 armour, but Merc Treads + Lich Bane is only giving you 85 MR, leaving you a lot more vulnerable to AP casters. Secondly, the magic penetration. Sorc boots are nice, but in probably 90% of games you're going to want Merc Treads instead, so the MR reduction from Abyssal is really handy. That it's a passive aura is just extra nice. And thirdly, Abyssal Scepter is 1000 gold cheaper. Poppy is a fairly poor farmer, and having your core build that much cheaper is nice. Obviously if the enemy team is really AD heavy with little/no AP, the Abyssal loses some of it's strengths.

And for both AD and AP Poppy, I really think the starting items should be Sapphire Crystal + 2 Health Potions > Sheen. If you're putting off Sheen in order to get a Philosopher's Stone, you're doing it wrong.

Edit: Oh, and one thing I forgot, in the guide you said that her ulti gives her a 60% damage buff. This is wrong, it/s 20/30/40% damage increase from all attacks/abilities/items/summoners, not a flat 60%.
Yeah I get your points with the item build, but i think Phil stone is awesome. You can sell it after having it for 5 min and get back the same costs you bought it for and you have awesome mana reg / ap reg which i think is necessary in the earlygame. you need sheen once you are lvl 6 and then you have it still with phil stone.

For the ultimate: is that true? when i klick at my ultimate symbol when i am lvl 16 it says 60% increased... i thought they upbuffed it, or just the tooltip is wrong :s