Lux best item to rush?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malrock3

06-07-2011

I like the meki's into a fiendish then sorc shoes and NL rod into rabbonds. At some point swinging back around to finish the fiendish codex into a morello's after deathcap is done.

Boomstick II

06-07-2011

When I play Lux I rush level 1 boots + a Kage's (sometimes even two if I'm doing well)

The boots help you keep your distance early game when most people don't have them or only have level 1 boots like you (I run MS quints btw, so getting boots gives me a bigger advantage than most other people when they get their boots)

The Kage's pay themselves off after about 15-18 min assuming you sell them back, and even if you sell them back earlier they still pay off a decent chunk of their cost.

Then you get your level 2 boots and straight for rabadons. Should put you at about 300 AP, which is then a decent enough reason for me to get lich bane (+ap and a +400 dmg proc, and more MS? sounds good to me). After that it depends on the team... sometimes void, sometimes morellos, sometimes I'll turn a kage's into a DFG (not usually though). just depends. I never build survivability though, your MS and your range should be all you need to stay alive.

** RUSH Kage's, boots, and rabadons. Other items depends on the other team.

Jonbro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2011

When I play Lux, I don't ever go for catalyst items because with her super long ranged spells, I see no reason for tankiness. Instead, spend your gold on Soulstealer, Archangel's Staff, and Rabadon's Deathcap to let them have it from long range. If you use your CC wisely and position appropriately, you can pass up buying extra health altogether. It's definitely not a safe way to play her though, so I'm assuming you can hit the skill shots when it counts.

SlimJimm13

06-07-2011

My friend dominates on Lux by stacking her passive with Sheen. It's hilarious how much she can burst with that early game.

Ripjaws

06-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereTaco View Post
Not everyone rations their mana well in the early game and the tear turns you from a oneshot heavy hitter into a harasser and great skirmisher. You do not really need it early and that is why the tear is recommended a bit later for Lux. You know, after she can start spell spamming.
I think you bring up a good point. Not everyone rations their mana well.

And players need to learn how to do this without resorting to items which won't help them.

A tear into an AA is a wasted item on Lux. She will NEVER consume that much mana, and getting an item simply for your early game that will never help you late game is a bad idea. (Not referring to you, but someone later in this thread stated they get a tear for the laning phase.)

My regen is fine with Lux and I can still harass quite often...

But I'm in ranked, (ELO Hell) and it seems every single caster in this game is building a tear when they really shouldn't. Malzahar does not need a tear, Lux does not need a tear.

Callmekevin

06-08-2011

1 - start off with dorans ring
2 - go back to get boots and start majais
3 - go back to get sorc boots and/or finish of mejai's
4 - then depending on the comp, deathcap if there aren't any pressing concerns
abyssal cepter if they are magic heavy, zhonyas if they are ad heavy (almost never need
this as lux tho since she is so powerful away from the scruff of a battle)
5 - if you didnt get deathcap, nows the time. if you did, now is the time for void staff
6 - gg

so basically, i always rush majais since it so easy to stack as lux

gom99

06-08-2011

It all depends what you mean by rush.

I think the best item to rush is going to be philosopher stone. I actually build 2 philo stones.

But if you mean how do you get a good early to mid game offense? Then that answer would be sorc shoes. Dropping people's resists by 20 along with masteries, and runes is quite devastating early game. After that NLR is a great bang for buck item. Getting a quick NLR is like an AD char grabbing a quick BF sword. It's even more devastating because you have sorc shoes, runes & masteries to back it up.