Lux best item to rush?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Seelyon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2011

Catalyst & Fiendish Codex are too good early game items depending if you need more mana regeneration (lots of skirmishes with lane partners) or more survivability and sustained laning.

Mejai's if your going well, otherwise you need AP early for Lux to be truly powerful, so Deathcap as a 2nd item.

See this lux guide

Ripjaws

06-07-2011

Lux does not need a tear...I'm tired of people taking tears on champions who have no use for them. Tears are for people who are spamming spells with very short cooldowns or channeling. Kog'Maw, Anivia, Karthus, Sona are all justified with a tear.

Lux does NOT need a giant mana pool. It does nothing for her.

TonyTheTigerr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2011

Im surprised no one said lichbane or sheen

Leonixxiii

06-07-2011

For me I focus on her utilty over damage, so I build.

Meki+2xPots
Chalice + Sor Shoes
Feindish Codex
BV->MET
After that its DC to get more AP for my shield, and then finished with whatever feels good...

I use Chalice over TotG/AAS is its cheaper giving me more to build my middle items, and gives me all the mana I need.

But thats me... I like to rush MRegen, and 40% CDR so I can snare, and shield like crazy... Also 24sec ults are fun too.

WereTaco

06-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripjaws View Post
Lux does not need a tear...I'm tired of people taking tears on champions who have no use for them. Tears are for people who are spamming spells with very short cooldowns or channeling. Kog'Maw, Anivia, Karthus, Sona are all justified with a tear.

Lux does NOT need a giant mana pool. It does nothing for her.
Not everyone rations their mana well in the early game and the tear turns you from a oneshot heavy hitter into a harasser and great skirmisher. You do not really need it early and that is why the tear is recommended a bit later for Lux. You know, after she can start spell spamming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsiboi View Post
Sheen can be great for her early game but the lichbane is definitely a late game item and a poor choice to rush for. Once the teamfights start it requires you to be closer to the fight than you want to be. That said, once you break the 5-600 AP mark it makes you an amazing tower pusher. You can shield the tank, hit the tower, throw the bomb and whack the tower again. That is at east 1k damage you just did to the building and your tank has taken no damage.

Lancefighter

06-07-2011

Quote:
A lux trying to use lichbane procs in teamfights is a dead lux.

A dead lux is a bad lux.

ForeverLaxx

06-07-2011

Quote:
Because the thread is about what Item to rush. If you rush a Lichbane, you're dumb. If you rush a Sheen, you're also dumb because the amount of AP it gives isn't worth trying to utilize the proc.

Spitemaster

06-07-2011

I always go Tear. But that might be because I have ~19.8% CDR from masteries and runes. I'm not spamming my spells, but if I don't get a tear early on I can't harass as well as I should.

Martok22

06-07-2011

2, 3 Dorans. Boots of lucidity/Sorcerer's

First big item: Deathcap.

iP1ayJarvan

06-07-2011

i prefer sorcs over lucidity. cdr runes and utility tree+offense give me 15%, a morello's would bring that up to 35% so i dont think lucidity is worth it. i rush a mejais coz its darned easy to get assists (and ks) with lux but that not being the case in a bad game, i rush tear+boots, finish morello's, then start deathcap. archangels after deathcap