Ashe Carrying the Team by Hi Thar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MagicChicken

03-29-2010

HOLY ****!

I got the runes to try this build, and it has been an AMAZING improvement! I was a decent Ashe, something like 60 and 35, but I could never really dominate early game. I went for IE first, but also needed a chalice, and move speed to rotate lanes quick. Also, I usually built up my crits to accentuate the IE, but it took awhile to get all the items I wanted. My biggest contribution 1-12 was the ult in other lanes, and I HAD to win mid in creep kills (and not die), to be awesome.

Well, tonight I went 3 and 1 (the loss was a 4v5 for the 1st 15 mins, until a yi decinded to come back and feed for the rest). In each of the wins, I was involved with maybe 90% of the team kills, and doing just a TON of damage. I was out farmed by an ashe who did my old build, and I still did twice as good as her in the end of the game because of the stacks.

For what I can tell the beauty of this build is getting damage and getting it FAST. Because you get it so fast, you can help and kill early ... which in turns helps build up stacks. By the time the "group" portion of the game gets going, You've usually gotten 10 stax on each item, which well than makes up for their cost, and puts you ahead of other DPS/carries in terms of damage & survivability.

Hate the stack items? just sell them! By late/group times in the game, you'll have plenty of $$$ neways! I never needed to do that though, b/c my dominance ended helped push the games to their end. Bear in mind, none of my 3 wins were "steamrolls" either ... all were even team kills (b/c teammates can be noobs) ... it didn't matter, this build made me that dominant.

best yet, it helped me w/ my biggest ashe weakness ... survivability.

Kudos!

The Real RoTaN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2010

Interesting guide, might have to try it out. Been doing very well using Wetdreams' guide and never had an issue getting kills or buying my items. If I try it out I'll comment on it, very well written.

Nucmam

03-30-2010

I've been playing Ashe with Leviathan lately it works pretty well if your not a feeder. I would say this guide is for the smarter Ashe players out there. My item build is similar to yours except I don't get Occulus. I don't like the idea of having two snowball items. If your team fails your items are really going to fail. Overall a great guide. I pretty much been playing Ashe and building him similar to you with a couple variations and haven't lost much lately.

ntrz

03-31-2010

rushing brutalizer has been my build for a long time and have caught tons of flack for it by opposing players (mostly because they have died 3 or 4x by lvl 10 and have eaten 2 or 3 arrows).

I have also been using chalice with attack speed seals, and recently moved to using mp5/level seals instead. this has been the biggest difference maker for me because instead of spending money on a chalice, it frees you up to buy a leviathan which I believe is the biggest difference in our builds. While some people may think its a cheesball item, because ashe's survivability is so low and her ability to get assists is so great, you're at 20 stacks before you know it, and are now incredibly difficult to kill. If their team is loaded with melee i usually buy a red elixir and ninja tabi for giggles and have around 3500 hp. Im at +30 win/loss with ashe now, and in the last 3 days of buying leviathan i have had better k/d ratios than ever. If you aren't buying leviathans on ashe, you sir are wrong.

I also don't get SoTO, instead I'll get Wits which is awesome attackspeed and the mresist on it is also huge. The damage from it also is something to be reckoned with. Since your damage against most casters is already pretty intense with armor pen runes, going ahead and adding that extra punch in the face of taking most of their mana while you're blowing them up is huge in my opinion.

I am questioning whether I should get mresist/level glyphs though, or hp/level or just flat armor. seeing as my experience with getting steamrolled really only comes from encounters with melee toons (jax/yi/eve etc).

opinions?

Nanaz

03-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntrz View Post
I also don't get SoTO, instead I'll get Wits which is awesome attackspeed and the mresist on it is also huge. The damage from it also is something to be reckoned with. Since your damage against most casters is already pretty intense with armor pen runes, going ahead and adding that extra punch in the face of taking most of their mana while you're blowing them up is huge in my opinion.
I do like the MR on the Wits end but my problem with it is that it doesn't help your volley at all, which is why i go with a heavy + damage build.(i.e. SotO) Another problem I have with Wit's End is that more often than not, especially later in the game when mana isn't usually an issue for most, if you attack them enough times for them to be running out of mana, odds are that they are already dead. With this said however I am doing testing on something other than a SotO, as I'm not sure that its the best choice in the upper ELOs.

Quote:
I am questioning whether I should get mresist/level glyphs though, or hp/level or just flat armor. seeing as my experience with getting steamrolled really only comes from encounters with melee toons (jax/yi/eve etc).
MR Per level is blue primary while Armor and HP are yellow primary. So its comparing the MR runes against a secondary, which would be pretty much saying that the MR would be useless. I dunno, when Annie decides that I'm the one that she wants to combo then I'm pretty thankful for some MR.

ntrz

04-01-2010

of the games i've been having recently, they don't go past 25mins if my carry is just rolling (which it has been a lot lately). So I have been going with wits because it destroys champs like blitz/poppy or other real mana intensive champs (poppy uses 2 abilities and gets hit 4-5x by me, 0 mana mid game).

still not really digging on SotO though...

decided that mr/level is probably the best way to go for blues....

ntrz

04-05-2010

started buying a pick/cape for early IE building instead of buying SotO, working pretty well imo.

Nanaz

04-05-2010

Quote:
started buying a pick/cape for early IE building instead of buying SotO, working pretty well imo.
Yeah I've been toying with this here and there. The cape is not an option though... just the pickaxe (The extra % chance to crit is a pretty poor itemization for ashe so early in the game). So it would look something like this instead:

brutalizer
basic boots
pickaxe
level 2 boots
leviathan
Last Whisper
Infinity edge
Bloodthirster

I need to do more testing though, been busy with spring break =p

ntrz

04-06-2010

brut
lvl1boots
leviathan
pickaxe
lvl2boots
lastwhisper
sell brut->IE

is what i'm going with, if the game gets that far. but depending on the team i will buy a black cleaver over the thirster. if i need the extra pen, i will cleaver it, but if they are running a 1 tank team, i'll get a thirster.

Belial

04-10-2010

Can you tell me exactly what to buy for the runes? I can't tell by looking at the picture >.<

Thanks

And this is my build:
Regrowth Pendant
Catalyst the Protector (get this one first trip back)
Berserker's Greaves (get this one first trip back)
B. F. Sword
Last Whisper
Infinity Edge
The Black Cleaver
and so on