Help me understand placement/pairing

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Metasin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2010

Could someone help me understand team placement and how one gets paired with others and the team they are vs?

I have repeatedly been in games where I am the highest on my team (18) and the other teams will have 3 lvl 30's an 19 and a 26. Pretty much what I just finished getting owned in. My team was me a 16 a 10 a 9! and a 15.

I am having a hard time understanding why that would be a fair match? Not even skill can make up for the amount of runes lvl 30's can have.

Some help on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

martyrAD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2010

its a fail on the Match making part. we all get it, it sucks, but nothing we can do about it yet. find some friends and play pre-mades?

Abrictavus

03-26-2010

Don't try to understand matchmaking. It's going to be your worst enemy until it's fixed.

EnderA

03-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metasin View Post
Could someone help me understand team placement and how one gets paired with others and the team they are vs?

I have repeatedly been in games where I am the highest on my team (18) and the other teams will have 3 lvl 30's an 19 and a 26. Pretty much what I just finished getting owned in. My team was me a 16 a 10 a 9! and a 15.

I am having a hard time understanding why that would be a fair match? Not even skill can make up for the amount of runes lvl 30's can have.

Some help on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance
The matchmaking system is always fair... from the point of view of the matchmaking system. It predicts the outcome of games to be around 50/50, but often it's wrong. However, since every loss brings you against easier opponents and every win brings you against harder opponents, you should center in equilibrium against fair opponents.

It will get better for you.