Lux best item to rush?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Soulseeker78

06-05-2011

I picked up Lux and played a few games with her. I'm really enjoying her. I just can't decide on what item to rush. I've considered a Mejai's Soulstealer, a DFG, A Morello's Evil Tome. They all seem like very good items to pick up early, but it seems like it takes me a long time to get them. Any tips would be appreciated.

freakigod

06-05-2011

Sorc boots -> catalyst -> rod of ages -> deathcap

switch blasting wand for roa with huge wand before finishing roa if getting a lot of kills.

holySatan

06-05-2011

I like to rush a tear of the goddess to start building up my mana pool. Then I'll for the evil tomb for the CDR before finishing the Archangels

KudoKou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-05-2011

If you get enough deathcaps, you unlock the real final spark.

Nethank

06-06-2011

The best three starting items i find are Kage's Lucky pick (extra gold and some AP, the backbone of Lux's power), Tear of Goddess (for the mana), then Boots of Lucidity (movement + CDR). That's the start of the Lux build I developed, and I've had some awesome success stories with my build.

Picking the right item's is good, but item's are only half the story. Success isn't determined so much by the items but by how well you understand the character. I would recommend looking at some of the Lux guides for tips, just remember that Zhonya's Ring, listed in most of them, isn't available anymore.

Lancefighter

06-06-2011

start with dring, try to get sorc boots as soon as possible. (total cost 1100)

In a solo lane, I try to build deathcap sooner, because I will have the farm to support it. In a duo lane, I tend to prefer morellos evil tome first. In either case, i like to have the following - sorc boots, deathcap, morellos, void staff. Soulstealer is *ok*, but I often fail miserably in the games i buy it, and win handily in the games I dont..

Shrilburt

06-07-2011

I get dorans ring, kages lucky pick, boots 1, mejias, upgrade to boots of lucidity, deathcap, void staff then sell dorans ring and get raileys or something. idk its what works for me best, also if i have enough gold after that ill sell pick and buy some other big ap item.

KyranX

06-07-2011

My friend was raging at me the other day about Lux. He was like "DEATHCAP, DEATHCAP, DEATHCAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

So then I will suggest you rush Deathcap first on behalf of my friend.

Xtractor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2011

soulstealer if your pro.

WereTaco

06-07-2011

Honestly, as Lux you need to keep your options open. There are multiple factors that can determine when and what you get. A lot of your playstyle and build options can be affected by your laning phase in particular.

1. Solo Lane
a) Congratz, you have mid or top solo. This means your team will want/need you to take up the ganky/raw damage spike banner. If you are mid you should have an exceptional farm with an almost guaranteed kill at lvl 6 assuming you have been harassing your opponent well. A NLarge Rod makes a great first purchase as you should have enough gold to get one on your first bluepill. If not, grab a Blasting Wand and some boots. This helps your dmg a ton and lets you gank other lanes as necessary. Either way, long range damage and surprise CC is your main focus.
b) Solo Lane is punching my face in, what get? Get the RoA...you need the survivability without sacrificing too much dmg. You got the solo lane because your team needs you to do dmg. Dmg and your farm should still be decent thanks to your passive. RoA is priority followed by...CDR and more AP!

2. Duo Lane
a) Score! You have Demacians or other early game ganky lanebuddies. Farm up, push smart, and get some kills in. Lavish yourself in the 14-20minute DeathCap, grab some Boots of Lucidity, and work on that AP.
b) Ouchies! The other team is hurting a lot more than us... Odds are you are fighting at your tower or pretty close and the lane is pretty onesided. Goodnews is that you are Lux so still have a respectable farm and can afford your Cat-the-P, boots, and possibly a full out RoA.
c) Cool, your lane is mediocre so do what you want. I still prefer Cat-the-P, Boots of Lucidity, and some AP as good core items to rush. Going early damage or early health is mostly dependant on whether they can get to you.
d) Tryndamere or Ashe is in my lane and now I have no farm. Don't get into lanes like that. You need a lot of farm to keep your damage relevant so try not to go with people who need massive amounts of minions early.

Overall you will want CDR (I like the boots) and AP. Once you have those get the Tear and farm that thing up. CDR is first though. As Lux spend a short amount of time on the platform to increase your mana pool post Tear and that ought to fix any issues you may have had with mana. Focus on that AP and grab a B-Veil if you need it and did not get the RoA earlier. It all comes down to how close you get to the enemy and how much they do to you as for what Item to rush.